Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October

The Bethesda Blog announces the DOOM 3 BFG Edition will be released in North America on October 16, 2012, and the re-mastered version of id's shooter sequel is due in Europe three days after that. Here's the announcement, which also includes pricing information:

We’re pleased to announce that DOOM 3 BFG Edition is slated for release in North America on October 16, 2012 and throughout Europe on October 19, 2012. DOOM 3 BFG Edition will feature re-mastered versions of both DOOM 3 and the Resurrection of Evil add-on pack, as well seven new levels of content entitled ‘The Lost Mission.’ DOOM 3 BFG Edition will be available in North America on PC for $29.99 and on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $39.99.

Re-mastered for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, DOOM 3 and it’s expansion pack offer enhanced visuals further immersing you in the demonic world like never before. DOOM 3, Resurrection of Evil, and ‘The Lost Mission’ have been optimized in 3D, featuring 5.1 surround sound, Xbox 360 Achievements, PlayStation 3 trophies, improved rendering and lighting, and a new check point save system allowing for smoother progression through the game. id Software has fine-tuned the controls to bring the intensity of the DOOM single and multiplayer experience to the consoles, and DOOM 3 now features the new armor-mounted flashlight, allowing players to illuminate dark corners and blast enemies at the same time.

DOOM 3 BFG Edition will also include the original DOOM and DOOM 2 games, making it the definitive collection of the genre-defining games developed by id Software, the pioneers of the first-person shooter genre.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. it's = it is Jun 24, 2012, 00:31 Ant

"Re-mastered for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, DOOM 3 and it’s expansion pack offer enhanced visuals further immersing you in the demonic world like never before..."

FAILED!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 20, 2012, 03:48 beigemore

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that I really enjoyed Doom 3 for PC when it first came out and I did not have any issues with the lighting. The only things I didn't like about the game were having to write down so many codes, having to listen to and read tons of audio logs, and the length of those two extremely large lab levels.

Other than that, I thought the atmosphere was freaking awesome. Though the audio logs were annoying at times, they did a good job of setting up more backstory and insight to employee concerns and bickering. I may pick this up for PC, but will definitely get it for my nephews for PS3.

20. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 20, 2012, 02:26 SlimRam

Step One:

Apply the Dead Horse.

Step Two:

Commence the Beating.

DOOM 3 needs to die the undignified death that it richly deserves. Time to move on Id with a new IP....oh wait......nevermind Skull

Slightly Off Movie Quotes:

"I love the smell of napalm and 'Fruity Pebbles' in the morning."

Bill Kilgore - Apocalypse Now

19. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 20:01 z0dd

They should have waited and released this new version with support for whatever advanced VR headset tech Carmack is working on. Look up the video, you'll be amazed.

PS: No one has said it so here goes. Does the Deluxe Edition come with a high-powered flashlight???

18. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 18:22 Razumen

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 14:42:
Razumen wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:49:
NegaDeath wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:38:
This sounds like a "Oh crap Rage didn't do well let's shove this out with minimal effort" edition.

Except the fact that there's actual new content in this edition instantly places it above most other HD re-releases. Otherwise you're "totally" right.

For console players this might be worth it, if someone has never played it. But the graphics look the same on the PC version as the day it came out, looking at the trailer. A few extra levels is not worth $30 in my opinion.

I'd get it for PS3 if they put in 4-player splitscreen MP and 2-player Coop. But yeah, otherwise I'm not going to pay $30 for seven new levels.

17. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 16:16 Dr. D. Schreber

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 14:42:
For console players this might be worth it, if someone has never played it. But the graphics look the same on the PC version as the day it came out, looking at the trailer. A few extra levels is not worth $30 in my opinion.

Nor is it worth paying for the flashlight when the Duct Tape Mod is nice and free.

That being said, the console hate over this is silly. This game is how many years old? If it were the original XBox port I'd say there would be an obvious drop in quality (and there was with said original XBox port) but I think the 360 and PS3 can handle all the darkness and occasionally visible wasn't-even-good-for-the-time normal maps.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

16. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 15:13 netnerd85

Oh dear, the price tag...  

15. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 14:42 jdreyer

Razumen wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:49:
This sounds like a "Oh crap Rage didn't do well let's shove this out with minimal effort" edition.

Except the fact that there's actual new content in this edition instantly places it above most other HD re-releases. Otherwise you're "totally" right.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

14. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 13:49 Razumen

13. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 13:38 NegaDeath

12. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 13:36 Razumen

The console hate in this thread is almost palpable. Geez.

I for one only care if it has Coop built in, the textures were low res enough to begin with that I doubt they'll suffer much, if any, degradation.

11. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 13:28 MajorD

I am repeating myself, but it should be called the BFD Edition!!!

10. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 13:21 Clancy

Beelzebud wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 12:38:
This should be a free upgrade for people that already bought it once.

I wonder if the textures will be lower res than the original Doom 3 textures to make it all run on the consoles. Oh well, I'm pretty much done and over with Id. Hope they enjoy their new console fan base. All 10 of them.
A free downgrade to lower res textures? What are you thinking?
People will [u]pay[/u] to have lower res textures!

It should be going to the bargin bins pretty darn fast...

9. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 13:08 Mr. Tact

I'd care more if they said something to the effect of making DOOM and DOOM 2 work well in a current 64 bit OS. Not that I have tried recently, I know there are mods out there to make the old games work on modern rigs.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 12:56 Ahumado

Pwoooot. Are you reading this John ? No one likes your games anymore  

7. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 12:38 Beelzebud

This should be a free upgrade for people that already bought it once.

I wonder if the textures will be lower res than the original Doom 3 textures to make it all run on the consoles. Oh well, I'm pretty much done and over with Id. Hope they enjoy their new console fan base. All 10 of them.

6. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 12:14 zombiefan

I know Mythbusters already proved this, but I still say you can't polish a turd.  

5. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 11:36 Creston

Remastered for Xbox 360 and PS3. So you mean it's actually WORSE than the original version, and yet you expect PC users to fork over 30 bucks for it?

What the fuck happened to id???

Creston

4. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 11:27 MacLeod

Bleh. I played Doom 3 for a while, but just got tired of clearing the room/corridor, walking 5 steps and having an imp carving my back open because I crossed some spawn-mob line. If they wanted enemies to repopulate areas you've already been to, at least don't do it while I'm still within line-of-sight. It just seemed cheap to me.

and DOOM 3 now features the new armor-mounted flashlight, allowing players to illuminate dark corners and blast enemies at the same time.

Hehe. Cause the fact that you didn't have access to this initially was kind of absurd. I mean, even if not armor-mounted... duct tape. Just saying.

3. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition in October Jun 19, 2012, 11:14 nin

I can't really see this being a big seller...granted, I doubt they had to put much additional work into it, but still.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo