Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Flag Day, as today is the U.S.'s celebration of the adoption of the American Flag. This us celebrated by flying said flag, but since I am a descendant of alleged flag creator Betsy Ross, I am gladly accepting checks and other remuneration from those looking to express more tangible appreciation for the stars and stripes.

Flagged Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Relic of War.
Cover Orange Players Pack 3.
Links: Looping Game Gifs. Thanks Boing Boing.
The Day the MBTA Saved a Bunny and a Little Girl’s Heart. Thanks Boing Boing..
Stories: Several Studios To Skip Comic Con's Hall H.
Media: Smell balls.
Thirsty bulldog gets shot with water gun.
Spider being taken into another dimension.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 22:54 nin

Sepharo wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 22:40:
nin wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 22:20:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 22:14:
Looks like Hulu has the full S2E1 of Wilfred up for a special preview if anyone is interested. Don't need H+ either.

It's also at http://bit.ly/i0BDha . Robin Williams does a good job.

Oh you bastard... Hadn't watched it yet.

Well now you have to!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 22:43 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 18:30:
Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 12:41:
Oh! You said flag day. For a moment I thought America just got a lot more liberal.

The Simpsons said it best when they told the steel workers of America to keep reaching for that rainbow!

Heart

Fuck the rainbow I want a MAN! Not a *lisp* man....

Is it bad that while I've been single for almost 4 years, (after being 'married' for 13), that I really want a person with gaming interest? Preferably one not into MMO's (Introduced my Ex to Everquest and he became a hardcore player), but more regular computer/console games?

I would say go for someone a bit older. When I was in my 20s, I would pull all nighters and all weekenders playing Civ II and SMAC and XCom and, of course, Total Annihilation (see that avatar pic?). Now that I'm early 40s, I just don't have the interest/energy. About an hour or two a night is all I can handle. Also, when I was younger I would do more single player and PVP. I still play SP (Hello Skyrim!) but prefer Coop over PVP these days (Esp with my bro and his son), although we do play the occasional game of Worms.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 22:40 Sepharo

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 22:20:
Looks like Hulu has the full S2E1 of Wilfred up for a special preview if anyone is interested. Don't need H+ either.

Oh you bastard... Hadn't watched it yet.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 22:20 nin

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 22:14 Sepharo

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 18:30 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 12:41:
Oh! You said flag day. For a moment I thought America just got a lot more liberal.

The Simpsons said it best when they told the steel workers of America to keep reaching for that rainbow!

Heart

Fuck the rainbow I want a MAN! Not a *lisp* man....

Is it bad that while I've been single for almost 4 years, (after being 'married' for 13), that I really want a person with gaming interest? Preferably one not into MMO's (Introduced my Ex to Everquest and he became a hardcore player), but more regular computer/console games?

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2012, 20:58.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 17:19 lochwinnoch78

Here's a couple of relevant facts for you, from a Brit. I only recently read this about the Union Flag (the official name for the flag).

1. It's not the official flag of the UK (I.e. the union) - its the flag of the monarchy. It was never made official, merely adopted (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Flag#Status)

2. Because it's not official, there's no official disposal method. Desecrating (e.g. Burning) the UK flag is not legislated against.

I'm 34 and only just finding this out mental. Happy flag day, US! At least you had the sense to make an official one

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 15:39 NegaDeath

It's stories like that little girl with the bunny that makes you think we aren't quite so doomed as a species.

We're still doomed though. But at least we'll still have our stuffed rabbits.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 15:27 Bet

Some of those looping game gifs are so...hypnotic...  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 12:41 Cutter

Heart

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 11:35 nin

Killer Kane wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 11:22:
So you'll accept money because your "great-great-great-great-Grandmother once removed on your father's side" made a flag, but you won't sell a T-shirt or coffee mug...

I suspect he has an entire closet of mugs and small t-shirts that no one bought the first time.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2012, 11:22 Killer Kane

So you'll accept money because your "great-great-great-great-Grandmother once removed on your father's side" made a flag, but you won't sell a T-shirt or coffee mug...

2. Re: out of the blue Jun 14, 2012, 10:43  Blue 

skyguy wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 10:36:
I am an ancestor of alleged flag creator Betsy Ross

Blue is so old...

Woops!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

1. Re: out of the blue Jun 14, 2012, 10:36 skyguy

I am an ancestor of alleged flag creator Betsy Ross

Blue is so old...