Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's accounting of the ten bestselling games on Steam for the past week:

1. Max Payne 3
  2. Arma 2
  3. Civilization V: Gods & Kings
  4. Saints Row: The Third
  5. Magicka Collection
  6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  7. Torchlight II
  8. Mount & Blade Collection
  9. Far Cry Complete
  10. Quantum Conundrum

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 11, 2012, 10:52 NicklePop

SR3 is amazing.

So many LOL moments; and genuine "ha, they did that!" moments.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 11, 2012, 08:59 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 21:49:
Prez wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 20:57:
Bought Saints Row 3 for 17 bucks and man did I have a blast! It was a brilliantly clever game through and through, even being a blatant ripoff of the GTA series. I especially like the missions where you and your hot alien chick co-star were filming a sci-fi movie. Brilliant!
Whoa what? Now I have to put that on my wishlist just for that mission alone!
Yea SR3 is full of awesome.

Surprised Binding of Isaac isn't up there, but since the game was 2.00, and the DLC is 2.99 - that makes sense. Anyone who doesn't have it needs to get on it!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 11, 2012, 04:54 Jerykk

finga wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 04:00:
Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 18:51:
Other than the "hit Enter to Start" thing, there's little evidence of this being a port.
Meh, the console versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a frigging AWESOME-looking intro that was lost on the PC version because the developers were scared of this goofy little complaint.

Sometimes I actually like having a title screen that's not loaded up with menu items, especially if it's more than just a static logo.

You mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w-hx6vGpw0

That's kinda cool, I guess. I'd only ever watch it once, though. After that, having to skip past it every time I load up the game would be annoying.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 11, 2012, 04:00 finga

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 18:51:
Other than the "hit Enter to Start" thing, there's little evidence of this being a port.
Meh, the console versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a frigging AWESOME-looking intro that was lost on the PC version because the developers were scared of this goofy little complaint.

Sometimes I actually like having a title screen that's not loaded up with menu items, especially if it's more than just a static logo.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 23:08 Jerykk

ASeven wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 19:38:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 19:37:
ASeven wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 19:21:

Source? Fallout 3, despite of everyone's opinion, was a hell of a great exploring game.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4 It's got all the skishy details at what is known right now. It's been in development for atleast 3 years now.

Cheers.

Ugh. Fallout 3 was a good game but New Vegas was so much better. It'll be hard to go back to Bethesda's terrible writing in FO4. If Obsidian ever goes out of business, Bethesda needs to hire Chris Avellone to handle all writing and quest design duties for their games.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 21:49 Dev

Prez wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 20:57:
Bought Saints Row 3 for 17 bucks and man did I have a blast! It was a brilliantly clever game through and through, even being a blatant ripoff of the GTA series. I especially like the missions where you and your hot alien chick co-star were filming a sci-fi movie. Brilliant!
Whoa what? Now I have to put that on my wishlist just for that mission alone!

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 21:13 MadBoris

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 18:52:
MadBoris wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 18:19:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 14:46:
I'm pretty sure I still see a Skyrim up there. Ahahaha...make a good game and they will come.

Absolutely! But Rare!

Too bad they are shifting their moral paradigm to an MMO and building monetizing systems, it was a great ride.

Bethesda is doing no such thing. They are working on Skyrim DLC and another team is working on Fallout IV. The MMO is being made by a completely different studio.

Creston

Thx for the clarification, Elder Scrolls Online is being developed by Zenimax Studios.

Would be nice if Fallout 4 will be a real next gen title, unlikely though. I'll support them on the Dawnguard DLC, if for no other reason than to not see them go MMO or F2P. It gives me another reason to support them more for the immense work and passion that went into Skyrim, with Steam Workshop it's going to have some life.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 20:57 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 19:38 ASeven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 19:37:

Source? Fallout 3, despite of everyone's opinion, was a hell of a great exploring game.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4 It's got all the skishy details at what is known right now. It's been in development for atleast 3 years now.

Cheers.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 19:37 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 19:21 ASeven

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 18:52:
They are working on Skyrim DLC and another team is working on Fallout IV.

17. removed Jun 10, 2012, 19:08 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 11, 2012, 08:05.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 18:52 Creston

MadBoris wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 18:19:
I'm pretty sure I still see a Skyrim up there. Ahahaha...make a good game and they will come.

Absolutely! But Rare!

Too bad they are shifting their moral paradigm to an MMO and building monetizing systems, it was a great ride.

Bethesda is doing no such thing. They are working on Skyrim DLC and another team is working on Fallout IV. The MMO is being made by a completely different studio.

Creston

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 18:51 Creston

VERY much enjoying Max Payne 3. The cutscenes get annoying (hopefully they'll patch in an option to just disable all of them), but the shooting is fantastic, and it's simply a DAMN hard game. On Normal I'm getting my ass kicked plenty of times.

Looks and runs fantastic on my rig too. Other than the "hit Enter to Start" thing, there's little evidence of this being a port.

Creston

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 18:19 MadBoris

Absolutely! But Rare!

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 17:18 Dev

Bhruic wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 16:34:
Dev wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 16:12:
Plus, aren't modders supposed to be too stupid to do the frostbyte 2 engine?

I know what you're going for with that, but in this case, the Day Z "modder" is actually an employee of BI. So it would be expected that he'd be able to deal with the engine.
Just to be clear, I wasn't applying that statement to Arma2 or any other specific game (and I know arma2 isn't frostbyte). More making fun of corporate statements involving game mods in general, and how they think that making a game open and moddable would lose them money, since they want to sell official map packs as DLC.

It really is impressive how long a non discounted game that is that old has stayed that high in the steam sale list. And all due to a free mod. I definitely plan to try it at some point, but I'm waiting for a sale.

12. Warlock Jun 10, 2012, 17:02 Krovven

Warlock is worth the $10. The Ai is decent, but I'm no strategy master and haven't explored the higher difficulties yet.

I've got 26 hours in the game, which is a completed single large game against max Ai on continents. I also put 6 hrs into the demo. I'm not a strategy gamer generally. But I'm familiar with the Civ games and the first couple Disciples games. Warlock is a mix of the two, and the familiar Civ5 interface had me hooked.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2012, 17:11.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 16:53 ASeven

Actually the DayZ team, yes team, not one modder, consists of many people doing the mod in their spare time. The BI employee is not the head of the modding team and is only doing it as a hobby in his spare time. So most of the team does have come to grasp with the ArmAII engine, which lends Dev phrase more strength and makes DICE look even more stupid.

Where there's a will there's a way and modders certainly don't lack will when it comes to modding stuff. See the Casus Belli mod for Crysis War that literally makes the Crytek2 engine do BF2, right down to supplying ammo and commanders.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 16:53 Mashiki Amiketo

Bucky wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 14:50:
Now the question is: do I pick up Warlock: Master of the Arcane now, or do I hold out and hope it goes on sale during the Steam summer sale?

Sure, Diablo 3 is consuming my life right now, but at some point I'm going to come up for air and want a different game to play.
I'm waiting for the summer sale, I've got enough games on the go. At worst I'll wait for thanksgiving/black friday.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2012, 16:37 RailWizard

Bhruic wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 16:34:
Dev wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 16:12:
Plus, aren't modders supposed to be too stupid to do the frostbyte 2 engine?

I know what you're going for with that, but in this case, the Day Z "modder" is actually an employee of BI. So it would be expected that he'd be able to deal with the engine.

It is odd how many are oblivious of this fact, but it is such an abnormality(company mods their own game wut?), I guess that explains it, sorta. heh

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo