Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Screenshots

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 18:29 Cutter

Wake me IF this ever gets done.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 17:54 StreetPreacher

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 14:06:
Err, I thought they looked pretty good? I'm more worried about them ever releasing it.
I'm not saying they look bad per se, just that they look very obviously like they are from a 7-year-old game. And I think that a lot of people might overlook or discount it for that reason. They've obviously done a ton of work on it and it's a shame that it's slipped this long and hasn't kept up with Source improvements better (more akin to L4D2 or Portal 2).

But I'll definitely play it if and when it ever comes out.

7. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 17:04 Yosemite Sam

After all that build up they show 8 screenshots, that's pretty pathetic... still looking forward to playing it, at some point.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

6. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 14:25 MajorD

I'm glad to see some indicators that this project is still alive. When I first caught wind of it, I was very excited to play it and followed its progress for a while, then eventually lost interest. I just hope they finish it w/o rushing it, which seems to be the case already, and it is actually released sometime soon.

5. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 14:06 Verno

StreetPreacher wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 13:24:
Wow, those screens are looking really dated now. It kinds reminds me of Daikatana, which took so long that by the time it came out it looked very last-gen.

Can you imagine HL re-done w/ modern tech (UE3/4, Cryengine 3, Frostbite 2)?

Err, I thought they looked pretty good? I'm more worried about them ever releasing it.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

4. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 13:42 Whiskers

I think it looks pretty good. Who cares if it's taken forever to make, I'm surprised and pleased that they are sticking with it. Most mods die after a month or two and even if it looks "dated" compared to Unreal 3, CryEngine 3 and Frostbite 2, it'll still be great to play Half Life 1 again with HL2 graphics and improvements. I can't wait.  

3. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 13:24 StreetPreacher

Wow, those screens are looking really dated now. It kinds reminds me of Daikatana, which took so long that by the time it came out it looked very last-gen.

Can you imagine HL re-done w/ modern tech (UE3/4, Cryengine 3, Frostbite 2)?

2. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 11:46 deadearth

TheDevilYouKnow wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 11:17:
Black Mesa:
By the time they finish it we will be playing Half Life 3.

at which point they can start work on porting HL2 to the HL3 engine

1. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2012, 11:17 TheDevilYouKnow

Black Mesa:
By the time they finish it we will be playing Half Life 3.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo