Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rune Classic on Steam

Steam News announces the release of Rune Classic, saying Human Head's game of large melee weapons is on sale for 20% off for the next week:

This release contains the original Rune content, plus the multiplayer expansion pack Halls of Valhalla. Experience an exciting single player storyline where you thwart Loki and his minions from bringing Ragnarok to Midgard that will keep you entertained for hours. Eat meat and lizards, drink mead, as survival food. Call upon the power of the gods to enchant your weapon with Rune powers.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 17, 2012, 23:52 Acleacius

Damn,completely missed this and loved it in Coop! Drummer

Woo hoo! There's great Rune Coop mod for this, in case you haven't had a chance to try it. Don't try to play this mod solo!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 15, 2012, 09:25 Mad Max RW

Dev wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 04:49:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 22:41:
It's still a great game and comes with the expansion and new updates.
What new updates?

Many of the maps have been reworked. A few were supposedly removed but I honestly don't notice and I own the original CD version. Level scripting is redone so you don't have to kill certain badguys to move on. I know you can quickly skip through some levels because they opened things up more. Certain weapons are available earlier. The rune powers are redone and switched around. The new enemies from the PS2 port (skeletons, hell hounds, and frost giants) are in the game now. There's a new autosave feature which was more necessary than I ever expected.

8. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 15, 2012, 04:49 Dev

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 22:41:
It's still a great game and comes with the expansion and new updates.
What new updates?

7. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 15, 2012, 02:36 Jerykk

This seems to add weight to the rumors that Human Head is no longer working on Prey 2 and instead working on Rune 2.  

6. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 15, 2012, 01:16 StingingVelvet

Pretty much everything made for Win98 or higher works perfectly on Win7, in my experience. It's the Win95 games that can screw you up.  

5. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 15, 2012, 00:01 Bet

Asmo wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 23:35:
But does it work on win 7 64 bit?

I haven't seen much about Steam pulling a GoG and making older games compliant with new OS's.
Pretty sure it runs just fine (tough Unreal engine). Probably need to meddle with some settings to make it shine like it can, though. Been a while since doing that manually with a first-gen Unreal engine game...

4. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 14, 2012, 23:35 Asmo

But does it work on win 7 64 bit?

I haven't seen much about Steam pulling a GoG and making older games compliant with new OS's.

3. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 14, 2012, 22:41 Mad Max RW

It's still a great game and comes with the expansion and new updates. Also keep in mind buying Rune Classic will help fund the long awaited sequel. And it's on sale now until the 20th.  

2. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 14, 2012, 22:40 Dev

I remember enjoying this game back in the day. Maybe it will go on sale during the steam summer sale.  

1. Re: Rune Classic on Steam Jun 14, 2012, 21:37 Pyloff

$8 for a 12 year old game seems a bit steep. I'm spoiled by all the low priced indie games.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo