Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised

The European League of Legends Website apologizes to users over account compromises, saying: "we're sorry to share that hackers accessed some player account information." They say that: "The most critical data accessed included email address, encrypted account password, summoner name, date of birth, and for a small number of players first and last name and encrypted security question and answer. (Note: Security question and answer are no longer used in our account recovery process.) Absolutely no payment or billing information of any kind was included in the breach." Saying: "We take your privacy and security seriously, and we're working diligently to improve it for the better," they warn that players should change their passwords in spite of encryption, saying: "security investigation determined that more than half of the passwords were simple enough to be at risk of easy cracking." Thanks Eurogamer.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 12, 2012, 03:18 Mordecai Walfish

Sir Graves wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 23:48:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 20:04:
yeah but then again who gives a shit about a bunch of whiney little f-tards' account information anyway? not much payoff

Many would say the same about the majority of Blizzard games players. Same exact sentiments, my friend, just depends on which side of the fence you choose to sit on (and thus, think is the far cooler side). *yawn*

No offense, but I don't really care which side you're on or what you think is cool, personally.

Blizzard fans are just as bad if not worse. F2P is the main difference here. kids kids kids

I play dota 2 also.. that crowd is perhaps a bit more "aspergers-ish" than League of legends, and I look forward to Valve's solution to griefers when they finally open the game to the public.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2012, 03:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 12, 2012, 00:36 Smellfinger

RailWizard wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 15:01:
I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often with the 'caliber' of that community.

It's a shame that MOBAs attract the worst specimens of humanity. 'RTS - base building + non-stop combat' is a really fun formula.

6. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 11, 2012, 23:48 Sir Graves

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 20:04:
yeah but then again who gives a shit about a bunch of whiney little f-tards' account information anyway? not much payoff

Many would say the same about the majority of Blizzard games players. Same exact sentiments, my friend, just depends on which side of the fence you choose to sit on (and thus, think is the far cooler side). *yawn*

5. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 11, 2012, 23:42 Prez

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 16:52:
I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often with the 'caliber' of that community.

Imagine if this was a Blizzard story - would already have 200+ posts....just sayin....

Blizzard is not company they used to be; they deserve every ounce of hate and vitriol they get from the gaming community for just how badly they screwed up Diablo 3. By comparison, though it's got a decent following, relatively few people care about League of Legends.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

4. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 11, 2012, 20:04 Mordecai Walfish

They should have used an Antivirus!

Or probably League of Legends EU was using the same passwords for its hotmail account as it was the database LOL.

Blizzard knows thats the only way this stuff can happen!

lol

3. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 11, 2012, 17:29 Sir Graves

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 16:52:
Imagine if this was a Blizzard story - would already have 200+ posts....just sayin....

Eh (aside from the obvious fact that, duh, Blizzard owns the world so that's a given), it happened a couple of days ago at this point, so anyone who plays the game actively probably already knows all about it (old news is old) and discussed it in their official forums or any number of other gaming sites and blogs that carried the news yesterday or the night before. Additionally, it only affected accounts in "certain European regions", so it's not a game-wide thing. So yeah, meh.

2. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 11, 2012, 16:52 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: EU League of Legends Accounts Compromised Jun 11, 2012, 15:01 RailWizard

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo