Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Down for Patching

The Diablo III Forums announce scheduled maintenance is underway for Diablo III to update the action/RPG sequel to version 1.0.3 in North America, while the European Diablo III Forums announce the new version will be applied across the pond tomorrow. This process currently may cause confusion, as although the announcement says that they expect the game to be back in action around 4:00 pm EDT today, attempts to login at the moment produce a message saying the game must restart to apply the patch, which just results in a crash loop. While you are waiting for the game to return, you can read about some of the changes in version 1.0.3 in this preview.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 20, 2012, 09:24 Verno

I don't know why they are intent on there being some form of punishment for death. Here's an idea, remove a stack of NV every time you die. People will try their hardest not to die and you don't make them worry about going broke with every death. The zergers are less happy but they can still do their content, everyone else is happy. Win/win. Why wasn't this done? Does everyone at Blizzard disdain their customers so much that they think they need to be treated like a pack of lemmings? Wait don't answer that.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 20, 2012, 04:22 Armengar

ouch. 6k per death on my 60 barbarian now. And my heal per hit + steal is now dead as IAS has been nerfed. Canned the barbarian and rolled a wizard. Like everyone else it seems. Inferno is too expensive to play. In fact melee is too expensive to play - it only takes a few "unnoticed" fallen maniacs/exploding deaths to cost you the entire loot run.

Gem crafting is still a complete waste of time as it is better to sell your gems & pages to the vendor and buy squares for 100 on the AH. Same with blacksmith, unless you are crafting top tier stuff then the AH has enough dregs to kit your character out for a fraction of the cost of a couple of blacksmith attempts.

TBH, ive had a month of D3 (worth my £30 paid) but probably gonna can it for a while and move on till they stop doing stupid patches.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

31. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 20:13 Krovven

mch wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 12:59:
Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 12:39:

No WD buffs in there either.

Did you think the WD needed buffs? I'm playing one and I'm pretty happy so far. Granted I'm only around lvl 29, so I'm just curious.

Wait till Elites get a lot tougher. WD dots and pets don't scale very well.

30. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 18:01 FloorPie

Less than a month and I've stopped playing. Actually loaded up swtor again and played that for a few hours the other day along with Sins of a Solar Empire. Hell, leveling a character on wow has more appeal these days.  

29. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 17:34 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:51:
Haha wow, Demon Hunters got it harsh with the IAS and NT nerfs. I think my Wizard does more damage now. I hope they take another look at that, the glass cannon style of play suited them well. Sitting around in a shitty vit/all-res setup makes that class boring as hell.

So is the IAS nerf, for example, an item with +8% attack speed is now +4%?

28. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 16:22 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:51:
Haha wow, Demon Hunters got it harsh with the IAS and NT nerfs. I think my Wizard does more damage now. I hope they take another look at that, the glass cannon style of play suited them well. Sitting around in a shitty vit/all-res setup makes that class boring as hell.

Yea I wrote down all my dude's damage to see what kind of hit they all take with the update....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

27. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 15:51 Verno

26. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 15:44 Flatline

Asmodai wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 15:31:
What better way to drive up the prices on the RMAH than to make items harder to come by!

That couldn't be it though, it would be like the gambling industry making it harder to win on slot machines so you spend more time pulling the leaver like a trained chimp and they make more money...

Though to be fair, slot machines are regulated by law usually hand have to have a minimum required payout rate.

25. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 15:31 Asmodai

What better way to drive up the prices on the RMAH than to make items harder to come by!

That couldn't be it though, it would be like the gambling industry making it harder to win on slot machines so you spend more time pulling the leaver like a trained chimp and they make more money...

24. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 15:11 Optional nickname

every patch herds more and more people towards the RMAH, this is what it's all about. Although I have already finished the game with all 5 classes , from gear found and transferred to each, havent bothered with any AH at all. There are some really cool moments in the game, for instance, when there is no lag, and each of your friends have a good videocard, the smashing through mobs never gets old, Blizzard has made this fun, but replayability factor is way down from Diablo 2.

If there is no DLC / major quest expansion to this game, it will fizzle out like a *cough* torchlight.

Looking forward to Simcity and Generals 2 sometime early spring next year. Over and out, as I wait to play the new SMB on WIIU. RIP PC Gaming until then once again. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at Microsoft's tablet announcement of today.

23. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 14:23 Luke

SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:30:
Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:23:
People like finding farming loops, boss runs and stuff like that, it's part of the experience.

Exactly. If feels like they are doing all they can to eliminate the Chinese/Bot farming viability from the game, but in doing that they are basically removing large sections of the Diablo Experience.

I imagine once they get all this nonsense straightened out and they feel like they having the farming under control to where it can't be performed by bots they will release a patch that throws item levels up to 70 or an expansion. That way it would completely invalidate the current pool of "ill-gotten" items.

yea riiiight

22. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 14:09 Verno

Maybe it is the patch that you will realise you can leave all channels? Why subject yourself to AOL chat?

People have been spamming using the "Add Friend" functionality as it lets you attach a message to the invtation. So you get an invite from "www.goldbullshitsite.com" saying WE HAV BESTEST PRICE ON DIABLO GOLD!! I suspect they are getting a player list by querying the server in some way as I don't even join channels since the channel hotfix and still get them.

edit: People are reporting 3000+g per death in Inferno level gear, ugh. The average person will lose a fortune trying to kill Belial and etc now.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2012, 14:30.

21. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 13:57 xXBatmanXx

pacbowl wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 12:48:
Is this the patch that fixes the rampant spamming and the broken ignore list?

Maybe it is the patch that you will realise you can leave all channels? Why subject yourself to AOL chat?

Also these are lame: "Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses" and "Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed"

wtf. My 2 legendaries and most of my rares come from desctructo....so now I won't get many at all? And that pretty much kills the need for MF.

I wonder if they are trying to slow the influx of gear?

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2012, 14:13.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

20. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 13:40 nin

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:36:
OMG! This is the patch that changes the minimap!!!

Haha, sorry John, it's not.

Whoa whoa, almost snorted pop out my nose there...well played!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 13:36 Cutter

OMG! This is the patch that changes the minimap!!!

Haha, sorry John, it's not.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

18. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 13:30 SimplyMonk

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:23:
People like finding farming loops, boss runs and stuff like that, it's part of the experience.

Exactly. If feels like they are doing all they can to eliminate the Chinese/Bot farming viability from the game, but in doing that they are basically removing large sections of the Diablo Experience.

I imagine once they get all this nonsense straightened out and they feel like they having the farming under control to where it can't be performed by bots they will release a patch that throws item levels up to 70 or an expansion. That way it would completely invalidate the current pool of "ill-gotten" items.

17. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 13:29 Mr. Tact

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:23:
Did you click the link?
Ha! Silly me, my brain apparently wasn't in gear. Totally missed/ignored the fact the quoted text was yellow and underlined.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

16. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 13:23 Verno

SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:17:
If they were going to have this mentality that the only way you should be able to get gear is by killing mobs, why even bother with all the destructible/lootable environments in the first place? Reduced gold and no items means no one is going to bother anymore.

At the very least they could make white items able to be broken down again which would make environment farming useful for crafting items and a little bit of gold.

Oh it's beyond silly dude. Magic find doesn't affect treasure chests, really? They seem hellbent on making people basically just play through the Act in a totally linear manner to get anything, bashing their heads against whatever silly pack affixes they come up against and that's just counter to the usual Diablo play style. People like finding farming loops, boss runs and stuff like that, it's part of the experience.

15. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 13:23 nin

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 13:12:
Did you intend to say something there nin? Or did you just want to increment your post count?

Did you click the link?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 13:17 SimplyMonk

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 12:31:
It's a game where you farm, stop messing around with the farming. People aren't going to play for the young adult story in a year.

If they were going to have this mentality that the only way you should be able to get gear is by killing mobs, why even bother with all the destructible/lootable environments in the first place? Reduced gold and no items means no one is going to bother anymore.

At the very least they could make white items able to be broken down again which would make environment farming useful for crafting items and a little bit of gold.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo