Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

It Came from E3 2012, Part 16

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. im an ordinary guy, burning down the house Jun 17, 2012, 23:37 space captain

just fighting rhetoric with rhetoric  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 21:44 Slashman

space captain wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 18:43:
seriously, ask the fucking girls what they think.. try that one out, poindexter

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that one to happen.

13. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 18:43 space captain

video games are entertainment.. the entertainment industry thrives on sex in general, its unavoidable and very understandable as far as im concerned

but really the argument against BOOTH GIRLS NOOOOOOO! sounds very much to me like those socially retarded nerds that have never even touched a chick, always wanting to come to their rescue and be the knight in shining armor.. because ultimately, they want that pussy too

maybe thats not whats happening here, but it happens enough in real life that i wouldnt discount some kind of similar thing

seriously, ask the fucking girls what they think.. try that one out, poindexter

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 15:38 [VG]Reagle

wtf_man wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 13:58:
Every year it gets worse. The world has been completely pussified.

And the problem with that is ..........

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

11. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 15:18 Wowbagger_TIP

Gruntstein wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 14:37:
I bet a decent amount of these booth broads are strippers or call girls, BUT OH GOD THEY'RE WEARING AN ELF BIKINI AT A VIDEO GAME CONVENTION THE HORROR. I'm against this shit because it's lame, not because it's sexist.
If there were no booth babes, then it would just be wall-to-wall fat, sweaty nerds. Gotta break up the hideousness a bit.

Honestly, though, I don't really care about it. I'm never going to go to the shows anyway. It's not worth the money or vacation time. So whatever works for them to show off their stuff is fine with me. Hopefully the gaming journalists (and I use that term very loosely for most of them) can get past all that and get some actual info on the games out to us.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

10. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 14:37 Gruntstein

I bet a decent amount of these booth broads are strippers or call girls, BUT OH GOD THEY'RE WEARING AN ELF BIKINI AT A VIDEO GAME CONVENTION THE HORROR. I'm against this shit because it's lame, not because it's sexist.

9. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 13:58 wtf_man

All I have to say is, Fuck being politically correct.

Every year it gets worse. The world has been completely pussified.

8. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 12:57 nin

and just gave each company a booth (size depending on the needs) to just have consoles/pc's setup for whatever they were demonstrating, what kind of event would it be?

A pretty damn cool event, at least for the gamers. But the publishers would hate it, since they'd actually have to focus on product.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 12:45 The Half Elf

Question is, if you removed all the lights, sounds, women, from E3 and just gave each company a booth (size depending on the needs) to just have consoles/pc's setup for whatever they were demonstrating, what kind of event would it be?

How much money would companies be saving? How much of each game's budget comes from this sort of marketing?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 12:13 [VG]Reagle

Women have been using their looks since the BEGINNING OF TIME.  

5. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 11:50 Saboth

I agree. No one is forcing the women to work the booths. Many of them make a good career out of it. It's not a new topic either. Booth babes have been around since conventions began. They are at conventions for every industry. Anyone with a booth can tell you, your traffic is hurt by not having an attractive woman representing your product. Perhaps it's not PC, but it's reality.  

4. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 00:56 space captain

does Hooters need to grow up?

gimme a break with this politically correct bullshit

we get it.. you are so fucking mature, just so fucking adult and proper and well-adjusted productive members of society..

Go forth, and kill!

3. yo Jun 17, 2012, 00:47 space captain

i want in on the beta  
Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 16, 2012, 23:09 [VG]Reagle

PS2 we r ready  

1. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 16, 2012, 18:05 Cutter

Best Shooter, Best MMO, Best of Show, Most Awards Received – PlanetSide 2

PlanetSide 2, on paper, almost seems too good to be true. In action, the “almost” disappears before your eyes and you’re left wondering: How can something this ambitious actually exist? And if it can, why did it take this long for somebody to do it?

We didn’t hand the same game the award for Best Shooter, Best MMO, and Best of Show lightly, but PlanetSide 2 clearly asserted itself as the top candidate in all of those categories. The shooting is fast, frantic, and fun. As an MMOFPS, it takes nearly every gameplay element that’s been attempted in the genre up to 11, without making any compromises in its pursuit of its “Wouldn’t it be cool if…?” premise. From what we’ve seen so far, PS2 has all of the elements PC gamers want in our ideal persistent, massively-multiplayer shooter, and probably a few we didn’t know we wanted.

We love that everything you do, from the time your boots hit the ground to that inevitable moment that you’re forced to log off by the sun coming in your window and the realization that you have to work, directly affects a world that doesn’t go away when a match ends.

E3 hasn’t ever really been about the PC, and this year featured a lot of big console titles, but we can say without any caveat that PlanetSide 2 stole the show for us. It’s shaping up to be a transcendent experience, both as a shooter and an MMO, in a very “only on PC” kind of way.

Hells yeah!!! I am down with the sickness. Simply cannot wait to get in there!!!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo