Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

It Came from E3 2012, Part 2

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 2 Jun 6, 2012, 20:51 [VG]Reagle

Planetside looks great. I loved the first one and the graphics look better then BF3. Night fights have me drooling.  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 2 Jun 6, 2012, 19:45 Cutter

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 18:21:
Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 12:16:

And whilst that's not a lot of footage for Neverwinter so far, it does look better than I expected it too. It's mostly how it plays and how PW is going to nickel and dime everyone to death that worries me.

Like Cryptic wasn't going to nickle and dime people?

True, but I hear they're choirboys compared to Perfect World. Just the fact of how they've changed the game alone is cringeworthy.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 2 Jun 6, 2012, 18:21 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 12:16:

And whilst that's not a lot of footage for Neverwinter so far, it does look better than I expected it too. It's mostly how it plays and how PW is going to nickel and dime everyone to death that worries me.

Like Cryptic wasn't going to nickle and dime people?

4. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 2 Jun 6, 2012, 16:54 DangerDog

So in order to earn the "resources" for grenades and such you'll pretty much need to pay for XP boosters?

In a perfect world they could probably get away with just selling cosmetic items (I'll never purchase them) but we know that others have attempted to run with this business model and have succumbed to turning their "free 2 play" game into a "pay 2 win" or at least "pay 2 be better than that other guy a little bit".

The worst are games where you're effectively renting upgrades and weapons where you have to keep paying monthly or you lose them.

3. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 2 Jun 6, 2012, 12:16 Cutter

The more I see of Planetside 2 the more I want it. It's bonerific! Hope beta is damn soon! I love this from the PC lamer article....

I really, really like that items like C4 and even common grenades will have a resource cost associated with them, so you’ll be discouraged from just mindlessly spamming grenades during combat.

Good stuff!

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2012, 12:27.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 2 Jun 6, 2012, 10:34 Mr. Tact

Don't quit your day job.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 2 Jun 6, 2012, 10:30 Blackhawk

Wait, to watch the Ubisoft Booth Walkthrough I'm required to be online - the whole time? No! I'm boycotting this video!  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo