Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event

The BioWare Blog announces Operation Mastiff, this weekend's special operation for Mass Effect 3, their action/RPG sequel:

Operation MASTIFF (June 8th-10th) We are dropping the new reinforcements onto occupied worlds to supplement resistance movements. Retrieving data of how the Reapers conquered those worlds is of paramount importance.

Allied Goal: Complete 100K retrieval missions. Personal Goal: Extraction on Silver difficulty with one squad member of the Rebellion Pack classes: Vorcha, Phoenix Project Defectors, or Quarian Male. Special Circumstance: None.

Completion of the personal goal awards that player a Commendation Pack. Completion of the Allied goal awards all players a Victory Pack that has a guaranteed N7 weapon.

Operation Mastiff begins at 6pm PST Friday June 8th and ends at 4am PST Monday June 11th. Packs will be distributed Tuesday evening if the mission is successful.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 8, 2012, 16:39 Bet

Scheherazade wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 19:52:
I enjoy the gameplay.
The unlocks are unnecessary, imo.
Even though I have everything unlocked 10/10 (other than the black cards - which are too rare to worry about), so I don't really care about the unlock system.
I just play for fun.

I do wish they had a L4D style versus mode, where one team controls the monsters, and you take turns with two rounds.

-scheherazade

Gold difficulty finds the basic assault rifle, the M-8, lacking in firepower severely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 7, 2012, 19:52 Scheherazade

I enjoy the gameplay.
The unlocks are unnecessary, imo.
Even though I have everything unlocked 10/10 (other than the black cards - which are too rare to worry about), so I don't really care about the unlock system.
I just play for fun.

I do wish they had a L4D style versus mode, where one team controls the monsters, and you take turns with two rounds.

-scheherazade

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 7, 2012, 15:35 DG

I quite enjoyed the MP as a brief distraction, though it had no staying power once I'd beaten the game.

The main annoyance was the unlocks being random, and the frequent disconnects.

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 7, 2012, 09:09 Deathhead

I think the most telling point is that the goal has gone from 1 million to 100 thousand ...  

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 7, 2012, 09:08 Verno

hello newman wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 03:08:
0 comments

Gave up on it awhile ago. No variety at all, it's just a mini-game to grind out unlocks that they hope you'll get impatient about and purchase on their store.

It's a shame, the class system in ME would lend itself to some really interesting CTF/Assault style multiplayer but they thought it was fine to just parrot Gears of War and leave it at that.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 7, 2012, 08:44 Whiskers

The random unlocking system in ME3 turned me off pretty quickly (and horde mode gets boring after a while). I wouldn't be surprised if these goals quit being met (although they might still say they are)  

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Jun 7, 2012, 03:08 hello newman

0 comments  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo