Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Neversoft Supporting CoD

The Neversoft Entertainment Website has word that the Tony Hawk developer is hiring for the CoD series, saying: "We have molded our team into a crack squad of eager developers ready to push the First Person Action genre in support of Activision's Call of Duty franchise." Thanks NeoGAF via GameInformer. Almost exactly two years ago superannuation noted that Neversoft was hiring for a shooter project, and since this news broke, the sleuth has posted a couple of tweets suggesting this is a sci-fi installment in the series, and another tweet questioning whether a 125+ person team might be overstaffed for a support role.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 16, 2012, 13:50 RailWizard

bhcompy wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 18:57:
So, basically, what BF2142 was to the BF series, except since they put console first, it will just be Halo with different guns
If they do it will funny since Ghost recon beat them to it. The CoD guys are DEAD last. Same with Vietnam. They just don't even try to hide it anymore and all the idiots are right there sucking dried up tits.

I don't get why they just don't DLC the shit out of it instead of making a whole new(lol) game. You'd think the profit margin would be higher since making 4 maps and charging $15 for them has to be pretty high....and it's not like their engine changes, at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 19:22 TheLeech

Shineyguy wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 17:04:
Creston wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 13:00:
A sci-fi CoD might be interesting. Interesting enough at least for me not to dismiss it off-hand.

However, why would the Tony Hawk developer be capable of delivering a cool FPS?

Creston

Treyarch was the Tony Hawk developer of old; and they've been making every other CoD to come out of Activision for quite a few years now.

No, Treyarch did ports of the Tony Hawk series. Neversoft was the lead dev on the first seven games.

12. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 18:57 bhcompy

So, basically, what BF2142 was to the BF series, except since they put console first, it will just be Halo with different guns  

11. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 17:04 Shineyguy

A sci-fi CoD might be interesting. Interesting enough at least for me not to dismiss it off-hand.

Creston

Treyarch was the Tony Hawk developer of old; and they've been making every other CoD to come out of Activision for quite a few years now.

10. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 17:00 Elf Shot The Food

I wonder if this will be the 2013 edition, since I doubt Infinity Ward will be making that.  

9. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 15:24 Dmitri_M

Yeah something imaginative. Something other than the army of walmart freedom. New IPs are scary to developers.

8. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 14:35 NegaDeath

More! More Call of Duty! Annual is too slow, it should be bi-annual. No no, quarterly! Monthly! We should mail out games like those old AOL disks! We'll make a COD dedicated console! Yes! Yeeeeeeeeeesssss!

*cough* whew sorry about that, I was channeling Bobby Kotick for a second there.

7. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 13:59 Wallshadows

Oh dear.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

6. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 13:03 Beamer

Creston

Agreed on point 1.
Point 2, they did Gun, which was ok, but they're not even the Tony Hawk developer. The past 5 years they've solely been the Guitar Hero developer.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 13:02 Beamer

NKD wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 12:36:
Fuck Carl on Duty.

At least wait for his shift to end - he could get fired!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 13:00 Creston

Creston

3. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 12:36 NKD

Fuck Carl on Duty.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

2. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 12:22 Eirikrautha

Ooooo! Fresh blood. Perhaps we'll get a new take on this fran...

Who am I kidding? Nah, they'll just milk the cash cow from different udders.

1. Re: Neversoft Supporting CoD Jun 15, 2012, 12:21 Trevellian

Just die already.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo