Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ground Branch Kickstarter

This Kickstarter is for Ground Branch, a tactical shooter from BlackFoot Studios that needs to raise a majority of its $425,000 goal in a few days. This trailer offers the game's pitch, and here's a quote from BlackFoot founder and original member of Red Storm Entertainment John Sonedecker: "There are a lot of people that loved Red Storm Entertainmentís original Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear and Ghost Recon but the latest incarnations of those titles just arenít what they want. To me, Ground Branch is for those people." Thanks NamecaF.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 9, 2012, 14:33 WhiteKnight77

Hopefully, GB can make the stretch goal of $700,000, we will have Coop and SP gaming out the ears and John fully intends to support the game for as long as he can. He really wants GB to be a full game with everything we gamers expect in a game.

Like many of you, I prefer Coop game types and even like MP game modes that offer objectives instead of just killing all the players on the opposite team. For me, TDM is a staple of the run and gun games and GB will be much more than that.

Even if you do not like TDM or PvP type games, it will be worth it to pledge to ensure all game modes can be included.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 8, 2012, 18:06 Ledanek

please do not hesitate to visit Ground Branch Official FAQ
[url=]http://groundbranch.com/questions-and-answers/[/url]

At this time MP is a priority for this Indie Developer.

The thing about an Indie Companies, gaming or not, its hard to hire enough staff to help you get started.

So a story teller is just not in the budget.

What Blackfoot Studio has, are a small group of SOF staff that has their own set of stories, some documented, so not.

At this moment, a Fan-Made movie will be released soon. It will highlight some stuff that got left over from the Kickstarter Video because of video compression issue.

Also visit Blackfoot Studio Community Forum to catch up on some events. [url=]http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?act=idx[/url] The Community has been up for a while.
The Community discusses other topics too: Military/ PC Hardware & Softwares/ Other Games/ and Entertainment, etc.

There is also a small Modding Thread if your into Modding Games. ATM, its mostly UDK.

Once in a while, a small cadre will fire up the old Ghost Recon Game Server and play Vanilla Maps... in case you don't have the 6-DVDs volumes of Mods from GhostRecon.net [url=]http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/mod-dvd.htm[/url]

Again, if your a Tactical Gamer, AND you want your gaming back, please partake in Ground Branch Kickstarter [url=]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch[/url]and hopefully we can fulfill Blackfoot Studio's Mantra
"Do not build your community around a game.... Build your game around a community"

23. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 5, 2012, 16:59 A Patriot

For 15 bucks? - I'm in like Flynn!

Booyah!!

22. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 4, 2012, 22:19 jimnms

Longjocks wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 17:38:
A mate of mine asked them about SP and this was the response - "BlackFoot Studios says: Right now, the game will not have a standard single player story driven campaign. We just do not have the resources to do it right. However, we do want to do it and have one designed and will be looking to add it sometime post launch."

Unfortunately that means I'm out because I'm SP only and I can't justify spending my money on a maybe, but I hope this is otherwise successful and reinvigorates a genre that pretty much doesn't exist outside of the ArmA franchise (which also sadly lacks in compelling SP).

That blows. I'd be in if this included SP and coop. I loved playing the old Rainbow 6 games from the original up to Rainbow 6 coop with friends. All the tactical elements go out the window when it's just TDM and ends up play out like Counter Strike.

What I'd really like is another SWAT game. SWAT 3 coop was the best, SWAT 4 was OK. SWAT 4 didn't have the realistic ballistics and bullet object penetration that SWAT 3 had. I remember on harder difficulties of SWAT 3 the enemy AI would shoot at you through doors and walls if they heard you coming.

I used play with a group over at SimHQ that held weekly SWAT 4 coop games. I'd love to find enough people to get some SWAT coop going.

Steam Profile

21. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 4, 2012, 17:38 Longjocks

Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 18:55:
Is this going to be a multiplayer-only game?
A mate of mine asked them about SP and this was the response - "BlackFoot Studios says: Right now, the game will not have a standard single player story driven campaign. We just do not have the resources to do it right. However, we do want to do it and have one designed and will be looking to add it sometime post launch."

Unfortunately that means I'm out because I'm SP only and I can't justify spending my money on a maybe, but I hope this is otherwise successful and reinvigorates a genre that pretty much doesn't exist outside of the ArmA franchise (which also sadly lacks in compelling SP).

20. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 4, 2012, 12:59 Dmitri_M

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 10:00:
Techie714 © wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 23:57:
Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 23:38:
If they're so involved with the military and gubment as they claim it should be asy to secure funding. And the guy is just an artist for pete sake. Definite pass.

Dumbest comment I've read in awhile....

So you don't read what you write at all in that case.

What a lame comeback

Cutter's response is a prime example of when you should just quietly slink away from a thread without saying anything.

19. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 4, 2012, 12:10 The Magician

If they're so involved with the military and gubment as they claim it should be asy to secure funding. And the guy is just an artist for pete sake. Definite pass.

Just because someone is military or ex-military, doesn't mean that the "gubment" is going to just give him money to make a game. No where does anyone make a claim to be "so involved with the military and gubment", anyway, other than that almost all of the people who've been involved with the project are mil or ex-mil.

And this "just an artist" guy has pretty much worn every single hat that can be worn by anyone in the game industry at one time or another. Project lead, designer, animator, modeler, 2d art, UI design and implementation, gameplay code, engine code, sound, effects, etc. He's a one man wrecking crew, who's had mostly sporadic part time help over the years.

18. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 4, 2012, 10:00 Cutter

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 23:57:

So you don't read what you write at all in that case.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

17. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 4, 2012, 00:46 Dmitri_M

Prez wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 00:23:
I didn't watch the whole video - does he ever mention what engine the game footage shown was shot in? It looks extremely close to R6, just spiffier. I think I will be donating.
UDK3

16. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 4, 2012, 00:23 Prez

I didn't watch the whole video - does he ever mention what engine the game footage shown was shot in? It looks extremely close to R6, just spiffier. I think I will be donating.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

15. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 23:57 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

14. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 23:48 Dmitri_M

The military does not pay for "fun" games. "Tactical shooters" are aimed at gamers. The military does not care about tac shooters, at all. They don't even require the sort of realism or attention to detail in this genre because...they can just go to a staging area or a warzone and do the real thing.
If the military gave financing to this it'd have a contract 4000 pages long and only be released in 10 years time.

The titles aimed at the military are boring as hell and don't feature anything a gamer would want.

American's Army was an exception but it was designed as a recruitment tool, and that series is essentially dead. No funding, son.

I love tac shooters but..I have zero interest in the military. I know nothing about guns. I just like challenging fps titles where you die quick and the tension is high in coop cause you've got to play carefully.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2012, 00:05.

13. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 23:43 Jerykk

You don't know the scale of the projects they worked with the government on. You also don't know if they're still working on those projects. Just because you're making a tactical shooter doesn't mean the military will automatically pay for it. Also, the guy isn't just an artist. He was the lead level designer for the first two R6 games.

12. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 23:38 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 23:04 The Magician

If you like the real tac ops games, this is gonna blow your brains. The guys involved are the Real Deal and if they can spend the time necessary on it, this game will be freaking amazing. Just listen to the sounds in the video. These guys are quite capable of doing amazing visuals as well.

10. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 20:10 Techie714 ©

Backed! Looks really good!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 19:12 Dmitri_M

Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 18:55:
Nope. The initial release will be multiplayer only but the whole point with a tac shooter is coop.. They mention AI and coop a couple of times on the page and that it'll be added later.

8. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 18:55 Jerykk

7. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 18:41 Rea1One

I've supported many kickstarter games but just looks terrible, won't be backing.  

6. Re: Ground Branch Kickstarter Jun 3, 2012, 17:58 Wowbagger_TIP

DrEvil wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 16:48:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 16:43:
That's a pretty steep goal for 3 days. Why do they need to do that? I didn't see anything skimming the KS page. Is it explained in the video?

It says 33 days when I visit the page (Deadline is FRIDAY JUL 6). Where's the 3 days coming from? I think there was a glitch in the Matrix...

Hah. Comes from me misreading apparently. Read it as June 6, rather than July 6. My mistake

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo