Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Two Guys From Andromeda AMA

The Kickstarter Page for the Two Guys SpaceVenture (by the creators of Space Quest, Two Guys From Andromeda) offers a little love to the Kickstarters for the Tex Murphy project and Carmageddon: Reincarnation, and also announces the Two Guys will be participating in an AMA on Reddit today at noon eastern time (thanks nin). On a related note, "Pledge Quest" to support Two Guys' SpaceVenture is a fan-created one-room puzzle to support the fundraiser (careful of spoilers, the walkthrough is included in the post).

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda AMA Jun 7, 2012, 19:02 Dev

To me, Space Quest is really special. I pledged over $100.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda AMA Jun 7, 2012, 13:45 wtf_man

I've backed 2 games on Kickstarter. I'm really not likely to back any more for the year, unless it is something really really special to me.

Once the 2 I have backed have been released... I may be willing to back a couple of more... but I'm certainly not going to shell out funds for every "somewhat interesting" project that comes out. Hopefully they get funded and I may purchase after release. But as for pre-funding... I'm only willing to do a couple at a time.

6. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda AMA Jun 7, 2012, 12:49 Dev

I really hope this gets funded. Space Quest series was my favorite (king's quest just didn't do it for me).

Remember, if you haven't pledged yet, you aren't charged anything if it doesn't make the goal. So go out there and pledge at least $15 please if you ever enjoyed space quest.

They've done a lot of commentaries on the various Space Quest games, and Ken & Roberta Williams even came in and talked a bit.

I've been impressed at how much work they've put into this kickstarter. Such as doing the iterative prototypes WHILE the kickstarter is going on, and all the commentaries they've done, etc.

5. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda AMA Jun 7, 2012, 12:36 StingingVelvet

The funding of Jensen's thing and this compared to the funding for Schafer's project really shows which classic adventure games have held up in peoples' minds.

I'm sure timing, media coverage and other things are a factor as well of course, but I am not seeing the raw desire for more Space Quest and Jensen games that we saw with wanting more in the vein of Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle.

4. removed Jun 7, 2012, 11:49 deqer

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 7, 2012, 13:56.

3. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda AMA Jun 7, 2012, 10:41 Silicon Avatar

I was hoping this would go through but now it looks sort of shaky. I hope more people donate at the last minute.  

2. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda AMA Jun 7, 2012, 10:18 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 10:05:
5 days left - kick in some cash, folks! Hup hup!

Seriously. At their current rate, these guys won't get funded unless they get a big last minute push like Republique did. To be honest, as much excitement as this stirred up, I think their funding goal was too ambitious. I was the second backer on this project though and damn, I so hope it gets to happen.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

1. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda AMA Jun 7, 2012, 10:05 nin

5 days left - kick in some cash, folks! Hup hup!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo