Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced

Nordic Games announces Painkiller Hell & Damnation, a new installment in the Painkiller series of first-person shooters in the works at Farm 51. Here are a couple of screenshots from the Unreal Engine 3 game, and here's word:

The legendary Painkiller series experiences its biggest leap ever with Nordic Games' upcoming installment: Painkiller Hell & Damnation.

Painkiller Hell & Damnation is under development by The Farm 51, an experienced Gliwice/Katowice (Poland)-based development studio.

Powered by Epic’s world-renowned and highly-respected Unreal Engine 3, Painkiller Hell & Damnation recreates the sensations and hardcore gameplay of the original Painkiller. Released in 2004, Painkiller won high praise and many accolades and fans for its fast and unique gameplay. Keeping true to the old-school FPS ideology, lightning-fast movement enables skillful players to get into the heart of the fast-paced gameplay, topped off with stunning enormo-boss fights requiring sneaky tactics.

“We're proud of the shiny new splendor of the game's graphics, but we're doubly proud we've made player skill the most important part of the game. In addition to the single player campaign, we're putting a tremendous emphasis on the game’s multiplayer component” said Reinhard Pollice, responsible for Business & Product Development at Nordic Games.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 13:40 silk7412

I know how some of you guys feel but this will not be like other games.

Painkiller: Resurrection
Painkiller: Redemption
Painkiller: Recurring Evil
Were made with a fan base hands and the key word here is Experiences.
This is like ID coming out and saying "we are making a true sequel to quake1'
Most of farm 51 are former people can fly employees

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 13:11 Jdrez

Those screenshots look kind of washed out and low-res for being U3...  

10. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 09:37 elefunk

Painkiller + Skill Shots would be fucking incredible.  

9. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 08:43 Verno

spindoctor wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 06:21:
Why do they keep making these games? I've heard such bad things about the last few Painkiller expansions, and yet somehow they keep finding an audience big enough to continue making them?

Just coasting on the name. They were really as bad as you heard, I'll wait for reviews after buying those.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

8. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 08:36 Elf Shot The Food

The Farm 51 is made up of people that worked on the original Painkiller, so there's some hope. At least it's not another fan-made mod with the Painkiller name.

Necrovision wasn't too bad of a game. It had it's fair share of "Painkiller" moments.

7. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 06:21 spindoctor

Why do they keep making these games? I've heard such bad things about the last few Painkiller expansions, and yet somehow they keep finding an audience big enough to continue making them?  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

6. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 06:15 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 02:49:
These are the guys that made Necrovision. Not the best record but at least they didn't make those terrible Painkiller expansions.

Necrovision with more time and polish could have been great. Reason to be at least curious.

5. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 04:54 pagb

Will they ever stop raping this franchise?  

4. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 02:49 Jerykk

These are the guys that made Necrovision. Not the best record but at least they didn't make those terrible Painkiller expansions.  

3. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 02:37 Cutter

Do they need to curse so diddily darn much? Can't they call it Heck and Darnation?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 02:03 Kajetan

ViRGE wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 01:15:
I hate to sound crass, but if it isn't by People Can Fly no one gives a damn.
The Painkiller franchise was burned and wasted with too many horrible, cheaply produced "addon" crap.

1. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 01:15 ViRGE

I hate to sound crass, but if it isn't by People Can Fly no one gives a damn.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo