Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 3 Confirmed

IGN officially confirms Dead Space 3 to the extent that a third game in a trilogy needs confirmation. They say EA will stream footage from the horror-themed shooter sequel during their press conference from E3 on Monday at 4:00 pm EDT. They also promise a showing of the entire demonstration of the game from the show floor at some point after that.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 2, 2012, 02:11 Dmitri_M

Fantaz wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 00:18:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 00:02:
Fantaz wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 22:52:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 18:39:
Verno wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 15:32:
it totally ruins the element of isolation which provides a lot of the tension in the first place.
Yeah the leaked shots make it look like a straight up action game. The characters look less like engineers and much more like soldiers.

Dead Space 3: Army of Two?

Funny, but sad... because it's true. We know EA all too well.
Yeah my emoticon was more "waaaaaaaa" than "hahaha".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 2, 2012, 00:18 Fantaz

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 00:02:
it totally ruins the element of isolation which provides a lot of the tension in the first place.
Yeah the leaked shots make it look like a straight up action game. The characters look less like engineers and much more like soldiers.

Funny, but sad... because it's true. We know EA all too well.

12. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 2, 2012, 00:02 Dmitri_M

11. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 22:52 Fantaz

10. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 21:56 jacobvandy

I didn't say "high and mighty" like he's full of himself and overconfident. He's picked up combat skills in several trials-by-fire, i.e. he knows what he's doing now. At least in general, who knows what kind of weird enemies and situations he'll be facing next time.  

9. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 21:27 Dmitri_M

As long as the third is as good as the first and second then it's fine. Character progression is somewhat meaningless in the Dead Space world though. The story was threadbare. They could easily find a way to have him back on some ship floating around alone.

This is the only current game series I've cared about over the past few years.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2012, 21:33.

8. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 21:24 Kitkoan

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 19:59:

And I would argue that fits just fine into the storyline and character progression of Isaac Clarke... After so much time spent shootin' monsters of all shapes and sizes, he'd better be carrying himself more like a badass soldier than a timid technician.

I admit I have only played the first one, but if the second one is similar then I would think the opposite. I would think he would be more timid and starting to show signs of a mild form of schizophrenia. Sure he survived but like many whom were drafted/thrown into wars and not prepared better for it with things like training for a while, it takes a huge mental toll. Those people don't come out thinking themselves all high and mighty like a badass soldier.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

7. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 19:59 jacobvandy

And I would argue that fits just fine into the storyline and character progression of Isaac Clarke... After so much time spent shootin' monsters of all shapes and sizes, he'd better be carrying himself more like a badass soldier than a timid technician.

6. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 19:03 Mashiki Amiketo

I've yet to start or finish the second one. I should do that sometime, the first one wasn't bad.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 18:39 Dmitri_M

4. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 15:32 Verno

I really love Dead Space so I'm in. I don't care about co-op in horror games though, it totally ruins the element of isolation which provides a lot of the tension in the first place.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

3. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 15:02 Agent.X7

I'm happy, because I love the Dead Space series, but at the same time...derp. Really, you're confirming a game everyone knew was coming. Thanks, Captain Obvious!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 10:41 Acleacius

Less console more PC!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Re: Dead Space 3 Confirmed Jun 1, 2012, 10:36 StingingVelvet

Dead Space was a flawed classic. Dead Space 2 was magnificent. I am worried coop will take away from the singleplayer here, but I have faith enough in this team to pick this game up on day one.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo