Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

It Came from E3 2012, Part 13

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 14, 2012, 09:54 Parallax Abstraction

Verno wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 09:29:
Not a big fan of GiantBomb either though, they are often too far on the other side of the industry apologism scale for my liking. Jeff especially used to shit all over PC gaming regularly when I listened so I eventually just unsubbed and stopped going to the website. They are pretty shitty at playing games too which made me question a lot of the reviews. I'm not saying every reviewer has to be a pro but I remember watching quite a few vids where Jeff or Ryan would just arbitrarily declare things about a game due to mistakes they were making or tutorials they ignored.

Well, trying to play a game while also providing simultaneous commentary on it is a lot harder than you may think. They've also made a point of saying that their Quick Look videos are not reviews and I've often found their reviews about games they were down on in videos to be much more positive once they've had a chance to play them by themselves. I kind of remember what you're saying about Jeff and PC gaming but he's definitely come around on that. They do a lot of PC focused segments now and pretty much the entire crew there has their PCs hooked up to their TVs now. Patrick's a raving Apple fanboy which is frustrating but he tends to keep that to his Twitter feed. But to each his own of course.

The way they approached this E3 I like because they said "There were problems that are representative of bigger industry issues" that they spent time on but they also took a point I put in my blog recently along the lines of "Anyone whining there was nothing good or original at this year's show didn't look hard enough." Compared to Tim Rogers though, moss on a rock has an opinion I'd rather listen to though.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 14, 2012, 09:29 Verno

Kotaku has always been shitty, I don't even give them click traffic anymore as it just fuels the cycle.

Not a big fan of GiantBomb either though, they are often too far on the other side of the industry apologism scale for my liking. Jeff especially used to shit all over PC gaming regularly when I listened so I eventually just unsubbed and stopped going to the website. They are pretty shitty at playing games too which made me question a lot of the reviews. I'm not saying every reviewer has to be a pro but I remember watching quite a few vids where Jeff or Ryan would just arbitrarily declare things about a game due to mistakes they were making or tutorials they ignored.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

10. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 14, 2012, 09:02 Parallax Abstraction

Never thought I'd agree with CJ_Parker but he's pretty much got the gist of it. Though I do feel the sentiment this year was more negative in the media than before and with no real good reason. I'm listening to this week's Giant Bombcast and it's nice to hear some straight talk from them. They had their legitimate criticisms but their impressions generally were "there was a lot of awesome stuff, stop whining guys." But Kotaku will do whatever to drive clicks, including letting that hack Tim Rogers spew his pretentious text walls. Who the fuck is this guy to apologize for E3? It's not his show. Shut up Tim, you don't matter.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2012, 09:09.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

9. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 14, 2012, 09:00 killer_roach

CommunistHamster wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 08:20:
There isn't a single gawker media site worth reading.

This. A thousand times this.

It takes a lot to make The Huffington Post look distinguished and professional in comparison, and Gawker manages to do it.

8. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 14, 2012, 08:20 CommunistHamster

There isn't a single gawker media site worth reading.  

7. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 14, 2012, 08:13 Prez

When is Kotaku going to apologize for Kotaku?

They definitely need to. or better, yet, just go away and never write anything again. They aren't only an embarrassment to gaming, they are detrimental to the cause of changing public perception that games are still for kids. Anything that can be done in movies and books should be equally fair game in games; instead, idiots like the Kotaku crowd cry like bitches about it and continually undermine gaming's chance at becoming respected as a mature medium.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 14, 2012, 04:40 Cutter

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:00:
Allow Me To Apologize For E3 2012 - Kotaku.

Jesus, is anyone who writes for Kotaku NOT a crybaby whiny bitch?

When is Kotaku going to apologize for Kotaku?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 13, 2012, 23:13 Bet

avianflu wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 22:31:
that kotaku article should have never been posted. Is the author 12 years old?
That's the median age of their writers.

4. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 13, 2012, 22:31 avianflu

that kotaku article should have never been posted. Is the author 12 years old?  

3. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 13, 2012, 21:47 Fantaz

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:00:

I'm sad I had to read all 6000 words of that article...

Sony’s E3 2012: Analysis shows Last of Us “shotgun blast” won big, Wonderbook lost.

As if the fucked up community over at Neogaf is a good metric to use...

2. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 13, 2012, 21:44 CJ_Parker

Same retarded dumbass procedure as every fucking year... "ooh this E3 sucked so much, it was like the most boring and the worst evah".
You know what? They could show fucking Duke 5, Half-Life 3, Doom 4, X-Wing vs TIE 2, Unreal 3, Ultima X, Thief 4, The Elder Scrolls VI, Fallout 4, Might & Magic X, Wizardry IX, Jedi Knight Dark Forces 3, The Witcher 3 and Vampire: The Clown Brigade all at the same fucking E3 in the same fucking year and fuckers from the fucked up media would still be fucking complaining about some fucking non-issue or another. Phuck and ignore dat! Seriously. Word.

1. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 13 Jun 13, 2012, 21:00 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo