Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 16, 2012, 13:50 Parallax Abstraction

Kitkoan wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 00:09:
Amazon Kindle Fire's haven't plunged off a cliff. From what I've read here,seems bloggers and others mis-understood what the information presented was really meaning.

I hope that's true. I really want to see the Kindle line continue to succeed. There's not nearly enough competition in tablets yet.

As usual, the tech press at large proves they're less journalists and more repeater circuits for PR.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 16, 2012, 13:36 nin

It's been rumored, but nothing official...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 16, 2012, 13:32 xXBatmanXx

Dades wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 08:56:
Yeah I don't know about, Kindles keep popping up everywhere around here. I think the bigger issue is that their competition keeps pricing out the profit from the actual unit sales but for Amazon it was always about moving media from their catalog anyway.

They takes losses on their hardware and sell the shit out of the software and daily deals. Books, media, games, etc.

Those deals, combined with the kindle fire coupons they offered the other day, are rumored to be because they're clearing stock, for whatever they announce this fall.

Wasn't it announced er...leaked, that it was the Fire 2 with 3G or 4G connectivity? Bigger screen, etc.?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 16, 2012, 08:56 Dades

Yeah I don't know about, Kindles keep popping up everywhere around here. I think the bigger issue is that their competition keeps pricing out the profit from the actual unit sales but for Amazon it was always about moving media from their catalog anyway.  

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 16, 2012, 00:09 Kitkoan

Amazon Kindle Fire's haven't plunged off a cliff. From what I've read here,seems bloggers and others mis-understood what the information presented was really meaning.  

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 16, 2012, 00:03 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 21:49:
Amazon Discounts Their Kindles.

Those deals, combined with the kindle fire coupons they offered the other day, are rumored to be because they're clearing stock, for whatever they announce this fall.

They're still great deals (I love my kindle keyboard), but like apple, there's always something "better" coming soon.

There's also been rumblings lately that the Kindle business is in free fall. Apparently Fire sales went off a cliff after Christmas and their e-readers are slowing too as many are just using tablets. I don't know how anyone can read off a backlit screen for a long period but...

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 15, 2012, 21:49 nin

Amazon Discounts Their Kindles.

They're still great deals (I love my kindle keyboard), but like apple, there's always something "better" coming soon.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo