Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items

This forum post on the Chinese Diablo III website indicates that Blizzard's action/RPG is offline in Asia as they deal with duplicate items. They say (translated) "less than 0.01% of the items have been copied," though according to Blend Games, "the Asian virtual marketplace in Diablo III has become ostensibly flooded with duplicate items and hyper-inflation." Here is Google Translate's rough machine interpretation of Blizzard's Chinese statement:

First of all, we are deeply grateful to you for your patience waiting for the development team during this maintenance time in order to restore the service as a whole.

On June 10, our development team has found some error on the stored items in the database, these errors represent a very small part of the items can not be normal trading or selling. This error caused all less than 0.01% of the items have been copied, the majority of players and is not affected by this problem, but the database before removing these duplicated items, is unable to maintain stable. Therefore, we carried out the maintenance of the server, and perform the necessary operations to fix this problem. The development team is currently working to make the server able to resume service as soon as possible.

All original items and their reproductions will be removed from the database, follow-up, we will tell the exact time of maintenance completed, but currently estimated Server recovery services some time in the afternoon of June 11, 8 pm (Taiwan time).

We have also noted that part of the players during a short period of the game after the break and suffered back problems. This issue follow-up will be further instructions.Note: to restore service postponed to 20:00

View
66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

66. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 18:15 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 14:50:
Listed an amulet for $60, come on internet, buy my silly stuff.

The default price is vendor price/100 which is scary btw.

Wow people are just mindlessly buying shit right now, this is stupid. My buddy sold a middling Justice Lantern roll for $50, gonna list these Stormshields I've been hanging onto and see what happens. I can't seem to sell gold though, it keeps giving me errors. Wonder if commodities are just down or something.

PVP is just going to be stupid in this game, its going to be Bank Account vs Bank Account.

Edit: thanks for paying for my copy of Diablo 3 internet

Crap! Gotta get home and list some junk to sell!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

65. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 15:12 Verno

The RMAH has separate slots from the gold AH for anyone wondering BTW.

Great. Blizz figured out how to incorporate P2W into a non F2P game. That's innovation!

Well I hope they restrict characters to specific vanilla gear sets in the Arena but that's probably a pipe dream. I won't even bother with the PVP in this if they allow AH items into the equation, it'll just be utter nonsense.

Right now I'm just trying to liquidate all of my crap, I can just get new stuff in 1.0.3. Might as well do it while the prices are so high and people are being stupid about buying stuff.

Edit: This shit is like the wild west right now, my buddy couldn't sell his old weapon to save his life for 1mil but just managed to sell it for $35 on the RMAH. The cost of $1m is less than $7 right now so that tells you how stupid people are being.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2012, 15:43.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

64. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 15:11 Wowbagger_TIP

Wow people are just mindlessly buying shit right now, this is stupid. My buddy sold a middling Justice Lantern roll for $50, gonna list these Stormshields I've been hanging onto and see what happens. I can't seem to sell gold though, it keeps giving me errors. Wonder if commodities are just down or something.

Wtf People are just retarded.

PVP is just going to be stupid in this game, its going to be Bank Account vs Bank Account.

Great. Blizz figured out how to incorporate P2W into a non F2P game. That's innovation!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

63. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 14:50 Verno

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2012, 15:07.

62. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 14:43 eunichron

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 13:40:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 11:22:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 10:35:
Turglar wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 08:51:
Yeah they sure are fucking us left and right trying to make a few bucks on modest fees on their optional RMAH in their non subscription based game with no microtransactions.
I've never heard a 30% fee described as modest before. Guess that's just how things are in the mind of a fanboi. I won't even call the fee the part that is fucking players, it's the horrible economy (due to bots and exploits), lousy loot drops, and lack of balance testing that is doing that.

Not that I care, as even if you are in the AH you are getting free money for things you found in a virtual world - but isn't it 15%?
From what I've read, there is a 15% transaction fee, and an additional 15% fee when you transfer funds from the RMAH to your own account (paypal or whatever). So, effectively a ~30% fee.

I can't imagine they're using it as a nickel and dime device when they're making it as unappealing as possible to use the RMAH.

61. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 14:01 Verno

There's also a $1.00 flat fee per item, I assume to encourage keeping the AH full of higher priced stuff.  

60. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 13:40 Wowbagger_TIP

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 11:22:
Yeah they sure are fucking us left and right trying to make a few bucks on modest fees on their optional RMAH in their non subscription based game with no microtransactions.
I've never heard a 30% fee described as modest before. Guess that's just how things are in the mind of a fanboi. I won't even call the fee the part that is fucking players, it's the horrible economy (due to bots and exploits), lousy loot drops, and lack of balance testing that is doing that.

Not that I care, as even if you are in the AH you are getting free money for things you found in a virtual world - but isn't it 15%?
From what I've read, there is a 15% transaction fee, and an additional 15% fee when you transfer funds from the RMAH to your own account (paypal or whatever). So, effectively a ~30% fee.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

59. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 11:51 Alpaca San

Kosumo wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 23:30:
Well to me, the proof will be in what they do, not what has happened.

If the fact that it is all ways on DRM/Single-player means that they have good data recording and can tell what is a dupe item and what is a ilget (true) item due to them generating all real items server side and they can manage what as happened, then anit that better than un-controlled item duping?

I just wish to ask those who are against the all ways on DRM, what would they have done to help keep the intergrty (lack of cheating) in an AAA (i hate that term) title that was design to be played online in co-op?

Cheating wreck a lot of online gaming and I'm happy that people are making an effort to combat it.

There will always be cheating thought.

Anyone got any answers to cheating other than always on?

Why do you care about cheating? It is a single player game, so don't cheat. Since you obviously disagree and think it is a coop game, find 3 of your buddies who don't cheat and play with them and don't cheat.

Even if cheating is a problem, how is having the game laggy, frequently offline (for hours or a day at a time), hackable, unbackupable any better. Seems like the "cure" is much worse than the "problem" it is supposedly trying to fix. Anyway, you've bought into their lie, online mode is not to prevent cheating, duping, etc. That is a thinly veiled lie and I'm not sure why you believe it. D3 is online to prevent pirating.

I have no intention to play it once I finish Nightmare, it is getting tedious and no longer fun. While playing I found very little equipment that is cool or fun, and in a "gear based game" this is a problem. Never a legendary or set item. Playing through the game 3 times solo and with friends only one of us has ever seen a legendary and it was a level 12 item with +STR and none of us were barbarians.

It was not an awful game, but between the 3 nights I was completely unable to play, the numerous nights the servers went down and the complete lack of finding any good items. (Well, I found a few cool items if I was a barbarian, but I wasn't and sold them for 100K on the AH.) The game could have been much better, they focused too much on making people happy who want to play the same game over and over and over and over and over for 300 hours... and too little time making most of their users who want to play through a couple times happy. Here are three games that were better (more fun) than D3: Torch Light, Dungeon Siege, and D2.

Diablo 3 could be made more fun for casual gamers in 4 easy steps:

1. Offer offline play. (To those who think the current grindfest/game is fine as it is: your life is unchanged see 6.)

2. Modify drop code so it favors dropping items useful for the class you are currently playing. Or at least have items have synergy with themself so you get stats that match other stats and the type of equipment. A Warrior only Belt with +150 Intelligence is not helpful for anyone? My group has a game we play to see who can find the most worthless item.

3. Increase the drop rate so you can actually find items to allow you to play through the game without the AH. Normal was probably too easy, I would make it much harder, but drop better loot. Nightmare is getting too hard... again I would make it harder but drop MUCH better loot. Make Hell crazy difficult but also drop equipment like you see on the AH. I have no interest in inferno... but it seems like it is broken if you are needing to reload to earlier points to replay in order to advance.

4. Bonus: Allow LAN play... or "Unsecure" online hosting for multiplayer between normal people who don't care about AH and dupes and cheating. Give us the option to ban folks from our game. You know: Just like D2 not on the ladder.

(5. Offer the current buggy, laggy, unavailable, AH version for anyone who actually wants to waste real $$ or time farming crap for 100's of hours between legendaries as a 2nd option... like the Ladder and Hardcore were offered as choices in D2. Don't allow crossover between "Offline" and "Ladder". The already don't allow crossover between "Normal" and "Hardcore" so this shouldn't be much of a problem.)

Result:

When you take the day off or go to play at night, the game will be there if you computer is working. And it will be fun since you will find cool loot without needing to go online to buy it to survive.

58. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 11:22 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

57. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 11:11 Optional nickname

we need a startup game company that will kick PC gamers in the face again, to force us to play : ALWAYS OFFLINE.

no multiplayer, no friends list, no..

hey wait, this sounds like games I'd love to play!

I have just finished Normal difficulty, with the DH, (I play extremely casually, with days off inbetween, and like Torchlight, D3 has no replayability factor, for me, this spells doom.

56. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 10:48 Undocumented Alien

First of all, we are deeply grateful to you for your patience waiting for the development team during this maintenance time in order to restore the service as a whole.

Maintenance, yet another reason why the game should have been sold with a completely stand-alone offline module (like D1/2). Having my own little D1/2 universe, on my own machine, keeps me isolated from all the hackers, dupers, and cheaters from the online version (NOT the other way around). Funny stuff that you can't play a SP (with coop components) game because the ActiBlizz servers are down to fix... duping issues... lol....

Blizzard is dead, long live ActiBlizz. Diab-WoW.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2012, 11:10.

55. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 10:38 avianflu

Did someone in the thread actually suggest that Blizzard has the right to make a modest profit with the auction house? Yea modest -- for digital goods and then times the millions of digital items sold. Yea that's nothing but modest all over it.

Blizzard demands another cash cow and it shall have it!

54. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 10:36 xXBatmanXx

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 02:41
[quote="Jerykk"Jun 12, 2012, 00:51:

I've never really understood the point of having an auction house in a game that's entirely driven by loot. Really, the only reason people play it is to get loot. If you're just going to buy loot from the auction house, why bother playing at all?

Pretty much sums it up right there.
Yea, I bought 2 things, dumped em pretty quick for better gear. My players are pretty vanilla, sans getting stuff from friends, which was what D2 was all about.

53. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 10:35 Wowbagger_TIP

52. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 10:24 Verno

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 10:07:
I'm in the same boat as you; played my Barbarian to inferno Act-II, then started a wizard who is almost to Inferno Act-I, and then I'll go for a witch doctor.

You're not in the minority. You have to remember that this is bluesnews - where gamers come to cry.

Nothing wrong with this site, the same sentiments are posted on reddit, SA, RPS, PA, IGN and etc. Some people don't like rolling alts and bouncing through difficulties that don't present any challenge. I think if Nightmare and Hell presented more than incremental difficulty increases then I'd be happy making alts while waiting for them to fix up Inferno and overall skill balance. Unfortunately Inferno is poorly tuned so many people can't really progress as the drops they need don't drop in the content they can do. 1.0.3 is supposed to fix that at some point.

51. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 10:07 Fibrocyte

Armengar wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 09:21:
Oh well, I must be in a minority. I paid about 30 for D3 ($45 ish?) played a barbarian to inferno act1, a demon hunter to nightmare and currently running a witch doctor in normal.

Having good fun. I use the AH for the odd thing (hell made me buy more) but I always cap at 10k and buy thriftily. Not had any real issues TBH and even if I quit tomorrow then i'v had my monies worth.

Maybe some people dont like D3 or have issues, i'm one of the few who enjoy it. I wont be using the RMAH and dont care about uber kit.

I'm in the same boat as you; played my Barbarian to inferno Act-II, then started a wizard who is almost to Inferno Act-I, and then I'll go for a witch doctor.

You're not in the minority. You have to remember that this is bluesnews - where gamers come to cry.

50. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 09:48 NewMaxx

Sepharo wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 00:34:
Going with the RMAH isn't something Blizzard is doing to cut down on cheating (it actually makes it more attractive) it just wanted a piece of that pie. I also don't see why third party markets won't pop up anyway, especially with Blizzard taking 30% or whatever that is.

You touch of the economics of it. I think the RMAH is a solid way for them to manage server and maintenance fees over time. It's likely that, proportionately, the two will work out pretty well with regard to player volume at any given time. Competition is at a disadvantage when it comes to convenience, with a possible but small advantage with cost, so the real middle ground will be illicitly-gained goods and markets. In this way, Blizzard can equate cheating directly to lost revenue, further supporting their always-on mantra while also selling security. I'd say I was being cynical except, keeping in mind I don't play and never will, when I heard about their weak password system and intrusion denials I facepalmed. So, no the RMAH isn't to cut down on cheating, but it does give them further impetus to monetize the art of doing so.

49. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 09:21 Armengar

Oh well, I must be in a minority. I paid about 30 for D3 ($45 ish?) played a barbarian to inferno act1, a demon hunter to nightmare and currently running a witch doctor in normal.

Having good fun. I use the AH for the odd thing (hell made me buy more) but I always cap at 10k and buy thriftily. Not had any real issues TBH and even if I quit tomorrow then i'v had my monies worth.

Maybe some people dont like D3 or have issues, i'm one of the few who enjoy it. I wont be using the RMAH and dont care about uber kit.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

48. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 08:55 SuperBill

I fixed all my Diablo 3 hatred (issues/whatever) by created a complaint/suggestion ticket requesting a refund. Ticket was closed two days later and I got my $59.99 USD back. I implicitly stated in my request that aside from the downtime, Diablo 3 is/was/never will be a title worth the $59.99 price point. It's nothing but a simply made bargain binner right alongside the far superior Torchlight 1. Torchlight 2 will be worth more than Diablo 3. Blizzard has failed... epically. But I digress.... the problem is easily solved by requesting a refund (you have 30 days from the date of purchase to do so).  

47. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 08:51 Turglar

66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo