Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2012, 17:54 MadBoris

space captain wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 14:38:
MadBoris wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 11:55:
Consoles have been limiting PC advancement quite a bit for many years and you can't get away from that reality. I have been saying it for ten years, people still don't get it.

its very obvious that the game was limited by the console development.. just as many others - im not sure which "people" you are referring to, but most here at blues have been aware of this since it began happening - the people who deny it are flat out morons, end of story

another thing that has been happening for about 25 years is the dumbing down of pc games in general, weve spoke about this many times here .. its a dead horse now

i first noticed it when they removed the text parser from the old sierra quest games... its been continuous appeal to the lowest common denominator since then, for the most part - although there will always be minority resisters

That's why I like it here.
And yet there is no end to the ignorance that keeps cropping out around the interwebs, even Blue's is hooked into it.
There's always a new reader here or there.

I can't expect them to make two separate games, that's essentially what it would take to leverage the PC's of the last few years, these days.

Back in the day I used to fight for the cause, hard to stop still sometimes it seems, until I was undermined by kids throwing money at pubs.

We can't see a console refresh too soon for my 64 bit 8 thread CPU, 8GB RAM, 2GB Vid RAM to finally be woken up. I'm more excited about it than console fanboys prolly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2012, 14:38 space captain

MadBoris wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 11:55:
Consoles have been limiting PC advancement quite a bit for many years and you can't get away from that reality. I have been saying it for ten years, people still don't get it.

its very obvious that the game was limited by the console development.. just as many others - im not sure which "people" you are referring to, but most here at blues have been aware of this since it began happening - the people who deny it are flat out morons, end of story

another thing that has been happening for about 25 years is the dumbing down of pc games in general, weve spoke about this many times here .. its a dead horse now

i first noticed it when they removed the text parser from the old sierra quest games... its been continuous appeal to the lowest common denominator since then, for the most part - although there will always be minority resisters

Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2012, 11:55 MadBoris

space captain wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 21:28:
it looks pretty good.. while the textures are awesome and all that, the raw geometry of the maps is still very basic

I guess it's one thing to not compress textures too much, it's another thing all together to redo all the 3d objects and polys from start to finish. It's understandable, can't redo all the levels and assets that were made for the 360. But that's where the tessellation steps in atleast to help curves where needed.

Atleast when the next consoles come out the PC will finally get leveraged again, well for a year or so.

7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2012, 11:35 MadBoris

Fantaz wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 17:26:
Reviews have to mention all those technical details? Because gamers must know about SSAO, HDAO, FXAA, phong lighting model, etc.

Many of us gamers understand gaming far beyond that, because ignorance is not bliss.

For years I have been amazed how much dumber the avg. gamer are getting on how games work, especially the console crowd. It's what the publishers and developers want because the ignorant are easy to manipulate with art tricks rather than real technical know how and skill.
They deserve it if they enjoy staying in ignorance.

Back when this site was born, we were all very interested to learn how 3D/games worked, and many dug in.

Props to Rockstar for not just being greedy and throwing the port together, which ignorant gamers, who know little of game development, accept too willingly these days.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2012, 11:42.

6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2012, 05:44 Bludd

Rea1One wrote on Jun 3, 2012, 03:00:
Running high setting DX11 and its very optimized, Looking forward to GTA V.
If only they could port GTA IV to the new engine which supports AA.

5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2012, 03:00 Rea1One

Running high setting DX11 and its very optimized, Looking forward to GTA V.  

4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 2, 2012, 21:28 space captain

it looks pretty good.. while the textures are awesome and all that, the raw geometry of the maps is still very basic  
Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 2, 2012, 19:58 Jerykk

Reviews have to mention all those technical details? Because gamers must know about SSAO, HDAO, FXAA, phong lighting model, etc.

Yes? This was obviously a review of the game's image quality and performance, as the title of the article clearly states. This is pretty important info, as Rockstar's last few ports (Bully, GTA4 and LA Noire) have been pretty crappy and mainstream reviews tend to ignore things like framerate caps, missing AA, missing/broken SLI/CF support, etc.

2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 2, 2012, 18:07 4D-Boxing

Yes since its a performance review. They are looking at how demanding the game is on hardware not reviewing the actual gameplay etc..

That site does not review games its a hardware site.

1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 2, 2012, 17:26 Fantaz

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo