Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

View
10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2012, 17:54 MadBoris

space captain wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 14:38:
MadBoris wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 11:55:
Consoles have been limiting PC advancement quite a bit for many years and you can't get away from that reality. I have been saying it for ten years, people still don't get it.

its very obvious that the game was limited by the console development.. just as many others - im not sure which "people" you are referring to, but most here at blues have been aware of this since it began happening - the people who deny it are flat out morons, end of story

another thing that has been happening for about 25 years is the dumbing down of pc games in general, weve spoke about this many times here .. its a dead horse now

i first noticed it when they removed the text parser from the old sierra quest games... its been continuous appeal to the lowest common denominator since then, for the most part - although there will always be minority resisters

That's why I like it here.
And yet there is no end to the ignorance that keeps cropping out around the interwebs, even Blue's is hooked into it.
There's always a new reader here or there.

I can't expect them to make two separate games, that's essentially what it would take to leverage the PC's of the last few years, these days.

Back in the day I used to fight for the cause, hard to stop still sometimes it seems, until I was undermined by kids throwing money at pubs.

We can't see a console refresh too soon for my 64 bit 8 thread CPU, 8GB RAM, 2GB Vid RAM to finally be woken up. I'm more excited about it than console fanboys prolly.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 2, 17:26 Re: Saturday Tech Bits Fantaz
  2. Jun 2, 18:07  Re: Saturday Tech Bits 4D-Boxing
  3. Jun 2, 19:58  Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jerykk
  7. Jun 3, 11:35  Re: Saturday Tech Bits MadBoris
  4. Jun 2, 21:28 Re: Saturday Tech Bits space captain
  8. Jun 3, 11:55  Re: Saturday Tech Bits MadBoris
  9. Jun 3, 14:38   Re: Saturday Tech Bits space captain
>> 10. Jun 3, 17:54    Re: Saturday Tech Bits MadBoris
  5. Jun 3, 03:00 Re: Saturday Tech Bits Rea1One
  6. Jun 3, 05:44  Re: Saturday Tech Bits Bludd