Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Al Lowe/Sam Suede Follow-up

An article on The International House of Mojo that speculates that negative comments on about Wisecrack Games' Sam Suede in Undercover Exposure Kickstarter may been made by Paul Trowe of Replay Games, who are making Make Leisure Suit Larry come again (thanks ebberon). Replay recently spoke of suing Wisecrack over infringement, but this article points the way to this post by Al Lowe saying he is not getting all lawyered up with this:

I want to clarify with the media, the public, and the Kickstarter community what’s been in the press lately about my relationship with Wisecrack Games. I have no intention of suing Wisecrack, which has my permission to use my name and likeness regarding my involvement with Sam Suede.

While I am proud of the work I did on Sam Suede back in 2006, when I left the project the game’s design was nearly complete but the text, where the humor lies, was barely started. I not involved in any way with Wisecrack’s current production of Sam Suede.

I am currently actively involved with Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards Reloaded. I also am not personally involved in any legal action against Wisecrack and wish them well implementing my game design without me.

View
2. Re: Al Lowe/Sam Suede Follow-up Jun 6, 2012, 05:42 Paketep

Yep, it seems like Replay jumped the game (and also that internal communication is not a strong point there).

However, the Wisecrack is totally misleading, making it look like Al Lowe is the one making the game right now, instead of them using his old design with his permission. That doesn't exactly endear them to me, even if they had to go through false accusations.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 6, 05:38 Re: Al Lowe/Sam Suede Follow-up Dev
>> 2. Jun 6, 05:42 Re: Al Lowe/Sam Suede Follow-up Paketep
  3. Jun 6, 07:44  Re: Al Lowe/Sam Suede Follow-up NKD

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo