Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 11, 2012, 08:48 RailWizard

Only problem with this is requires you to be logged in, and therefore, tracked. I hate being tracked.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 11, 2012, 05:28 Bet

jimnms wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 23:41:
I haven't been having speed problems, but I've noticed two annoying things started happening recently. When watching a YouTube video embedded on another site, if I go full screen it shows the HD icon on the status bar, but the video is certainly not playing in HD. The other is when watching videos longer than 10 minutes, it randomly stops somewhere in the middle and starts over from the beginning.
That HD thing happens to me even when I use the menu to choose 720 or 1080p manually. Sometimes it even downgrades the stream from 480 down to 360, instead of going up to HD. It's freaking bizarre. Gotta mess with with the quality menu a couple of more times to fix it, then I'm still suspicious like it might just have reverted to 480 for a second time... weird stuff.

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 10, 2012, 23:41 jimnms

I haven't been having speed problems, but I've noticed two annoying things started happening recently. When watching a YouTube video embedded on another site, if I go full screen it shows the HD icon on the status bar, but the video is certainly not playing in HD. The other is when watching videos longer than 10 minutes, it randomly stops somewhere in the middle and starts over from the beginning.  

MeanJim on Steam

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 10, 2012, 23:12 Fletch

Big difference. Thanks, Ant.

YT has been sucking the last few months and just getting worse for me. I wondered if they changed the way vids buffered by default. Seems they only load a few seconds ahead of the playing video instead of just loading the whole video as fast as it can load. If I pause a video to wait for it to load (worked in the past), it won't budge until I hit play again. I was constantly getting stops and starts to the point I just resigned myself to d/ling longer videos with Download Helper and watching them later. I have a pretty constant 23-25mbit connection, so I figured the problem wasn't at my end, but (?).

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo