Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well another E3 has come to a close. Seemed fairly sedate this year, which seems understandable in light of some contraction in the industry and what clearly seem to be the waning days of the current console cycle. This probably means one of the next couple of installments in the trade show will be extra-insane after the next round of console hardware is announced, but the one predicable thing about E3 seems to be its unpredictability.

Predictable Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Psychout.
Ace Gangster.
Links: Brian Presley Hits On Model Melissa Stetten, She Live-Tweets It: Report.
Stories: Helicopter Cat On Display At Kunstrai Art Festival In Amsterdam. Thanks David.
Media: Sneezing Prank.
Your Eyes Are Stupid.
Train Ploughs Through Deep Canterbury Snow.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2012, 08:19 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 07:10:
Ant wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 18:06:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 20:58:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 20:00:
Psychout was pretty fun for a flash game.

Pretty awesome. That last room was a bitch tho.
Ditto. I had to watch YouTube video walkthrough for the ending, but there wasn't one! Was there an ending?

Yeah, you get to the next room and sit down with the princess, Mario-style. That's your reward. It's kind of cute, and the call back to Mario is a bit funny.
Ah thanks. Darn, no screen shots/videos of it.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2012, 07:10 jdreyer

Ant wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 18:06:

Ditto. I had to watch YouTube video walkthrough for the ending, but there wasn't one! Was there an ending?

Yeah, you get to the next room and sit down with the princess, Mario-style. That's your reward. It's kind of cute, and the call back to Mario is a bit funny.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2012, 18:06 Ant

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2012, 16:39 Ant

Riker wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 09:54:
I haven't kept my eye on E3 this year like I normally do, but the only game that seemed to catch my notice was Watch Dogs, and it didn't blow me away. That's depressing... what's going on, gaming??
You're getting old? Same here for me and the gaming scene. I don't game much. In fact, I was about a week behind with BN and didn't even know E3 was this week until a coworker mentioned it. Oops!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2012, 09:54 Riker

I haven't kept my eye on E3 this year like I normally do, but the only game that seemed to catch my notice was Watch Dogs, and it didn't blow me away. That's depressing... what's going on, gaming??  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 20:58 jdreyer

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 20:00 Silicon Avatar

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 18:34 The Half Elf

Ok I'm digging Guild Wars 2 (after hating the first one).

I wish I could try out the midget magical smurf types, but my Tony the Tiger crossbreeding with Wrex Charr character is alot of fun

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 18:29 space captain

nin wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 11:12:
You go, girl!

seriously?

Go forth, and kill!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 18:17 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 14:51:
Brian Presley Hits On Model Melissa Stetten, She Live-Tweets It: Report.

Laughed my ass off reading those yesterday. You go, girl!

That woman is not only beautiful, but also quite clever and snarky. I guess if you put yourself out there as a sober Christian, and then do some very un-sober un-Christian things, you get what you deserve.
Yeah, she's damn funny. Another nice pic from her, About page. Melissa Stetten. Yeah sure he's a sober christian.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 17:02 Capella

Acleacius wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 12:49:
I can't imagine an industry dumb enough to release a new line of consoles in the middle of the longest, catastrophic worldwide depression in history....but we are talking about the console industry here so....

Thanks for the tip, reisub.

Apparently not every company is suffering. My buddy got the job he interviewed for. Not only that but he is getting a $15k raise! I just knew he was bullshitting me but he showed me his offer letter. On top of that he will get a review in March and could get another 4% raise. Holy Toledo! I would call that a life changer!

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 15:26 Cutter

Anyone playing the GW2 beta this weekend can find my Mez on Tarnished Coast, name of Sandusk.  

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

12. E3 Jun 8, 2012, 14:58 jdreyer

I wonder if E3 makes sense anymore. Back in the day when you had basically 12 news cycles per year, in the form of monthly game mags, having a show that would guarantee one of them would be a massive issue dedicated to all the upcoming stuff made sense. But these days we basically have 365 news cycles, and the buzz from this show will last but a few days. I wonder if it's not better for game companies to space their announcements out to guarantee better coverage.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 14:51 jdreyer

Brian Presley Hits On Model Melissa Stetten, She Live-Tweets It: Report.

Laughed my ass off reading those yesterday. You go, girl!

That woman is not only beautiful, but also quite clever and snarky. I guess if you put yourself out there as a sober Christian, and then do some very un-sober un-Christian things, you get what you deserve.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 13:36 Verno

Smooth scrolling is really offputting and noticeable, its like the frame interpolation nonsense from 120hz sets in browser form.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 13:03 Agent.X7

Acleacius wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 12:49:
I can't imagine an industry dumb enough to release a new line of consoles in the middle of the longest, catastrophic worldwide depression in history....but we are talking about the console industry here so....

I think that's part of the reason Microsoft and Sony are holding off.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 13:00 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 11:07:
Watching pain dry was better than this year's E3. And in spite of a large and successful PC market the major players chose to do nothing but keep flogging console game for 7 year old systems instead of taking some chances and making some big bucks. Whatever! I do what I want!

And if anyone hasn't patched up their GW2 client yet you better get cracking as there's a 10+ gig patch!

Arg, thanks for reminding me Cutter. I totally forgot.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 12:49 Acleacius

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 11:54 reisub

PHJF wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 11:29:
wwoooaahhh page scrolling in firefox is all craazzzzyyy now. I feel like I'm under the sea!
They enabled smooth scrolling by default. I hate it. Turn it off in the advanced options.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2012, 11:42 nin

Follow up: Denial!

gawker.com/5916870/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo