Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Endless Space Beta

A beta version of the Windows edition of Endless Space is now available on Steam as a bonus to those who pre-purchase the 4X space strategy game. Pre-purchases come at a 10% discount, and the game's full release is expected in July. Here are a few features of the beta:

• 8 playable factions: The previous 5 plus the new Amoeba, Sowers and Pilgrims factions
  • Multiplayer enabled! You’ll be able to play against 7 other players online
  • English and French language versions (German should be available later this week)

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 13:32 Slashman

Yeah...combatwise I don't think there is enough depth to keep me interested. 'Cards' don't do it for me. Not sure why they would go with that.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 12:50 Whiskers

I have not tried this yet, but the videos I have seen of combat turned me off a bit. I like to be more involved in the actual strategy of how I use my ships, like in Sword of the Stars 2 and SoSE  

6. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 12:43 Dmitri_M

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 12:23:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 12:06:
It's good but a tad thin. It reminds me of Sins of a Solar Empire in that respect. Quick to pick up and play but not a great deal beneath the surface. SOSE being a Homeworld-like 4x lite, Endless Space a Galciv-like 4x lite.

It is very polished and I'm sure I'll get my money's worth though.

Agreed on the Galciv part but I wouldn't compare SoSE to Homeworld. Those are two vastly separate games in terms of style, gameplay and purpose. The only thing they really have in common is the theme of space.
I was speaking broadly. The visual style of the battles in SOSE, controlling individual ships reminding me of a simplified Homeworld combat gameplay. Compared to Endless space which has a simple card system for battles and more of a focus on star system exploration..which feels like a simplified Galciv.

5. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 12:23 Burrito of Peace

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 12:06:
It's good but a tad thin. It reminds me of Sins of a Solar Empire in that respect. Quick to pick up and play but not a great deal beneath the surface. SOSE being a Homeworld-like 4x lite, Endless Space a Galciv-like 4x lite.

Agreed on the Galciv part but I wouldn't compare SoSE to Homeworld. Those are two vastly separate games in terms of style, gameplay and purpose. The only thing they really have in common is the theme of space.

4. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 12:06 Dmitri_M

3. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 11:54 Zptr

I hear nothing but good things about this, especially with regard to the multiplayer.  

http://blog.playscifi.com

2. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 11:46 ASeven

This game will probably become the best 4x Space themed game if the beta keeps evolving at the pace it's been.

Even in beta this game is way more polished than most games coming out now of any genre.

1. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 11:37 Theo

confused. been in the beta for weeks and weeks.... game is really good.  

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo