Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans

EA's E3 press conference also included the expected announcement of the launch of Battlefield 3 Premium, a $49.99 package that bundles Back to Karkand for Battlefield 3 along with four new upcoming expansions for DICE's military shooter sequel, and includes two-weeks early access on each. This bundle also includes exclusive in-game items, "powerful features," and access to unique double-XP events. Word is those who purchase the PS3 edition can begin playing the Close Quarters expansion today, while the Windows and Xbox 360 editions of that DLC will launch for premium members next week. Here is the outline of the other upcoming expansions,

• Battlefield 3: Close Quarters - June. A frantic infantry-only theater of war.
  • Battlefield 3: Armored Kill - September. All-out vehicle warfare on some of the biggest maps in Battlefield history.
  • Battlefield 3: Aftermath - December. Set in a destroyed city moments after the massive earthquake in Tehran
  • Battlefield 3: End Game - March, 2013. Featuring lethal, high-speed action, and the debut of motorcycles.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 5, 2012, 19:05 Sepharo

ASeven wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 13:54:
It is depressing to see many PC gamers buying Premium

Where are you seeing it? Are there numbers somewhere or like an Origin Top 10?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 5, 2012, 13:54 ASeven

It is depressing to see many PC gamers buying Premium and hence support DICE and EA's policy of letting cheaters loose without punishment or even fixes to the netcode and the policy of taking their damn sweet time with important patches, letting the game rot away under its own bugs.

It's depressing. People shouldn't reward this behavior in any way and yet here we are, the fanboys running to grab a broken title. I hope everyone who bought Premium drowns in servers full of cheaters with no way of them being able to do a decent game.

22. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 5, 2012, 11:36 Verno

born2expire wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 10:26:
Dev wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 21:25:
"unique" access to double XP events, sounds like they are trying to do pay 2 win with BF3 now.

how is it pay to win? XP and rank means NOTHING in BF3, anyone who plays the game knows that the best weapons are the usually the class default (rank one) weapons.

Vehicle unlocks are definitely a balance issue. Many are almost required to be competitive.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 5, 2012, 10:26 born2expire

Dev wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 21:25:
"unique" access to double XP events, sounds like they are trying to do pay 2 win with BF3 now.

how is it pay to win? XP and rank means NOTHING in BF3, anyone who plays the game knows that the best weapons are the usually the class default (rank one) weapons.

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 5, 2012, 10:24 Moog

I loved BF3, despite having to use <spit>Origin</spit>, but the absolutely rampant cheating ruined a great game.

I'm afraid I can't support EA/Dice and the way they fail to support their game post-release and I won't be touching the DLC, or any future game, with a bargepole!

How they have the balls to release paid for content with the game in its current state, I just don't know!

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 5, 2012, 08:54 Verno

Matshock wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 22:19:
Joss wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 19:41:
Strange, that's when I clocked out too.

Not strange at all- it's about the time the radar hack was released. I noticed my superior use of cover/concealment suddenly didn't work anymore.

There was a hilarious thread on reddit where some guy broke down, bought the multihack and went into some popular servers (including the reddit one). Many people have claimed they don't notice the hacks so they don't think they are as prevalent as others claim. One of the multihack features is to see who is aiming at you. You can see where this is going now. An alarming number of players were tracking him through cover and impenetrable objects on each server. If someone just tags you with their cursor it doesn't register very high so this wasn't accidental stuff, it was 100% tracking.

Previous to that I had known there were cheaters but it wasn't enough to ruin the game for me. After seeing some names I recognized in that video I finally just enough is enough. Dice was supposed to fix this stuff in the last patch, they claimed they were making a big update to the netcode to put a stop to it. Instead pretty much every hack from before the patch continues to work just fine with minor changes.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 22:48 Tumbler

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 18:48:
Oh! Only $49.99? Wow they might as well be giving this shit away for free! AWSUMM!!!

It's $75 worth of DLC for the low low price of $49.99! Look how much money you're saving!!! (Strike At Karkland is included in that $75 figure)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 22:19 Matshock

Joss wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 19:41:

Not strange at all- it's about the time the radar hack was released. I noticed my superior use of cover/concealment suddenly didn't work anymore.

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 21:25 Dev

Matshock wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 16:51:
Does it come with a complete suite of download-a-hax?
No, but with the ability to reset stats, it makes it easier for hackers to hide.
MajorD wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 18:29:
This may or may not be a re-post, but apropos: EA in a Nutshell
AWESOME vid.

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 21:20 [VG]Reagle

BF3 fans lean over and grab your ankles EA is ready to pump you full. Enjoy!  

The First Newell
Gabe's Watching
[VG]Reagle Beagle

14. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 19:41 ASeven

MajorD wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 18:29:
This may or may not be a re-post, but apropos: EA in a Nutshell It works for Activision too.....

The reference to IGN is beautiful!!!

To be honest the video reflects a lot more the fanboys and sheeple as it does publishers. Does a good job at both.

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 19:41 Joss

Matshock wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 16:51:
..this is coming from someone who pre-ordered BF3 and actually enjoyed it for the first two months).

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 19:23 Julio

Bring back the bots. At least they don't cheat as much as the player base in public games.

When someone is 200:1 in kill ratio, maybe they're cheating?

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 18:48 CJ_Parker

Oh! Only $49.99? Wow they might as well be giving this shit away for free! AWSUMM!!!

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 18:29 MajorD

This may or may not be a re-post, but apropos: EA in a Nutshell It works for Activision too.....

The reference to IGN is beautiful!!!

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 18:06 Cutter

RailWizard wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 17:02:
LOL! Fat chance fuck faces.

Haha, nice one!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 18:02 Gib007

I'll buy the DLC but only individually. I refuse to pay for the game and B2K twice over.  

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 17:54 ASeven

More money for a CoD clone and the fanboys will gladly fill EA's pockets even more.  

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 17:45 Wildone

got pissed off with the rampant cheating. so pointless now.  

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 17:34 fawker

Could we please get something better than 1990 era punkbuster for cheats / hacks? Just look at PB's page.. it is a blast from the past.  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo