Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August

Valve announces Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is planned for release on August 21st for Windows, OS X, PlayStation Network, and Xbox LIVE Arcade at the same price of $15.00 across the board:

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) is targeted for release on August 21, 2012.

To be available via the Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac), CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay pioneered when Counter-Strike was launched almost 13 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO will be sold for approximately $15 on all platforms.

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO introduces new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

Developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment, the title will be playable in the Sony and Microsoft booths this week at E3 in Los Angeles, CA.

For more information, please visit http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/

View
18. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Jun 4, 2012, 20:14 Sepharo

theglaze wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 16:32:
The way bots work in the beta is that they are controllable by a person after death.

Example, you die during a rush and when spectating a bot on your team, you hit your use button and then take over that point right there and then, assuming it's health, weapon, position, etc. Any kills/weapons/money you get go towards the bot, not you.

I imagine this is a necessity because it would be awfully frustrating to watch bots attempt to kill each other if it came down to bot vs bot to decide the round. This also means there is no disruption during the game if people leave as they are replaced by bots.

As for their style or intelligence, there's some room for improvement. It's frustrating to watch a bot walk backwards through a set of doors, while carrying the bomb, and straight into the enemies defensive position.

I have never heard of any of this and it sounds pretty wild. May only work that way in regular CS... Haven't seen that in the Arsenal modes.

edit more on bots:
These are honestly some of the best bots (in terms of AI not just skill/lethality) I've seen. A lot of my play style is meant to confuse human players... You can't confuse bots so I find them tough to play against. For example, if I'm rushing the enemy spawn and make it there a bot will shoot me from my side of the map to his, most players wouldn't do that. Or if you take a rarely used route that obviously doesn't surprise a bot.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 4, 13:18 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August deqer
  2. Jun 4, 13:24 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Verno
  3. Jun 4, 13:28  Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August deqer
  4. Jun 4, 13:42   Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Dmitri_M
  5. Jun 4, 13:52    Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August PHJF
  6. Jun 4, 14:17    Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August nin
  16. Jun 4, 19:05     Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Sir Graves
  7. Jun 4, 14:31 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Cutter
  8. Jun 4, 14:42 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Sudbina
  9. Jun 4, 14:44  Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August nin
  10. Jun 4, 15:09 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August SirKnight
  11. Jun 4, 15:23 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August deqer
  12. Jun 4, 15:38  Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Beamer
  13. Jun 4, 16:02   Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August PHJF
  15. Jun 4, 17:32    Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August theyarecomingforyou
  14. Jun 4, 16:32 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August theglaze
>> 18. Jun 4, 20:14  Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Sepharo
  17. Jun 4, 20:11 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Sepharo
  19. Jun 4, 21:28 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Undih
  20. Jun 4, 21:42  Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Proudfoot
  21. Jun 4, 22:27   Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August PHJF
  22. Jun 4, 22:57    Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Sepharo
  28. Jun 5, 05:04    Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Fantaz
  23. Jun 4, 23:04   Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Sepharo
  24. Jun 4, 23:06 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Trevellian
  25. Jun 4, 23:12  Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Sepharo
  26. Jun 5, 00:32 Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August ^Drag0n^