Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Humble Indie Bundle V Expands

Humble Mumble announces that Braid, Super Meat Boy, and Lone Survivor are now being included in Humble Indie Bundle V. Word is: "If you’ve already purchased Humble Indie Bundle V, then Braid, Super Meat Boy, and Lone Survivor are already on your download page! The DRM-free games run on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and can be optionally redeemed on Steam."

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 9, 2012, 02:36 Jerykk

Dev wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 01:36:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 00:27:
It really sucks that Steam doesn't make dupes giftable. I have a ton of dupes from various bundles but most of them went to waste because they weren't giftable.
They do that on purpose, because they WANT people to end up buying duplicates and not being able to send them to everyone. Thats why they always advertise it when a package has giftable games if you buy it (like the torchlight 2 pre-order including a giftable copy of torchlight 1).

For a while, some of the indy bundles were giving different steam codes for each game in the bundle, which made it easy to gift away dupes. But they've mostly stopped doing that, so now you just get 1 steam code for the entire bundle and dupes go to waste.

Yeah, I know why they do it. I just think it sucks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 9, 2012, 01:36 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 00:27:
It really sucks that Steam doesn't make dupes giftable. I have a ton of dupes from various bundles but most of them went to waste because they weren't giftable.
They do that on purpose, because they WANT people to end up buying duplicates and not being able to send them to everyone. Thats why they always advertise it when a package has giftable games if you buy it (like the torchlight 2 pre-order including a giftable copy of torchlight 1).

For a while, some of the indy bundles were giving different steam codes for each game in the bundle, which made it easy to gift away dupes. But they've mostly stopped doing that, so now you just get 1 steam code for the entire bundle and dupes go to waste.

12. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 9, 2012, 00:27 Jerykk

11. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 8, 2012, 17:14 Dev

Rhino wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 07:10:
Right, more. As in over a penny more. People are cheap bastards at the best of times; thus my surprise at the short time that it took for it to go up. I did figure that it would go up gradually as it had been over the span of a week; but that jump in a few hours caught me by surprise.
And that penny more every purchase adds up. Its up to $8.21 now
The initial jump could well be from some of those big donors kicking in

10. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 8, 2012, 16:10 jimnms

This is definitely one of (if not the) best bundles. Even though I already have four of the games in this bundle, three of the others were on my Steam wish list.

It's probably going to be the best selling one too. It's almost at $4 million with 6 days to go. I bet they'll add at least a couple more games before it's over too.

Steam Profile

9. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 8, 2012, 11:45 Alamar

nin wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 20:37:
This is like indie deal of the year! The only problem is how many you already own.

The only one I already owned was Bastion, and I mucked with the sliders in their favor : )

Edit: As for the 'pay more than average for extra game(s)', I think that was an awesome idea... as well as the $5 min for steam keys, or whatever one+ of these sales did...

I only paid $10, even though the bundle is surely worth so much more... But I don't own any of the other games already for a reason; they didn't interest me enough at full price, so why throw a bunch more at em? I'd kind of prefer a play now, buy later approach so I could have the option of adding more money, and playing with the sliders appropriately.

-Alamar

8. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 8, 2012, 07:10 Rhino

Dev wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 00:02:
Rhino wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 23:04:
Dev wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 22:55:
Rhino wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 21:12:
I was surprised to see the average jump to $8.06 (I had thought that it was at $7.80-something this morning),
Its because only above average purchases include these extra 3 games (and any previous purchases)

Which, while true, generally only encourages people to bid at that average level and not above. I honestly didn't expect that many people would suddenly jump on board because of three games, two of which have appeared on these bundles before and have had several other sales in the past, within such a short time frame of the three additions being announced.
You only get the extra 3 if you pay MORE than average, not stay at the average. Which means that encourages a rise in average price. In fact, the average is still going up, its up to $8.10 right now.
There could be other reasons too, like I don't know when notch kicked in his $10k.

Right, more. As in over a penny more. People are cheap bastards at the best of times; thus my surprise at the short time that it took for it to go up. I did figure that it would go up gradually as it had been over the span of a week; but that jump in a few hours caught me by surprise.

7. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 8, 2012, 00:02 Dev

Rhino wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 23:04:
I was surprised to see the average jump to $8.06 (I had thought that it was at $7.80-something this morning),
Its because only above average purchases include these extra 3 games (and any previous purchases)

Which, while true, generally only encourages people to bid at that average level and not above. I honestly didn't expect that many people would suddenly jump on board because of three games, two of which have appeared on these bundles before and have had several other sales in the past, within such a short time frame of the three additions being announced.
You only get the extra 3 if you pay MORE than average, not stay at the average. Which means that encourages a rise in average price. In fact, the average is still going up, its up to $8.10 right now.
There could be other reasons too, like I don't know when notch kicked in his $10k.

6. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 7, 2012, 23:04 Rhino

5. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 7, 2012, 22:55 Dev

4. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 7, 2012, 22:00 reisub

There's only two out of the eight I don't own already (SB and LS). A brilliant bundle though. Tempted to gift it to someone.  

3. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 7, 2012, 21:50 Prez

That's one hell of a lineup of quality games. If you don't (legally) own at least half of these in the list you really owe it to yourself to pick this bundle up for the mere pittance they are asking for it - it would practically be a crime not to.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 7, 2012, 21:12 Rhino

Thankfully the only of these titles that I owned was Psychonauts. I just never got around to picking any of the others up, even though I was interested in most of them. Busy with moving internationally and having a kid :-).

I was surprised to see the average jump to $8.06 (I had thought that it was at $7.80-something this morning), but also saddened to only see it at $8.06. It's a great package.

1. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Expands Jun 7, 2012, 20:37 nin

This is like indie deal of the year! The only problem is how many you already own.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo