Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Spec Ops: The Line Demo

Steam's Spec Ops: The Line page now offers the promised playable demo for Yager's military shooter. There are no details on the demo, but the 2K Games website can tell you all about the game. Steam also offers a couple of other recent demos for Bang Bang Racing and Plutonic Repulse. Thanks Frans.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Demo Jun 15, 2012, 18:13 ochentay4

Well, I downloaded and played the demo. Didnt have high expectations but... I liked it.

It plays similar to Gears of War and Call of Duty. Its made with Unreal 3 Engine, which I hate and has terrible frame rate fluctuations (like 30fps constant, then 60fps, then 30fps..) But the gameplay is good and the story is really refreshing. Three man against Dubai. Try it. It deserves at least to be played once (the demo). Which is nice since no demo no buy for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Demo Jun 15, 2012, 17:47 Caladell

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 15:55:
Caladell wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 15:27:
That's how I felt about it until I tried the demo. Ends up being just a generic cover based shooter. Enemies just stand there until you shoot them, which is always annoying. The story and visuals are pretty good, but the overall gameplay was just 'bleh' to me.

Were you seriously expecting anything different? This thing has CoD clone written all over it.

Expecting? No. Hoping, yes.

5. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Demo Jun 15, 2012, 17:18 eRe4s3r

But it really is more a bad GOW clone than a COD clone, if it were a cod clone it would be some mindless fun but this... this is just pretty looking garbage. At least.. visuals and story seem interesting. But what good does that do when it's boring as hell to play.  

4. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Demo Jun 15, 2012, 15:55 Cutter

Caladell wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 15:27:
That's how I felt about it until I tried the demo. Ends up being just a generic cover based shooter. Enemies just stand there until you shoot them, which is always annoying. The story and visuals are pretty good, but the overall gameplay was just 'bleh' to me.

Were you seriously expecting anything different? This thing has CoD clone written all over it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Demo Jun 15, 2012, 15:41 born2expire

Yeah!!!!! Another Gears of War clone, bro!!! WAHOOOO!!!!

the story seems the be the best part of it, but even that couldn't get me to the end of the demo.

2. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Demo Jun 15, 2012, 15:27 Caladell

1. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Demo Jun 15, 2012, 15:01 A51Abductee

This game seems to be worth a look, if only for its unique setting in a ruined Dubai and that its story is based on an abstracted version of Conrad's Heart of Darkness.

Also have to respect that they offered a demo, which I'm leeching now...

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo