Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is the 68th anniversary of D-Day, an occasion that always brings to mind the incredible bravery and sacrifice of those who can put the safety of others ahead of their own.

Things have been a little hectic here, and we just last night got to watch the season finale of Game of Thrones, which was fantastic. We watched all of season one at once about six months after it ran, which meant we had a much shorter wait until season two than most fans, but having watched the second season mostly on-time, now we get to experience the longer version of the anticipation of the continuation of this great series.

Links of Thrones: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Rizzoli and Isles - The Boston Butcher.
Fat Cat.
Links: HBO is selling the Iron Throne for just $30,000. Thanks nin.
Science: Teenager Creates Next Generation Quantum Space Propulsion System. Thanks Jeff.
Media: Caller ID - This Could Get you in Trouble.
1 Hour of Fails! NSFW.
The Funnies: Brevity.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 21:00 Sepharo

We watched all of season one at once about six months after it ran, which meant we had a much shorter wait until season two than most fans, but having watched the second season mostly on-time, now we get to experience the longer version of the anticipation of the continuation of this great series.

Pretty much the exact point my viewing group brought up after the finale ended. We were kind of like "Wait this was season two wasn't it? ... And now we need to wait a year?" We barely remembered a break between 1 and 2 since we watched season 1 only shortly before 2 began.

What's up next? Breaking Bad? I'm still pissed after learning that there's apparently a year break in the middle of the upcoming "season".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 18:35 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 18:16:
nin wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 13:54:
Last chance to get a copy of Carmageddon for $15! Nine hours to go!

Grabbed the 2 copies deal right away when it started. Cant wait!!!!

I'm pretty excited, too! Did you see the video the other day?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 18:16 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 13:54:
Last chance to get a copy of Carmageddon for $15! Nine hours to go!

Grabbed the 2 copies deal right away when it started. Cant wait!!!!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 16:33 nin

Hoop wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 16:28:
Thanks Blue your site is snappy again.
Snappy like that West side story song where they all snap their fingers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8R9GiLImSw

"I feel pretty, oh so pretty..."

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 16:28 Hoop

Thanks Blue your site is snappy again.
Snappy like that West side story song where they all snap their fingers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8R9GiLImSw

Um .. Behind you...

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 16:10 DeathMongrel

On the something from nothing, I would take a good listen to Lawrence Krauss. It's not really nothing, but it isn't exactly something (in our dimension), so he can explain how it works.

Unfortunately, the girl has patented something that already has prior art, so unless the article divulges what is different about this, she's gonna lose any legal wars against people actually building it.

The idea of this type of propulsion and energy gathering has been something she's stolen from Stargate Sg-1/Atlantis, and the people (scientists) that they stole from.

When she actually builds it, if she does, then they should make a news report on it. Until then, we shouldn't be handing out credit and accolades to people who steal ideas.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 14:41 Cutter

R.I.P Ray Bradbury.

Thanks for the good work, Ray.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 12:51 Cutter

No, I think that girl is on to something. it's just poor reporting. The energy isn't created from nothbing - which is impossible - but the energy is created via the quantum particles. I'm sure we'll find out before too long. It'll be exciting as hell if they can make it work!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 12:14 nin

Ratty wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 11:55:
PropheT wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 11:40:
... especially Peter Dinklage, who actually manages to make Tyrion as good in the show as he is in the books, if not better.
Peter Dinklage is the only reason it's still on my DVD waiting to be watched. I read the books and loved them but it was so long ago I remember almost nothing about them. So the TV series is basically brand new to me. Really, I think the thing that bothers me is everyone is so damn evil and I basically don't like anybody (except Tyrion). Every time Joffrey has a scene I want to turn it off.

I've only seen season one, but Dinklage steals the show in any scene he's in...he really makes the show.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 11:55 Ratty

PropheT wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 11:40:
... especially Peter Dinklage, who actually manages to make Tyrion as good in the show as he is in the books, if not better.
Peter Dinklage is the only reason it's still on my DVD waiting to be watched. I read the books and loved them but it was so long ago I remember almost nothing about them. So the TV series is basically brand new to me. Really, I think the thing that bothers me is everyone is so damn evil and I basically don't like anybody (except Tyrion). Every time Joffrey has a scene I want to turn it off.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 11:40 PropheT

I didn't like the first season all that much, even though I loved the first book...but, since I do love the books, I went back and watched it again before the 2nd season started to give it another shot. I liked it better, but some things still bugged me like King Overacting Baratheon III and that the set pieces were noticeably muted for budget reasons.

I loved the 2nd season, a lot. The last two episodes of it are some of the best I've ever seen of any show, and a lot of the things that bothered me about the first season were just plain fixed in the 2nd. The actors really find their niche in their characters and there are some great moments between them... especially Peter Dinklage, who actually manages to make Tyrion as good in the show as he is in the books, if not better.

Really good stuff, and definitely worth another look even if season 1 didn't do the trick for you.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 11:23 Ratty

Seen that quantum space propulsion thing around the web lately and it's typical nonscience crap.
"By moving the plates (which are made of silicon), energy is created out of nothing and a net force is created which would be used to push, pull or propel a spacecraft."
Right up there with perpetual motion and spinning magnet antigravity. I can only guess it's getting so much attention because she's Egyptian and a *gasp* GIRL.

As for Game of Thrones, I still just can't get into it. I have the whole season on DVR at this point and can't make myself watch it. I love fantasy and scifi so this is quite puzzling to me.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2012, 10:37 Mr. Tact

Despite spending 7 years, 3 months and 10 ten days in the USAF, I only "technically" consider myself a veteran. People who actually faced combat, that's another whole level...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo