Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 21, 2012, 11:23 Ant

kanniballl wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 15:26:
I've read this in a few forums, so apologies if Blues was one of them and I'm just repeating it...

The following may be related.

So apparently, Verizon has decided not expand its FIOS network anymore. Apparently laying down more and more Fiber was getting too expensive.

So if your area doesn't have FIOS yet, chances are you won't.

Some of the RUMOR I've read is that they're going to focus on rollowing out 4g wireless internet solutions instead

I wonder if that's what they're going to announce: focusing on wireless data for homes

-
Yeah that was like last year's news. My cities have them, but not in my neighborhood.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 19, 2012, 18:31 Dev

Looks like it was a boring FIOS speed upgrade. And since they stopped expanding that, its not of much significance.  

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 17, 2012, 15:26 kanniballl

I've read this in a few forums, so apologies if Blues was one of them and I'm just repeating it...

The following may be related.

So apparently, Verizon has decided not expand its FIOS network anymore. Apparently laying down more and more Fiber was getting too expensive.

So if your area doesn't have FIOS yet, chances are you won't.

Some of the RUMOR I've read is that they're going to focus on rollowing out 4g wireless internet solutions instead

I wonder if that's what they're going to announce: focusing on wireless data for homes

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 17, 2012, 12:42 Alamar

Kitkoan wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 18:53:
Isn't that around the time all the major ISP's become the MPAA's bitches and start sending threating letters to people because they think that sometime, somehow they might just have downloaded something they shouldn't have? And it doesn't matter what the person says, they are guilty and never proven otherwise?

I got such a letter many years ago... It specifically mentions the time and content (movie)...

And warns you to stop and that further action could result in some blah blah... blah...

Edit: Canadian Caps... 3.9% is scoffworthy... And nothing new... Just about every product, even those created locally, are pricier in Canada as compared to the US... Having 10 times the population (the US) changes some things...

-Alamar

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 17, 2012, 05:17 Dev

Pretty sure they do that already.  

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 16, 2012, 18:53 Kitkoan

Isn't that around the time all the major ISP's become the MPAA's bitches and start sending threating letters to people because they think that sometime, somehow they might just have downloaded something they shouldn't have? And it doesn't matter what the person says, they are guilty and never proven otherwise?  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 16, 2012, 17:28 CJ_Parker

Me says Verizon is full of SHIT  

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 16, 2012, 15:11 Quboid

The internet will change forever on 18th of June. It will also change forever on 17th of June and the 19th of June, and every other day.  

- Quboid

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 16, 2012, 15:09 Cutter

And if it doesn't change forever than everyone can sue Verizon for false advertising, right?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 16, 2012, 14:45 Dev

I doubt they are going back to unlimited internet on smart phones.

They already said they are stopping rollouts of FIOS to new markets. Which is too bad, because if they came here, I'd jump on FIOS in a heartbeat.

Probably not going to be significant.

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 16, 2012, 14:33 Flatline

Verizon is going to start charging a penny per page loaded, and institute weighted delivery systems.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo