Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details

There's a big old preview of Dawnguard on Kotaku detailing what to expect from this upcoming expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, saying it: "Sounds Like a Proper Old-School RPG Expansion." They came away from a conversation with Bethesda's Todd Howard with a load of information, all presented in easily digested bullets. Here are just a few points:

• The main quest has two different tracks, one for Vampire Lord and one for Dawnguard.
  • Dawnguard will offer 10-20 hours of gameplay, depending on how you play.
  • Even though the two story tracks are separate, they'll come together at various key points in the story. "Whatever the Macguffin is," Howard told me, "both sides come together around that point, and then it diverges afterwards.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 9, 2012, 16:39 Creston

It looks really cool to me. Shame it's taking so long to come out, though.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 9, 2012, 14:53 theyarecomingforyou

I'll be picking it up. However, I've like to see the next expansion - assuming there is one - focus on something a bit more fun. There's no need to make the game more epic and more tense when some of the best moments came from the humour or exploration. And what about some of the untapped lore? The Dwemer would be a great choice.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

19. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 9, 2012, 08:56 StingingVelvet

1AngryGamer wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 23:05:
10-20 hours

So one day...

wow great

Christ, STFU. That's longer than most full games and is for the campaign only. Ugh.

18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 23:27 netnerd85

10-20 hours

So one day...

wow great
Maybe people will finally get what big Beth is all about...

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 18:19 Klaus Flouride

It took me 100 hours and that was only because I wanted all of the achieve's in one playthrough. It was mindnumbing towards the end. It's like they re-skinned Fallout 3 and changed the story a bit, except the fact that the Fallout story was 10x better.  

When all else fails empty the magazine...

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 14:50 Mashiki Amiketo

Alamar wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 11:43:

Well sure, but then you'd have to include Skyrim in that list, since you can beat the main storyline in under 10 hours...

Oh, you want to explore other stuff as well, just like all those other games you would have had to include in your 'one hand' list ; )

-Alamar
Sure you can beat the main storyline in under 10 hours, though I didn't get around to it for another 150 odd hours myself. My second playthrough is already at 40 hours and I've yet to go beyond getting my first shout.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 11:43 Alamar

^Drag0n^ wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 03:05:
Slashman wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 01:23:
20 hours is less than what most full games give you these days...so I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

Guessing you meant more...(?)

With the exception of the game it is an expansion pack for, you can probably count games released in the last 12 months that take 10+ hours one hand. Probably less.

Well sure, but then you'd have to include Skyrim in that list, since you can beat the main storyline in under 10 hours...

Oh, you want to explore other stuff as well, just like all those other games you would have had to include in your 'one hand' list ; )

-Alamar

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 08:51 Verno

Definitely looking forward to this, love the Steam workshop functionality. I hadn't really played in months but just loaded up and it updated all of my mods without any fiddling or messing around in the Nexus Mod Manager.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 04:22 InBlack

Will be getting this....eventually. Probably only next year though, Im still too burned out by multiple playthroughs of Skyrim.  

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 03:05 ^Drag0n^

Slashman wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 01:23:
20 hours is less than what most full games give you these days...so I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

Guessing you meant more...(?)

With the exception of the game it is an expansion pack for, you can probably count games released in the last 12 months that take 10+ hours one hand. Probably less.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 01:23 Slashman

10-20 hours

So one day...

wow great

Yeah...if you sit and play nothing but Skyrim for 20 hours then sure. Just make sure to stock up on a sturdy diaper and snacks so you won't ever have to move from your chair.

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 00:14 LittleMe

10-20 hours

So one day...

wow great

It also offers a lot of exploration and lots of side quests that are *not* included in that 10-20hrs total. We might be able to get 40-50hrs total (guess).

Perpetual debt is slavery.

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 23:51 Xombie

10-20 hours

So one day...

wow great

The main quest for Skyrim only takes a little longer than that if you do nothing else.

Xombie x0mbie x0mb|e Xombie

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 23:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Just started another play-through a couple days ago. Decided it was time to upgrade the old video card now too, so just ordered a new one so I can run with all the spiffy HD mods. Now I have this to look forward to as well. Can't wait. Insta-buy for me as long as there are no major technical issues.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 23:05 Angrius Maximis

10-20 hours

So one day...

wow great

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 22:19 Cutter

I am going to both play and enjoy this and you are too!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 21:57 Slashman

Definitely looking worthwhile...so barring any unforeseen downsides, I'm going to grab it.  

4. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 21:52 Silicon Avatar

It sounds pretty cool. I'll probably pick this up.  

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 21:03 Quboid

I seem to remember seeing it priced at 1600 MS points, for the Xbox obviously. That's about 15 or $20USD.  

- Quboid

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 20:52 Kastagir

I still haven't seen one hint at how much it will cost. Maybe that's still being worked out, which is why you can't find it on Steam.  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo