Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 9, 2012, 18:05 Ant

I didn't like its real data requirements like Facebook.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jun 8, 2012, 18:18 Prez

I don't know - maybe it's me, but the fact that most people are NOT on it makes me want to use Google + a bit more. Not that I ever will.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jun 8, 2012, 15:42 Stolk

Bodolza wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 12:30:
reisub wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 12:22:
How are circles better?

They're usable and intuitive. Circles don't feel tacked on like lists. It took me a long time to figure out how to even use lists. Google+ schema is based around your Circles. By default, you are just posting to the Circle.

I'm not worried about it going away. It's actually getting heavy usage in the professional areas.

What he said. If you use Google+ you know it's not going anywhere. The popularity with photographers alone is enough to justify its existence, but on top of that it makes a fantastic news stream once you've setup your Following circle.

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 8, 2012, 15:31 avianflu

Google+ definitely annoyed me with the way it changed Google Picasa picture albums. Not cool Google.  

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 8, 2012, 15:17 Panickd

nin wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 11:11:
Google + - Not a fuck was given.

And yet you gave enough of a fuck to post something about it.

I'm just saying...

8. Re: matthew@what.now? Jun 8, 2012, 14:20 jdreyer

J wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 13:16:
G+-
I see what you did there.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: matthew@what.now? Jun 8, 2012, 13:16 J

G+-  

6. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jun 8, 2012, 12:50 The Half Elf

Quboid wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 12:48:
G+ probably has a niche for professional areas, like LinkedIn is for business, MySpace was supposed to be for musicians and Twitter is for drooling idiots.

What he said...

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jun 8, 2012, 12:48 Quboid

G+ probably has a niche for professional areas, like LinkedIn is for business, MySpace was supposed to be for musicians and Twitter is for drooling idiots.  

- Quboid

4. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jun 8, 2012, 12:30 Bodolza

reisub wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 12:22:
How are circles better?

They're usable and intuitive. Circles don't feel tacked on like lists. It took me a long time to figure out how to even use lists. Google+ schema is based around your Circles. By default, you are just posting to the Circle.

I'm not worried about it going away. It's actually getting heavy usage in the professional areas.

3. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jun 8, 2012, 12:22 reisub

Sounds like Facebook's list feature to me. How are circles better?  

2. matthew@welchkin.net Jun 8, 2012, 12:15 Watter

I'm not sure I can defend the entirety of Google+, but the whole "circles" thing is fantastic and 100X better than what Facebook allows. I'm definitely not the social butterfly/narcissist that social networks cater to, however I love being able to have small groups of people who I can share certain things with as they pop into my head or into my life. If I find a game I like, I have no interest in sharing that with the world; what do they care what game I like. Nor do I care to have my parents or kids see it. But I do have a group of "gamer friends" who might be legitimately interested and the circles idea makes that easy. Same thing if I take a picture of my kids at some event. My parents and other relatives might have fun with that image, but I don't care to share that with my gamer friends and definitely not the public as a whole.

If Google+ really does bite the bullet, I'll miss it. Maybe I'll be the only one, though...

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 8, 2012, 11:11 nin

Google + - Not a fuck was given.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo