Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Looking forward to getting back on track after a crazy weekend. I'll be well sustained for the effort, as I have a good pile of leftovers to enjoy, since two of our guests from yesterday were flying home, and the other is a borderline vegetarian, so our efforts at sending them home with food failed. Oh well, I'll have to make the sacrifice of keeping these ribs and chicken breasts from going to waste.

R.I.P.: Rodney King, whose beating led to LA riots, dies.

Crazy Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Bounzy 2.
Evil Forest Games.
Links: Survive the Zombie Apocalypse In Your Very Own Lighthouse Hideaway. Thanks cog.
Stories: MA town puts $20 fine on profanity. Thanks Neatorama. Demolition Man predicts.
Archaeologist finds oldest rock art in Australia.
Radiohead cancel Toronto show after stage collapse causes death.
Science: NASA's Voyager 1 set to leave solar system, 11 billion miles away. Thanks HARDOCP.
Human Microbiome Project Explores Our 100 Trillion Good Bacteria. Thanks Neatorama.
Game of Bucks.
Media: Privacy - Wonders of the World Wide Web.
Russian Dashcam Compilation From TwisterNederland.
The Fast Show: Competitive Dad plays Monopoly.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2012, 08:43 Asmodai

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 18:52:
Need an email to send it to, Azzie. None in yer profile.

Email setup and I mailed you as well, cheers ; )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Rodney King Jun 18, 2012, 23:17 Ahumado

Well Boo Hoo  

12. MA town puts $20 fine on profanity Jun 18, 2012, 23:16 kanniballl

Personally I think the zealous stance against profanity is overrated. I'm not saying people should be dropping F-bombs every other sentence (I hate that) but sometimes a curse-word gets the point across and the emotion behind it.

Example: if I get early-AM wake-up support calls multiple 3 days in a row and about 238 emails in my inbox... all due to work being done by another department.

I might drop a curse-word.

What gets the point across better?
  • Their performance was unacceptable, I should not have to be bothered so much
  • The migration was a frickin disaster

• The first one, heck that could be said about anything (minor outage and a dozen emails). Maybe a minor inconvenience to me and the customers.

The second says "woah, this really went poorly"

- EDIT -
    Commented my word-choice. Though even using "frickin " has gotten me into trouble in the workplace

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurama

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 23:11 kanniballl

Blue wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 14:29:
    no1uno wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 13:52:
    I believe you're thinking of "Demolition Man" as the movie involving profanity being banned (recall, Stallone curses over and over to get enough paper to use the toilet, not yet having mastered "the three shells"...)
    -- Monte

D'oh! You are correct... thanks.

I'm confused... where is the Demolition Man quote above? Did Blue remove it?

Nevermind I see it.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurama

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 22:33 Asmodai

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 18:52:
    Asmodai wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 17:50:
    Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 13:59:
    I don't think humanity - if it survives a few more centuries - is going to be happy when Vger returns to destroy the carbon unit infestation.

Hehe ; )

All jokes aside, it's an amazing journey and it's going to kinda bittersweet when the thing stops transmitting and sails off in to the void. It's hard for me not to imbue it with a personality, almost like a living being... =\

Oh yeah, if you've still got that key going I'll gratefully take it off your hands!

Urk, should set that up, I'll be in touch, ty ; )

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 18:52 Cutter

Asmodai wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 17:50:
    I don't think humanity - if it survives a few more centuries - is going to be happy when Vger returns to destroy the carbon unit infestation.

Hehe ; )

All jokes aside, it's an amazing journey and it's going to kinda bittersweet when the thing stops transmitting and sails off in to the void. It's hard for me not to imbue it with a personality, almost like a living being... =\

Oh yeah, if you've still got that key going I'll gratefully take it off your hands!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 17:50 Asmodai

Hehe ; )

7. Rodney King Jun 18, 2012, 16:21 jdreyer

"Can't we all just...just get along?"

Indeed, Rodney. RIP.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 15:33 Dan =0)

Ah, MA, my home state. There are ordinances in various cities to curb public profanity. All I can say is, um, yay?

http://drdk.bandcamp.com

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
    http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
    http://drdkmusic.net76.net

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 14:48 Cutter

Oh yeah, still have a buddy key for The Secret World closed beta if anyone wants.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 14:29  Blue 

no1uno wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 13:52:
    I believe you're thinking of "Demolition Man" as the movie involving profanity being banned (recall, Stallone curses over and over to get enough paper to use the toilet, not yet having mastered "the three shells"...)
    -- Monte

D'oh! You are correct... thanks.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
    Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 13:59 Cutter

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 13:52 no1uno

-- Monte

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2012, 11:28 nin

Anyone else get stiffed on Wilfred from netflix today?

Dammit...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo