Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is the 68th anniversary of D-Day, an occasion that always brings to mind the incredible bravery and sacrifice of those who can put the safety of others ahead of their own.

Things have been a little hectic here, and we just last night got to watch the season finale of Game of Thrones, which was fantastic. We watched all of season one at once about six months after it ran, which meant we had a much shorter wait until season two than most fans, but having watched the second season mostly on-time, now we get to experience the longer version of the anticipation of the continuation of this great series.

Links of Thrones: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Rizzoli and Isles - The Boston Butcher.
Fat Cat.
Links: HBO is selling the Iron Throne for just $30,000. Thanks nin.
Science: Teenager Creates Next Generation Quantum Space Propulsion System. Thanks Jeff.
Media: Caller ID - This Could Get you in Trouble.
1 Hour of Fails! NSFW.
The Funnies: Brevity.

View
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 11:40 PropheT

I didn't like the first season all that much, even though I loved the first book...but, since I do love the books, I went back and watched it again before the 2nd season started to give it another shot. I liked it better, but some things still bugged me like King Overacting Baratheon III and that the set pieces were noticeably muted for budget reasons.

I loved the 2nd season, a lot. The last two episodes of it are some of the best I've ever seen of any show, and a lot of the things that bothered me about the first season were just plain fixed in the 2nd. The actors really find their niche in their characters and there are some great moments between them... especially Peter Dinklage, who actually manages to make Tyrion as good in the show as he is in the books, if not better.

Really good stuff, and definitely worth another look even if season 1 didn't do the trick for you.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 6, 10:37 Re: Out of the Blue Mr. Tact
  2. Jun 6, 11:23 Re: Out of the Blue Ratty
  9. Jun 6, 16:10  Re: Out of the Blue DeathMongrel
>> 3. Jun 6, 11:40 Re: Out of the Blue PropheT
  4. Jun 6, 11:55  Re: Out of the Blue Ratty
  5. Jun 6, 12:14   Re: Out of the Blue nin
  6. Jun 6, 12:51 Re: Out of the Blue Cutter
  7. Jun 6, 13:54  Re: Out of the Blue nin
  12. Jun 6, 18:16   Re: Out of the Blue xXBatmanXx
  13. Jun 6, 18:35    Re: Out of the Blue nin