Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains

Ubisoft Entertainment has registered several domains suggesting they are considering the cinematic opportunities presented by their new WatchDogs IP. The domain registrations noticed by Fusible are for WatchDogsmovie.com, WatchDogsthemovie.com, Watch-Dogsmovie.com, and Watch-Dogsthemovie.com. Thanks Joystiq via lochwinnoch.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 15:46 xornand

Creston wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 10:45:

more excited about Watch Dogs.

We don't even know what kind of game "Watch Dogs" is going to be.
I predict great visuals but an atrocious "Hollywood" storyline with on-rails faux open world gameplay. Think something like the Mass Effect series.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 10:45 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 09:58:
tomigun wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 02:13:
Agree, only title I remember from E3

Only title anyone should remember from E3 this yeas is Planetside 2. It roxxord everyones boxxors.

Seeing as how previous MMOs you considered to be unbeatable were Dungeons and Dragons Online and Vanguard, both of which would "roxxor our boxxors", I'm going to just go ahead and be more excited about Watch Dogs.

Creston

9. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 09:58 Cutter

tomigun wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 02:13:

Only title anyone should remember from E3 this yeas is Planetside 2. It roxxord everyones boxxors.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 09:31 swedishfriend

The movie would be a much smaller undertaking than the game so maybe they should work on both but release the film first and use the momentum to launch the game.  

7. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 09:17 theyarecomingforyou

Spektr wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 08:40:
Yes but.. they should make the game before they get started with the movie.
I'm certain that will be the case, if the even make a movie at all. This is just to safeguard the IP for a later date. Very few movie studios would be willing to gamble on a new IP like this.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

6. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 08:40 Spektr

Yes but.. they should make the game before they get started with the movie.  

5. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 05:37 EddieTheHack

as long as uwe boll has nothing whatsoever to do with this, it may actually be worth watching. i say this because Ubi has a habit of taking something with potential and then hammering it into the floor with stupid decisions, like (insert game title here) but it uses their DRM.  

4. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 04:37 theyarecomingforyou

WatchDogs was easily the best game to appear from E3. There were so many small details that really impressed me, especially the incidental interactions. The narrative was delivered in a really credible way, which would certainly translate to the big screen. It remains to be seen whether the game is as freeform as the trailer implied but even if it fails to live up to its lofty aspirations it's good to see publishers taking a chance with new IPs with new gameplay styles.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

3. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 03:02 siapnar

Watch Dogs was an explosive breath of fresh air me thinks.
The last time I was so blown away by an E3 Trailer/demo was when I first viewed the Max Payne E3 Trailer in 2001. I remember just screaming with joy.

Ubisoft rocked E3 this year, man.

Watch Dogs, AC3 and Far Cry 3.

Might as well have called it Ubisoft Entertainment Expo

I have projectile dysfunction.

2. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 18, 2012, 02:13 tomigun

1. Re: Ubisoft Registers WatchDogs Movie Domains Jun 17, 2012, 22:03 Creston

Watch dogs looks very interesting. Definitely excited about it.

Creston

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo