Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight

Rockstar Games announces they are rolling out a patch tonight to address some frequently reported issues with Max Payne 3, their third-person shooter sequel. Here's what this will address:

Issues fixed by tonight's patch are below. Our goal is to get everyone up and running as smoothly as possible so be sure to hit http://support.rockstargames.com if you are having any specific issues.

Compatibility Issues
* Fixed reported issues with needing service packs, compatibility with incorrect OS.

Various Crashes
* Fixed a range of issues which could have led to crashes on startup and in-game.

Audio Crash
* Fixed reported issues of audio dropouts when no audio device was plugged in, or when the headphones/speakers disconnected while in game.

Mouse Sensitivity
* Fixed reported issues of mouse being sluggish, especially in prone and Shootdodge™. Increased top end range of mouse sensitivity, but kept the slider from 1-10, allowing the user more range in their sensitivity setting.

Mouse Acceleration
* Fixed reported issues of mouse acceleration affecting aiming, included commandline option to disable mouse acceleration, -nomouseaccel (In a future update, this will be added as an option in the Mouse Controls menu).

Stretched Image / Wrong Aspect Ratio
* Fixed reported issues of game locked in incorrect aspect ratio, or alt-entering and having incorrect aspect ratio. Added commandline option for locked aspect ratio as commandline option -aspectratio width:height (ie. -aspectratio 4:3 / -aspectratio 16:9) In a future update, this will be added as an option in the Graphics menu.

Video Memory Reporting as 0MB
* Fixed reported issues of the video card reporting having 0MB of video memory available. Users unable to adjust Graphics options because of this (Also helps fix stuttering on some video cards).

We are aware of a few outstanding issues including multiplayer cheaters and hackers. Rest assured this will be dealt with in a forthcoming patch.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 20:52 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 14:51:
Shoot Dodge works without any bullet time at all.

That's how it was in MP2 as well. In both I rarely used bullet time outside of shoot dodge and (sadly) by the end of MP3 I wasn't even using that that much. When the distances are so long I tend just to use a rifle and click heads, no real need to trigger any bullet time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 14:51 Verno

I don't "get" the bullet time implementation in MP3. Sometimes I kill someone and get some back, sometimes I kill someone and don't. Shoot Dodge works without any bullet time at all. Sometimes it just regens a little bit for no reason and other times I have a full meter right out of a cutscene. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I observe the crazy particle effects and stuff much more while in bullet time but I get to use BT so sparingly for extended periods that I probably miss a lot of it.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

13. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 14:30 Flatline

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 04:26:
SectorEffector wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 04:05:
is anyone else amazed at Rage's optimization for PC on this? I have high hopes for GTA V
I'm not surprised it runs well. The maps don't have much geometric detail. And I'm convinced the particles systems in MP2 were way more complex and better looking. I recall stuff flying everywhere in the originals, but here things seem eerily static.

The gunfight in the office that eventually catches on fire in MP3 was so far the biggest "OMGWTFBBQ AWESOME" moment of the game. Which is *really* sad, since it was like 8 minutes long. However, you wanna talk about crazy particle effects, that one section was full of sh*t flying *everywhere*, office partitions being blown open, glass shattering, it was pretty awesome. I felt like I was playing Max Payne finally.

12. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 10:19 Quboid

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 06:35:
I'm talking certain surfaces not emitting particles at all.

Can't stand it when people are down on visual theater and prefer things to be dry. Especially since this is Max Payne a game series driven by unrealistic John Woo style gunplay. I'll take air mortared and explosively launched debris anyday.

This is what I thought when I played FEAR2 - its combat didn't have all the mortar-y goodness of FEAR1. Then I played FEAR1 again and it didn't nearly match how I remembered it either, I think I remembered it has having lots of awesome debris, but this had been diluted by progress in other games since so by the time FEAR2 came out with similar effects, they looked weak.

Maybe your mind is playing tricks too. Or maybe my memory's crap and you're spot on.

- Quboid

11. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 08:24 kyleb

The current gen consoles are all x64, even the Wii. The problem is that some people still run 32bit OSes, and developers/publishers apparently aren't ready to abandon that part of the market yet.  

10. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 07:28 eRe4s3r

It would already be enough if these games had x64 binaries and if games actually used the damn ram for what it's good for. I REALLY hope the next gen consoles are all x64  

9. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 06:35 Dmitri_M

I'm talking certain surfaces not emitting particles at all.

Can't stand it when people are down on visual theater and prefer things to be dry. Especially since this is Max Payne a game series driven by unrealistic John Woo style gunplay. I'll take air mortared and explosively launched debris anyday.

8. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 06:22 Bludd

Optimaximal wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 05:37:
Is it static, or just more realistic?

Everything in Max Payne 2 was programmed with little weight to demonstrate being the first big Havoc-powered game to market.
More realistic. Some of the physics in MP2 were ridiculous.

7. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 05:37 Optimaximal

Is it static, or just more realistic?

Everything in Max Payne 2 was programmed with little weight to demonstrate being the first big Havoc-powered game to market.

6. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 04:57 Bludd

The only particle effect I don't like in MP3 is the water splash.  

5. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 04:26 Dmitri_M

SectorEffector wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 04:05:
is anyone else amazed at Rage's optimization for PC on this? I have high hopes for GTA V
I'm not surprised it runs well. The maps don't have much geometric detail. And I'm convinced the particles systems in MP2 were way more complex and better looking. I recall stuff flying everywhere in the originals, but here things seem eerily static.

4. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 04:23 kyleb

GTA4 needs a more powerful CPU than MP3 because its got a much larger environment with far more AI and physics going on. GTA 5 is bound to be the same in that regard, but being able to use AA along with the other graphical improvements to engine will be nice.  

3. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 04:05 SectorEffector

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

2. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 02:55 born2expire

What about the mouse issues? notably mouse acceleration, x and y axis sens never syncing, and most importantly higher mouse sensitivity. As it stands I have the sens on 10 and its still WAYYYYYYY to slow (and i play with low sens in everything).

edit ahhh just read the patch notes, they mouse fixes didnt make the main page.

1. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 00:41 Dmitri_M

Good. Hopefully I'll be able to run it now with my Wacom tablet service re-enabled

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo