Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend

This Battlelog Post announces this will be a double-XP weekend for Battlefield 3 (thanks BF3Blog). Here's word on how you can work smarter, not harder in the military shooter sequel:

Here’s a great chance to rank up faster and have great fun while doing it. This weekend, we are running a new double XP event for everyone! On June 16-17, your sum total for every round will be effectively doubled, visible at the End of Round screen. This applies to any map and any mode, as long as you play on a ranked server.

You can see the full details of this event below. Basically, play Saturday and Sunday to rank up faster! And if you’re a Battlefield 3 Premium member, you already have access to the Close Quarters expansion pack and get double XP on those maps as well.

What: Double XP event to celebrate the launch of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
When: 00:01 AM PDT June 16th – 11:59 PM PDT June 17th
Formats: All
Criteria: All players, both Premium and non-Premium members
Servers: Any ranked server
Game modes: Any
Maps: Any (including base game, Back to Karkand, and Close Quarters)
What: Double everything!

Wait! What time does the event start where I live?
Consult this handy chart!
Los Angeles: 00:01 June 16
London: 8:01 AM June 16
Stockholm: 9:01 AM June 16
Tokyo: 4:01 PM June 16

Not Premium yet? More info about Battlefield 3 Premium can be found here

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 20:48 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 10:48:
Played a few quick rounds of Gun Master in BF3(basically GunGame from CS) before work. It gets boring very quickly because there is no randomization, I think they missed the point of GG.

To be fair a random weapon cycle is just one mode/setting of GG, it's a common mode but not more common than custom (but static) rotations or Reverse. CS:GO's GG modes do not randomize the cycle but I'm sure the setting is there for anyone running a custom server.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 18:28 4D-Boxing

The Windforce line of video cards is can be good but you need a case with very good air flow. The way the cooler is designed in a way that makes the heat flow into the case instead of out the back of your case.

If you go for SLI, you must make sure you have plenty of room between the cards the cards will overheat in no time. Trust me, I made that mistake with a pair of 580 (3GB) Windforce and had to change motherboards to get enough room between the cards.

Despite that and a modified Cosmos S case ( 2X high CFM 120mm fans blowing onto the cards) plus 3 top exaust fans etc.. I cant OC the 580 above 800Mhz. Technically these cards should hit at least 850Mhz.

That being said, these babies dont make much noise and do run very very cool in the right case!

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 13:54 Verno

Yeah, like I said below it's ok but just a quick distraction in its current form. Its GunGame from Counter-Strike with no weapon randomization, it gets old very quickly as a result. I've played a shitload of GunGame already and the thing that keeps it interesting is the randomization, it really helps improve your skills with weapons you might not necessarily take all the time. Without that it doesn't keep me interested for very long.

I thought one of the CQ maps was ok but every level is basically begging for little birds. At least they are well designed with flanking routes and cross-vertical combat, they certainly beat the pants off Metro. They are fast paced deathmatch style maps a cut above the usual CoD dreck.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 13:37 eunichron

Verno wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 09:12:
I don't like Close Quarters at all but thankfully I can just ignore it until the other DLCs come out.

I'm not too hot on the claustrophobic maps, but did you try the Gun Master mode? Played a few rounds of that and it was pretty fun.

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 10:48 Verno

Played a few quick rounds of Gun Master in BF3(basically GunGame from CS) before work. It gets boring very quickly because there is no randomization, I think they missed the point of GG.  

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 10:11 Kajetan

Jackplug wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 09:27:
Give community the map editor and you will see dozens of maps in that same period!
A map editor? So that people can make free stuff? Are you crazy?

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 09:27 Jackplug

double xp oh wow, sorry who gives a shit Sleeping

Havent played BF3 for oh 3 months, no map editor and waiting 6 months for 4 maps is pathetic. Give community the map editor and you will see dozens of maps in that same period!

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 09:12 Verno

Gigabytes had all sorts of Q/A problems with their videocards and motherboards over the past few years. Yours is peachy wonderful and all that I'm sure but that's not been the case for many people.

Thanks for the Slickdeals link, with the exchange it worked out to about $25 last night for all 4 DLCs which is less than the price I paid for the previous BF stuff. I don't like Close Quarters at all but thankfully I can just ignore it until the other DLCs come out.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2012, 09:19.

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 08:21 theyarecomingforyou

pagb wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 05:44:
Avoid Gigabyte's "Windforce" line as the pest!
I've got a GTX680 Windforce 3X and haven't had any problems; it's cooler and quieter than the stock fan (my other card is just a reference model). I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Windforce line is any more prone to faults than any other brand.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 05:44 pagb

RailWizard wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 22:59:
Yeah great timing on all these xp weekends...
I was looking forward to get my video card back to have some BF3, and then this... Yeah, great timing

Avoid Gigabyte's "Windforce" line as the pest!

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 01:55 jacobvandy

Dev wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 21:33:
BTW, if anyone wants premium for around $30ish, I came across this:
http://slickdeals.net/f/4730556-Battlefield-3-Premium-PC-for-30-USD
Basically it involves using a proxy and buying it on EA's store.

I don't have BF3, and I don't care about premium, but in case some do I figured I'd post the link.

That is awesome, thanks!

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 01:09 Crustacean Soup

eunichron wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 21:42:
Prez wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 21:38:
What is "premium"? Is that like what Activision is doing with Call of Duty Elite or whatever it is?

Essentially it's $50 for all of the DLC (Karkand and Close Quarters, and the 3 as yet unreleased). There's also some cosmetic bonuses in game like weapon skins and a new knife model and dog tags, nothing that gives you an inherent advantage.

The biggest thing is getting the DLC, which would save you (I think) $25 over buying them all separately.

Which makes it practically an expansion pack. An expansion pack that you're paying for in-advance, but still an expansion pack. There's some outrage about it and I don't quite completely understand why.

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 12, 2012, 22:59 RailWizard

Yeah great timing on all these xp weekends...  

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 12, 2012, 22:16 Panickd

People playing on the PC are still playing BF3? Wow!  

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 12, 2012, 22:00 Dev

What is "premium"? Is that like what Activision is doing with Call of Duty Elite or whatever it is?
The blues post contains most of the details:
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/132725/battlefield-3-premium-launches-dlc-plans

A couple standouts:
Reset stats (quite useful for hackers)
Unique double xp events (pay 2 win)
Priority queues when joining servers
2 week early access for DLC
exclusive weapon

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 12, 2012, 21:42 eunichron

Essentially it's $50 for all of the DLC (Karkand and Close Quarters, and the 3 as yet unreleased). There's also some cosmetic bonuses in game like weapon skins and a new knife model and dog tags, nothing that gives you an inherent advantage.

The biggest thing is getting the DLC, which would save you (I think) $25 over buying them all separately.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 12, 2012, 21:38 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 12, 2012, 21:33 Dev

BTW, if anyone wants premium for around $30ish, I came across this:
http://slickdeals.net/f/4730556-Battlefield-3-Premium-PC-for-30-USD
Basically it involves using a proxy and buying it on EA's store.

I don't have BF3, and I don't care about premium, but in case some do I figured I'd post the link.

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 12, 2012, 21:21 RaZ0r!

Oh this is that one game that is not on Steam.  

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 12, 2012, 21:19 deqer

haha. so stupid.  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo