Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

It Came from E3 2012, Part 4

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 8, 2012, 10:48 Beamer

ASeven wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 07:23:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 00:58:
ASeven wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 20:40:
Beamer wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 17:01:
ASeven wrote:
But then again your bias against KS has always been known around here.
You're an idiot if you think I have a bias. I've backed, at this point, 7 games, 18 projects and put in over $3,000.
Oh dear Beamer, that you're an idiotic apologist is something everyone here knows but I do love so much when you descend into insanity just to try and insult me.
Come on, for somebody engaging in a long term flame war with him you should at least know he regularly says he supports Kickstarter projects. Then you get called on it and respond like this... poor show.

He has always been very skeptic about these new business models though, still watching his post history proves me that I was wrong and as such I admit it. Poor show from my part indeed.

You didn't call me "skeptical," you said I have a bias. I don't. I'm skeptical of all these projects and I'm skeptical that it will keep the momentum it has. I believe people will get burnt and stop throwing money as quickly to projects prior to their launch. More importantly, I'm skeptical that all these developers need to use kickstarter and believe some taking advantage of fans generosity and interest.

But I don't have a bias against it. I don't want to see it burn and fail, I'm just not ready to celebrate a new way to fund things. I'm still skeptical that this may turn out to be a fad, like so many new business models that hit the internet.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 8, 2012, 07:23 ASeven

Sepharo wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 00:58:
ASeven wrote:
You're an idiot if you think I have a bias. I've backed, at this point, 7 games, 18 projects and put in over $3,000.
Oh dear Beamer, that you're an idiotic apologist is something everyone here knows but I do love so much when you descend into insanity just to try and insult me.
Come on, for somebody engaging in a long term flame war with him you should at least know he regularly says he supports Kickstarter projects. Then you get called on it and respond like this... poor show.

He has always been very skeptic about these new business models though, still watching his post history proves me that I was wrong and as such I admit it. Poor show from my part indeed.

26. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 8, 2012, 00:58 Sepharo

ASeven wrote:

25. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 22:56 RollinThundr

ASeven wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 16:52:
Beamer wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 15:59:
ASeven wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 15:31:
Beamer wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 11:42:
fela wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 10:57:
Is it safe to come out and say the games 'industry' is a poor sequence of jokes (gimmicks, sequels, clones, DLCs, and other riff-raff)and that our only salvation lies with kickstarters, indie games, mod teams, and other upstarts?

Why do games even need to be in an 'industry'?

Haven't most of the bigger kickstarters been sequels, clones and other riff-raff?

Wasteland? Carmageddon? Leisure Suit Larry?

Uhm, no.

Grim Dawn, Dead State, FTL, Tim Schaffer's Adventure, Takeout, etc.

Grim Dawn: Titan Quest clone, which in itself was a Diablo clone
Dead State: original, but at $65k not really one of the "bigger" kickstarters
FTL: original
Tim Schafer: original
TakeDOWN: R6 clone

But fine, you are one of the first to call something a CoD clone, let's be totally bias and not call Grim Dawn a Diablo clone...

In that case every single game out there is a clone of a past game, period. But then again your bias against KS has always been known around here.

I'm not dancing in the streets going "OMG the industry is dead LOL but indies are amazing LOL they do nothing wrong HAHA and every major publisher games sucks HAHAHAHAHA I will never play another big budget game ROFL but indie games will do everything they can LMAO and there's no reason to be cautious about spending money on something before it's even made TEEHEEHEE."
To you that's a bias.

To be fair Beamer you do have this habit of running to big publisher's defense on a regular basis.

24. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 20:40 ASeven

I'm not dancing in the streets going "OMG the industry is dead LOL but indies are amazing LOL they do nothing wrong HAHA and every major publisher games sucks HAHAHAHAHA I will never play another big budget game ROFL but indie games will do everything they can LMAO and there's no reason to be cautious about spending money on something before it's even made TEEHEEHEE."
To you that's a bias.

BTW, EA's shares close to 98's value of below $13. Just a friendly FYI.

23. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 17:30 eRe4s3r

A properly good tycoon game would have been nice though. ONly Sim City.. and that's it? Where are the upcoming eco sims? Anno 2070 with it's retarded gameplay system that just recycles Anno 1404 is not doing it. Where are the Total War clones The Civilization clones? More Minecraft clones?

Where are the new submarine or ship sims? Spaceship sims? X Rebirth is still so far away.. but that is the ONLY interesting game in that genre.. holy crap. I feel like this "industry" shrunk seriously down lately.

Indy games take forever to develop sadly...

22. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 17:01 Beamer

ASeven wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 16:52:
Is it safe to come out and say the games 'industry' is a poor sequence of jokes (gimmicks, sequels, clones, DLCs, and other riff-raff)and that our only salvation lies with kickstarters, indie games, mod teams, and other upstarts?

Haven't most of the bigger kickstarters been sequels, clones and other riff-raff?

Uhm, no.

But fine, you are one of the first to call something a CoD clone, let's be totally bias and not call Grim Dawn a Diablo clone...

In that case every single game out there is a clone of a past game, period. But then again your bias against KS has always been known around here.

To you that's a bias.

-------------

21. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 16:53 Ray Ban

Uhm, no.

I'm pretty sure you meant Takedown, as I can't find any mention of a fast food sim on Kickstarter

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

20. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 16:52 ASeven

Uhm, no.

19. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 15:59 Beamer

Uhm, no.

-------------

18. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 15:33 ASeven

This year's E3 was the perfect reflection of a broken industry on the verge of crashing, the publishers at least.

Hell, even Verison is jumping ship from Activision. The publishers are heading to oblivion and they're oblivious about it, in a way it's sad to see this happen. Then again, indies and different business models have proven that more and more devs don't really need a middle man taking a cut and adding tons of grief and shit.

17. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 15:31 ASeven

Uhm, no.

16. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 15:17 DangerDog

I appreciate the honesty in this developer interview/demo for Arma III.

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6381268/arma-3-demonstration

I thought they were further along in development but it looks like it'll be a 2013 release.

15. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 14:49 Techie714 ©

Prez wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 13:52:
Idiot haters who trash everything aside,

LOL, I see what you did there....That was meant for a certin person.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 14:11 SpectralMeat

wtf_man wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 13:36:
Verno wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 12:35:
Yeah pretty much Watch Dogs and Dishonored for me in terms of big name stuff.

The only thing that has me apprehensive about Watch Dogs, is if Ubi uses the multi-player aspects of the game to force "always online", trying to spin it as not being DRM, but game design.

Then it will be a no-sale for me.

Yeah that is the one thing that came into my mind also when I read the PCgamer article about the E3 presentation and why was there 2 person on the stage with controllers and what was the last part of the demonstration all about.

I really hope this will be sort of a MP feature in the game and not going to be an always online requirement. I am not sure I'd like to play the game with real people around me in the game world all the time, like an MMO. Especially if they can interact with me and the things I do during missions.

Otherwise I am really looking forward to Watch Dogs. I liked what I've seen of the game so far and would like to see more because it look interesting.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 13:52 Prez

Idiot haters who trash everything aside, I am also intrigued by Watchdogs. I'll be following it to see how it shapes up. And to see if Ubisoft screws it all up with moronic DRM.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 13:46 CJ_Parker

Sheesh. People are so easily hyped these days. You throw them a two minute cinematic clip that may well be entirely scripted and all of a sudden it's all the shit.

Thanks to you guys Watch Dogs is an overrated piece of shit already.

11. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 13:36 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 12:35:
Yeah pretty much Watch Dogs and Dishonored for me in terms of big name stuff.

The only thing that has me apprehensive about Watch Dogs, is if Ubi uses the multi-player aspects of the game to force "always online", trying to spin it as not being DRM, but game design.

Then it will be a no-sale for me.

10. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 13:02 Cutter

WarpCrow wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 11:32:
Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 10:27:
Meh, too bad about Neverwinter. Sounds like they really destroyed it.

I never had any hopes for this game. A. It's made by Cryptic, who are infamous for Star Trek Online and Champions Online, two astoundingly mediocre pay2win games based on what should have been awesome concepts, and B. Cryptic later being bought out by Perfect World International, publisher of several pay2win Asian grindfests. There was never any way for it to end well.

It actually started out right and played to Cryptic's strengths. PW has totally destroyed it though.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

9. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 4 Jun 7, 2012, 12:58 Smellfinger

pagb wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 10:46:
Nothing caught my attention this year... any gem worth checking?

Uh, hmmmm. Well, I was excited to hear that DOTA 2 wasn't going to be pay-to-win. That was the only thing that got my blood flowing this year.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo