Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37

Battle.net announces a new patch is now live for Diablo III, updating the action/RPG sequel to version 1.02c, which will hopefully eliminate the "Error 37" that has confounded so many users attempting to log into the game. Manual versions of the patch can be found on The Patches Scrolls, and here are the patch notes:

General

• If the authentication service is busy, the login checkbox will now wait at "Authenticating Credentials" until a player's login attempt can be processed. As a result, players should no longer encounter Error 37 when logging in.
  • Achievements have been granted to players who previously completed their objectives, but were not correctly awarded completion credit.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed several crashes which occurred when clicking on player-generated item links in the game client

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 13, 2012, 11:48 Creston

Awww, I guess that makes this awesome video no longer as funny.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 22:19 Dev

Bard wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 20:15:
So instead of error 37, we get something a little more time wasting, as instead of getting the error and coming back at a later date when things might be working, we're going to be sitting there waiting for a timeout?

I was against 'always on DRM' before D3 because of past experience, and now I am absolutely convinced about how crap it is. If blizzard can't do it - no one can.
The waiting for a timeout is intentional I'm sure, to reduce the load on the servers.
Protip to blizzard: Get a few more login servers.

9. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 20:15 Bard

So instead of error 37, we get something a little more time wasting, as instead of getting the error and coming back at a later date when things might be working, we're going to be sitting there waiting for a timeout?

I was against 'always on DRM' before D3 because of past experience, and now I am absolutely convinced about how crap it is. If blizzard can't do it - no one can.

8. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 19:47 Saboth

Bob Slydell: Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here.
Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.
Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.
Bill Lumbergh: Great.
Dom Portwood: So, uh, Milton has been let go?
Bob Slydell: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.
Bob Porter: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

7. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 19:23 killer_roach

I can fix Error 37 too, Blizzard...

...just give it a new error code, which sounds more or less like what's going on here.

6. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 17:45 Asmo

So it's not really fixing the issue, it's just removing the message and leaving the person in the queue?

I suppose that's technically an improvement over getting kicked out and having to re-logon every time...

5. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 17:13 deqer

"37?!!? What are the other 36?!?"

"I can't play the fuckin' gang!"

4. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 16:50 Wowbagger_TIP

If the authentication service is busy, the login checkbox will now wait at "Authenticating Credentials" until a player's login attempt can be processed. As a result, players should no longer encounter Error 37 when logging in.

And then, since the servers are still busy, you'll wait 5 minutes and then get Error 38

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 16:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

How lame, I thought Francis was going to be that character from Stripes... I'm old.

2. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 16:20 ASeven

Speaking of Francis....  

1. Re: Diablo III Patch Kills Error 37 Jun 12, 2012, 16:04 Wallshadows

Error 37!

I have to say that the character 'Francis' pretty much sums up the forum rage on the best of days.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo