Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced

Microsoft took the lid off of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist during its E3 presentation, with Alex Parizeau and Maxime Beland of Ubisoft showing off the next installment in the stealth/action series. They show Sam's enhanced command role in the next game and some of its international plotline. The command functions made use of Kinect, and a PC version of the game is not confirmed at this point. In conclusion they say: "Splinter Cell: Blacklist is the most ambitious Splinter Cell yet. It features compelling single-player, co-op, and of course, spy versus mercs. Shipping spring 2013."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 5, 2012, 02:50 Jerykk

Verno wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 15:37:
I don't really care if they get Ironside back to be honest. He's getting up there and sounded like he showed up for the VA work drunk off his ass for the last SC game I played. I think I got Conviction for like $20 on sale at some point, it was alright but they keep straying from the original formula too much for my taste. I thought Pandora Tomorrow was incredible and still play it once in awhile.

Chaos Theory. Get to it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 15:37 Verno

I don't really care if they get Ironside back to be honest. He's getting up there and sounded like he showed up for the VA work drunk off his ass for the last SC game I played. I think I got Conviction for like $20 on sale at some point, it was alright but they keep straying from the original formula too much for my taste. I thought Pandora Tomorrow was incredible and still play it once in awhile.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

10. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 15:34 nin

ASeven wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 15:29:
If the MS presentation is something to go by, this will be by far one of the worst E3s ever made. Good grief, that was painful to watch not only due to SC but everything else.

I loved when Usher kept begging people to "get up!" Soooooo painful, yet delicious.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 15:29 ASeven

If the MS presentation is something to go by, this will be by far one of the worst E3s ever made. Good grief, that was painful to watch not only due to SC but everything else.  

8. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 15:19 SirKnight

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 14:30:
As a splinter cell fan I get more depressed with each release. The first 3 were the pinnacle of being an operative. The objective was not to be seen, and you get heavily penalized if caught. That's not what I miss the most though. I miss the classic Sam Fisher character. His banter with Grimsdottir and Lambert made for some really good dialogue and his humorous yet cheesy dialogue. Now he's just another generic pissed off rogue agent. Why is he killing all the bad guys? I remember in the first three Sam was against killing, unless it was a last resort. Now it's the complete opposite.

Memorable settings and enemies from the first 3 replaced by generic middle eastern settings.

Also whatever happened to continuity. I remember Sam Fisher being in his twilight years in the first 3 game, with grey hair and slow movement. Sam Fisher was slow, to match his old age. He wasn't some Jason Bourne bullshit knockoff that he is now. Sam Fisher used to be one of my favorite game characters. Can't say the same now.

And no Michael Ironside...need I go on?

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Can't beat the original ones.

Similar things can be said about Resident Evil for me too. The first three were awesome, but after that they went in a direction I don't agree with at all.

7. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 14:30 Rattlehead

As a splinter cell fan I get more depressed with each release. The first 3 were the pinnacle of being an operative. The objective was not to be seen, and you get heavily penalized if caught. That's not what I miss the most though. I miss the classic Sam Fisher character. His banter with Grimsdottir and Lambert made for some really good dialogue and his humorous yet cheesy dialogue. Now he's just another generic pissed off rogue agent. Why is he killing all the bad guys? I remember in the first three Sam was against killing, unless it was a last resort. Now it's the complete opposite.

Memorable settings and enemies from the first 3 replaced by generic middle eastern settings.

Also whatever happened to continuity. I remember Sam Fisher being in his twilight years in the first 3 game, with grey hair and slow movement. Sam Fisher was slow, to match his old age. He wasn't some Jason Bourne bullshit knockoff that he is now. Sam Fisher used to be one of my favorite game characters. Can't say the same now.

And no Michael Ironside...need I go on?

6. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 14:06 baltar

The copies sold in those jewel cases by encore software also did not have starforce.  

5. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 13:28 Rattlehead

Shok wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 13:02:
This makes me want to reinstall Chaos Theory because that's the last Splinter Cell PC version that didn't suck ass (despite Starforce).

Take your Kinect and online only DRM and GTFO.
The digital versions do not contain Starforce.

4. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 13:15 NegaDeath

Let me help you out Ubisoft

Chaos Theory - do that
Everything after Chaos Theory - don't do that

3. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 13:08 Rhett

Lets see how many times they can throw the word "Panther" out there, this time around.  

2. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 13:06 necrosis

Splinter Cell games have been on my blacklist since the last one.

<rimshot>

1. Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Announced Jun 4, 2012, 13:02 Shok

This makes me want to reinstall Chaos Theory because that's the last Splinter Cell PC version that didn't suck ass (despite Starforce).

Take your Kinect and online only DRM and GTFO.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo