Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 15, 2012, 00:42 Dmitri_M

m0deth wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 10:53:
2880x1800
Apple really play to their audience. They can't use a commonly used resolution like 2560. Is 2880 even a recognised standard?
I guess those extra few pixels will give Apple types something to boast over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 14, 2012, 12:41 Cutter

I like Nokia music phones.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 14, 2012, 11:47 CJ_Parker

Why's this called "evening mob" when it should be morning mob? Dude! Careful, there. Ya had me confused there for a moment and I was just on my way to the fridge to grab my evening beer. Wouldn't want uncle CJ to turn into an alcoholic now or would'cha? Yeah, you would. I bet this was intentional. This is probably all a conspiracy just to make me drink. Can't be suspicious enough these days...

Let's see. Where'd I put that damn tinfoil hat...

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 14, 2012, 11:16 Beamer

m0deth wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 10:53:
CIOS Beware: New Macbook Pro Will Be a Bandwidth Hog!!!!

Because of course, all sorts of folks will rush right into watching more 1080p or lesser quality video on their new 2880x1800 display just because it's crisper.....the video isn't....but you know, CIOs BEWARE!!!!

Didn't take that long for WSJ to hire paranoid chicken littles since the Newscorp takeover, glad to see the standards on WSJ lowered to the rest of Newscorp holdings.

It's still far and away the best paper.

What happened here was an idiot that had previously interviewed a guy that said "new iPad with better resolution means more bandwith, as people will no longer be happy with low-res video" and thinking it could be applied to anything. It DID apply to the iPad, because it brought it up to the highest level of content available. It won't for this, as Mac Pros are already at or above that level and nothing comes in for this.

Not really sure where you get your somewhat paranoid last sentence from, plus it's been part of NewsCorp for 5 years...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. CIOS Beware: New Macbook Pro Will Be a Bandwidth Hog. Jun 14, 2012, 11:12 Fantaz

It didn't take long for this article to go viral yesterday...  

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 14, 2012, 10:53 m0deth

CIOS Beware: New Macbook Pro Will Be a Bandwidth Hog!!!!

Because of course, all sorts of folks will rush right into watching more 1080p or lesser quality video on their new 2880x1800 display just because it's crisper.....the video isn't....but you know, CIOs BEWARE!!!!

Didn't take that long for WSJ to hire paranoid chicken littles since the Newscorp takeover, glad to see the standards on WSJ lowered to the rest of Newscorp holdings.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo