Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 10, 2012, 18:08 Beamer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 12:58:
Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 10:59:
Actually they usually look better on the 360 because they led on the 360 and were ported to the PS3, and because the memory management on the 360 works better for most games, particularly one on UE3.
You're seriously saying that this looks better on the PS3?
To be honest I think they both look equally bad. Neither is anywhere close to the PC version. However, most of the image quality comparisons for games show the X360 to come out ahead. That may be because a lot of games choose the X360 to be their lead platform but the end result is the same - the X360 version usually looks and performs slightly better. Regardless, the image quality of current console games is simply terrible: low quality textures, poor framerates, sub-720p resolution and long loading times. They're also typically more expensive that their respective PC versions.

The X360 may still be commercially viable for another two years but PC gaming has long since surpassed it. Games like Alan Wake and Arkham City are light years better on PC.

I'm perfectly happy with "equally bad," because there's zero graphical difference between them. Anyone claiming one is better than the other is absolutely blinded by something other than actual performance.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 10, 2012, 12:42 Ozmodan

Another idiot who can't face reality. How come this industry boasts so many of them? A cheap PC these days makes the xbox look bad these days.  

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 17:41 MadBoris

A lot more than two years' left.

It has been decreed, we must maintain this cash flow!

Fans obey, because MS said so, and get comfortable with the idea of supporting the old console for years to come!

So some next gen games won't be next gen at all, they will still be made for the least common denominator 360 console, the 7 year trend continues.

That pretty much rules out the next console supporting xbox360 games.
Microsoft isn't that stupid, they will get some fans buying/playing/supporting both systems, like good obedient fans.

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 12:58 theyarecomingforyou

Actually they usually look better on the 360 because they led on the 360 and were ported to the PS3, and because the memory management on the 360 works better for most games, particularly one on UE3.
To be honest I think they both look equally bad. Neither is anywhere close to the PC version. However, most of the image quality comparisons for games show the X360 to come out ahead. That may be because a lot of games choose the X360 to be their lead platform but the end result is the same - the X360 version usually looks and performs slightly better. Regardless, the image quality of current console games is simply terrible: low quality textures, poor framerates, sub-720p resolution and long loading times. They're also typically more expensive that their respective PC versions.

The X360 may still be commercially viable for another two years but PC gaming has long since surpassed it. Games like Alan Wake and Arkham City are light years better on PC.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 11:49 Trevellian

Drezden wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 09:29:
The last 3 games I played on the 360 were Reach, before that Red Dead Revolver, and before that lol Halo 3 or Gears 2. Keep in mind, each of those are about a year apart each. So that's about 3 or 4 years of 1 game a year that was worth owning.

The system has been worthless for more than a couple years. I finally recently sold it because it's such a pathetic system.

It's only useful if you want to play Gears or Halo and that is about all they have left in terms of IP's. Meanwhile I've been steadily getting tons of amazing exclusives on my PS3 year after year. I also usually get any 3rd party games on the PS3, like Arkham City, or Dragon's Dogma because generally, they look better on the PS3 than Microsofts dated as shit hardware.

Yes, I do think the game looks better on PS3. I could care less about Lens of Truth, they have proven to be bias towards 360 for years now. They downplay the PS3's strengths whenever it beats out a 360 version of a game. Saints Row 3 was a huge example of this and they got caught on it. I have the same expectations of LoT as I do of IGN, paid for reviews by Microsoft and terrible reviews by Greg Miller who underscores every action game he reviews because he sucks at them. IGN has also been 360 bias for years. I no longer use either site.

And before you call me a Sony fanboy understand I held a Xbox Live Gold Membership from Halo 2-Reach. And am/was a huge Halo fanboy for the universe. I was a first shipment preorder holder for a 360.

It just so happens my feelings on the matter have changed over the course of Microsoft doing diddly squat with their system other than repeatedly release 2 IP's.

There are a few games that do look better on the 360 because the developers get lazy. L.A. Noir is a huge example of the PS3's superior power when someone actually ISN'T lazy.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2012, 12:04.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 11:11 Wallshadows

All they have to do is wait for Activision to release the next CoD game and it's coke parties for all!  

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 10:59 Beamer

Drezden wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 09:29:
The last 3 games I played on the 360 were Reach, before that Red Dead Revolver, and before that lol Halo 3 or Gears 2. Keep in mind, each of those are about a year apart each. So that's about 3 or 4 years of 1 game a year that was worth owning.

The system has been worthless for more than a couple years. I finally recently sold it because it's such a pathetic system.

It's only useful if you want to play Gears or Halo and that is about all they have left in terms of IP's. Meanwhile I've been steadily getting tons of amazing exclusives on my PS3 year after year. I also usually get any 3rd party games on the PS3, like Arkham City, or Dragon's Dogma because generally, they look better on the PS3 than Microsofts dated as shit hardware.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 09:29 Trevellian

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 08:54 StingingVelvet

Dev wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 23:31:
Probably because they are still hoping to sell them after the next gen console is out. Just like past console gen changeovers, where they continue to sell the old gen for a while.

I doubt its because they think it will be 2 years before next gen comes out.

Well, it has 1.5 years left before the next one comes out, and yes I am sure they expect at least a year or two after that of continued sales.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 06:05 Tim Collins

XBOX 360 was useless to me starting about 2 years ago.  

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 03:58 Bet

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 00:55:
Nice IL-2 Sturmovik avatar. Looks like the 3M with the twin 37mm cannons.
Exactly that. Ended up wingless over a harbor.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 00:55 Scottish Martial Arts

Nice IL-2 Sturmovik avatar. Looks like the 3M with the twin 37mm cannons.  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 8, 2012, 23:31 Dev

Probably because they are still hoping to sell them after the next gen console is out. Just like past console gen changeovers, where they continue to sell the old gen for a while.

I doubt its because they think it will be 2 years before next gen comes out.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 8, 2012, 22:31 Bet

nin wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 22:19:
Xbox 360 has 'a lot more than two years' left, MS boss says.

Good luck! I can't think of a thing in the last 6 months or coming year I need it for...

ForzaBox lol

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 8, 2012, 22:19 nin

Xbox 360 has 'a lot more than two years' left, MS boss says.

Good luck! I can't think of a thing in the last 6 months or coming year I need it for...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo