Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeons of Dremor Free DLC Released; Workshop Launches

Steam News announces a new update is now automatically available for Dungeons of Dremor, along with the free You Have To Name The Expansion Pack for the dungeon crawler, which is currently on sale for 70% off. This is accompanied by news that that the Dungeons of Dredmor Workshop is now open:

The time to create and use all new horrifying traps, dazzling spells, and weapons of diabolical ferocity is upon us: the Dungeons of Dredmor Steam Workshop is now open for business.

Create and share all new monsters, items, skills, spells and dungeon rooms! Ever wanted an acid fireball? How about a skill that summons Diggle mages? A staff that explodes when you throw it and turns everyone who it kills into zombies? Easy. A trap that can only be disarmed by feeding it 10 gallons of Slivovitz plum brandy? A magical pear that summons a magical orange that summons a magical apple that summons the original magical pear? That's more like it.

The Steam Workshop makes it easy to find, play, and share quality custom content created by other fans. Simply head over to the Steam Workshop page, find a mod that you would like to play, and hit "Subscribe". The mod will be downloaded to just the right spot, and upon loading Dredmor you simply hit the "Mod" button on the launcher and pick which ones you want to load.

Or, if you want to try your hand at your own creations, head over to Dredmod.com and take a look at some tutorials on how to craft your own! We've included information on how to make and upload a mod, as well as some of the code that you can use to create completely unique content.

And while you're at it, check out the brand new DLC we launched today - it's totally free, and full of some of our all-time favorite fan-made content!

If you needed more reason to get excited about Dungeons of Dredmor, you can pick it up for a steal at 70% off when you buy before June 11th.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Dungeons of Dremor Free DLC Released; Workshop Launches Jun 6, 2012, 16:39 Orogogus

coldcut wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 08:29:
It's called Dredmore, not Dremore, Blue

Maybe it's a running gag? He misspelled it as Dreadmor last time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Dungeons of Dremor Free DLC Released; Workshop Launches Jun 6, 2012, 10:21 jimnms

At $2.25 for the game and expansion this is a steal. It was a game I'd overlooked, but I got in one of the Humble Bundles and it rocks. I went ahead and picked up the DLC. I'd been meaning to grab it, but I haven't played the game in a while. My Steam profile only shows 10 hours, but I installed the DRM free version from the bundle on my netbook and played the crap out of it while out of town one week.  

Steam Profile

4. Re: Dungeons of Dremor Free DLC Released; Workshop Launches Jun 6, 2012, 09:12 nin

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 23:35:
Dungeons of Dredmor + expansion pack for $2.25 = instabuy.

That's basically "free", even for this great indie game. The main game is just ONE DOLLAR, FIFTY CENTS.

And it's a great game!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Dungeons of Dremor Free DLC Released; Workshop Launches Jun 6, 2012, 08:29 coldcut

It's called Dredmore, not Dremore, Blue  

2. Re: Dungeons of Dremor Free DLC Released; Workshop Launches Jun 5, 2012, 23:35 Lord Tea

Dungeons of Dredmor + expansion pack for $2.25 = instabuy.

That's basically "free", even for this great indie game. The main game is just ONE DOLLAR, FIFTY CENTS.

UPSA = United Police States of America

1. Re: Dungeons of Dremor Free DLC Released; Workshop Launches Jun 5, 2012, 22:32 Jerykk

Nice to see more games using the Steam Workshop. Since many publishers already adopt Steamworks as their DRM, maybe they'll be more likely to support modding in the future? One can always dream.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo