Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gratuitous Tank Battles Demo

The Gratuitous Tank Battles Website now offers a playable demo for this RTS/tower defense hybrid follow-up to Gratuitous Space Battles. There are no details on what this sample of the game includes, so here's a reminder of what the game itself involves:

Gratuitous Tank Battles is the spiritual successor to indie hit 'Gratuitous Space Battles', the 'hands-off' battle simulation set in a universe at perpetual war. GTB is set in an alternate earth history where World War I never ends, and Axis fights Allies across Europe in the year 2114 complete with a mix of Tanks, Infantry and futuristic mechs.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Demo Jun 13, 2012, 21:14 Dev

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 19:57:
I know Cliffsky is part of a tiny indie studio, but I think it's time to step up his game and start making his games a little more complex. Tower defense is really starting to feel tired and overdone now. I'll give this a fair shot as I do with all indies though. It may surprise me.
What with his talk about wanting to break through the $10 indie "barrier" I actually expected his next game to be more ambitious.

Anyway, from what I've seen of videos he's added stuff to this game, he's got a good tower defense game, and I want it, but not at $20.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Demo Jun 13, 2012, 20:49 SpectralMeat

I've played the demo and I am liking it. One problem I've had with the demo however is it freezes if I try to exit or click on buy. I've had to Alt+Ctrl+Del out of it and then close unresponsive application.
The problem with that is the demo does not save my progress/unlocks.

Does anyone else have this problem?
I am running W7-64

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Demo Jun 13, 2012, 19:57 Prez

I know Cliffsky is part of a tiny indie studio, but I think it's time to step up his game and start making his games a little more complex. Tower defense is really starting to feel tired and overdone now. I'll give this a fair shot as I do with all indies though. It may surprise me.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

2. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Demo Jun 13, 2012, 15:15 Rhett

Runs a lot better than I expected. I don't know if I could comprehend the game enough to seriously enjoy it though.  

1. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Demo Jun 13, 2012, 14:23 Dev

As soon as this hits a decent steam sale, I'll pick it up. It looks like a fun tower defense game with lots of features. I like that it offers being able to play either side.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo