Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Mobilization

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 18:52 Jdrez

The notion that the USA, or the world, will ever be post-racism is laughable at best.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 10:02 zirik

CommunistHamster wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 05:38:
We're clearly not post-racism because trivial stuff like this still makes headlines.

no we're not. the day blacks in the north east corner of our country stop referring to my eldest son as "jap boy" in school because of his eyes is the day when i will care about what genetic material lies underneath a dark skinned individual. it even surprised me that the words "jap boy" didnt alarm his black teachers. until then, lets just enjoy the simplicity of identifying by skin color.

15. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 05:38 CommunistHamster

We're clearly not post-racism because trivial stuff like this still makes headlines.  

14. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 05:20 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 23:44:
Yeah, cause I've always had such an overwhelming desire to play a black chick in a game. Spare us your liberal ethnic/gender sensibilities Ubisoft. Such a boneheaded move it boggles the mind. It's one thing to provide people a choice, it's another entirely to foist it on them. Definite pass.

What about Alyx Vance from Half Life 2?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 04:12 zirik

Klaus Flouride wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 01:39:
She is Creole or Cajun at best, not black. The title of the article is misleading. Stupid ass media can't even tell the difference between someone who is mix and someone who isn't. Next they will be saying Ezio is white.

the article did mention her origin so i dont know why you say they are misleading. i know using the word black is a broad generalization but its done to other races as well. take it for what its worth. they got your attention but not enough to read the article.

The game is subtitled Liberation, and it will feature a French woman of African descent named Aveline in the Louisiana city of New Orleans.

12. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 01:39 Klaus Flouride

She is Creole or Cajun at best, not black. The title of the article is misleading. Stupid ass media can't even tell the difference between someone who is mix and someone who isn't. Next they will be saying Ezio is white.  

When all else fails empty the magazine...

11. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 00:18 Sepharo

I figure they're going for French mullato.  

10. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 00:07 PHJF

Yeah, cause I've always had such an overwhelming desire to play a black chick in a game. Spare us your liberal ethnic/gender sensibilities Ubisoft. Such a boneheaded move it boggles the mind. It's one thing to provide people a choice, it's another entirely to foist it on them. Definite pass.

Not sure if serious...

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. the security of the preciousssssss Jun 4, 2012, 00:06 space captain

its a matter of scale.. think about a fruit fly  
Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 00:03 mag

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 23:44:

Oh my god. Cry some moar. What about all of the games that make you play a white guy? Or a black guy? Or a white woman?

7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 4, 2012, 00:01 Crustacean Soup

Great, now we've got the 'not black enough' and the 'too black' complaints covered.  

6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 3, 2012, 23:44 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 3, 2012, 22:32 space captain

Iím bliggidy Black blacker than black black and Iím Blacker than black, yíall.  
Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: Black female protagonist in Assassin's Creed: Liberation Jun 3, 2012, 22:01 theyarecomingforyou

Narf2029 wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 18:22:
They call that black? I'm sorry but that just makes me think of a room full of old white guys in suits where someone pitched the idea of a "colored person" to broaden their user base, but they lost their nerve when they were about to go past the tanned-white-girl mark.
+1 It's simply a box ticking exercise for their ethnic diversity quota.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 3, 2012, 19:42 Parallax Abstraction

Rea1One wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 18:50:
I've had ICS for a few months now and wouldn't dream of going back to 3. Just like Windows won't go back to an earlier version either.

Wait till Windows 8.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 3, 2012, 18:50 Rea1One

I've had ICS for a few months now and wouldn't dream of going back to 3. Just like Windows won't go back to an earlier version either.  

1. Black female protagonist in Assassin's Creed: Liberation Jun 3, 2012, 18:22 Narf2029

They call that black? I'm sorry but that just makes me think of a room full of old white guys in suits where someone pitched the idea of a "colored person" to broaden their user base, but they lost their nerve when they were about to go past the tanned-white-girl mark. Maybe she'll look different in the game but it just seems like a half-effort.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo