Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 14, 2012, 21:48 eRe4s3r

Unless you fancy RSI within 2 years touch screens will never be more than a gimmick in actual work environments so no fear of anyone upgrading to W8 Whoever thought its smart to have to physically move your entire arm/shoulder to touch something on a screen needs to be smacked, very VERY hard.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 14, 2012, 21:24 nin

necrosis wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 21:15:
Will Windows 7 be the new XP

Yes. At least with me unless Win8 makes some drastic UI decisions that I know it wont.

And that is just on a personal note. On a business note (I work IT) we are not even remotely looking at a upgrade to Win8 for at least 2 years. We got enough flack moving to Office 2007 and Win7 from users that refuse to learn something new.

The company I'm at is just now moving to Win7/Office 10 (we have a ton of custom in house software we've had to migrate/rewrite/virt term). Win8? Not even being discussed.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 14, 2012, 21:15 necrosis

Will Windows 7 be the new XP

Yes. At least with me unless Win8 makes some drastic UI decisions that I know it wont.

And that is just on a personal note. On a business note (I work IT) we are not even remotely looking at a upgrade to Win8 for at least 2 years. We got enough flack moving to Office 2007 and Win7 from users that refuse to learn something new.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo