Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rift Expands This Autumn

Trion World announces Rift: Storm Legion, an expansion coming to their MMORPG Rift in the autumn, adding new territories and stories to the game:

This fall, players of Trion World’s award-winning massively multiplayer online role playing game, Rift™, will face the dragon lord Crucia and her army of enchanted followers in Rift: Storm Legion™, the game’s first expansion pack. Storm Legion will feature an increased level cap, two new continents, additional souls, and a new storyline that is sure to mesmerize and challenge even the most seasoned Rift players.

“The world of Telara is massive and sprawling, and players have only experienced a slice of what it has to offer,” said Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer and Trion’s Chief Creative Officer. “Storm Legion is the next chapter in the Rift adventure, and takes players deeper than ever before. The expansion offers players an incredible amount of content – new zones, huge overland boss fights featuring hundreds of players, and ‘Dimensions’ a feature akin to housing that lets players socialize with friends in their own customizable space.”

In Rift: Storm Legion, Crucia – the Queen of Storms – prepares to wreak havoc on the Ascended of Telara. Now that they have wiped out most of her Blood Storm competition, the time for Crucia to reveal her full power is at hand. Players will explore huge, previously inaccessible continents where they’ll fight to take down Crucia before she brings her legion from the Plane of Air through the mysterious Infinity Gate.

Rift: Storm Legion features:

A VAST NEW WORLD
• Adventure across two huge new continents that more than triple the size of the existing world
• Experience epic stories that reveal the true power in Telara … and the gateway to the planes
• Make your move to the island city of Tempest Bay, a new stronghold for both Guardians and Defiant

10 MORE LEVELS, 4 MORE SOULS
• A new Soul for each Calling expands the Ascended Class System – build the hero you want!
• Rise to new heights of power through 10 challenging levels, increasing the level cap to 60
• Play your way! Choose how you level with questing and Instant Adventure everywhere, onslaughts, rifts, events, and more

BRAVE THE STORM
• Achieve greatness with 7 new dungeons, 3 raids, a Chronicle, and more!
• Join the Hunt: New rift gameplay propels you into battling increasingly-challenging planar bosses
• Fight legions of fantastic creatures, including a Colossus that interacts with – and ravages – the world like you’ve never seen

MAKE TELARA YOUR OWN
• Dimensions: Customizable spaces allow players and guilds to own a sliver of Telara
• Take your professions to new heights with Grandmaster crafting
• Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes
• New puzzles, artifacts and collectibles, achievements, mounts, pets, titles, and much more

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 2, 2012, 21:21 Acleacius

Damn, now you guys got me thinking about playing Rift again, too!

Think the server our group was playing, on got changed into a New Player server. Just couldn't keep playing TOR as much as I wanted to see all the stories, there was just too much crap in between.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 2, 2012, 18:23 Illumin

To me Rift was great it did many things right, BUT it just didn't have that magic that made me miss it when I wasn't playing it. One thing that did annoy me was how liner it was. Other than that they had a ton of cool things but eh it just didn't grab me.  

12. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 2, 2012, 09:33 Sepharo

Glad to see I'm not the only one who considers Rift the best MMO I've played. I still think about resubscribing every now and then.

I've played a bit of UO, WoW, SWG, AoC, EQ2, Aion, SWTOR... but Rift is the only one I look at and think... "Why did I stop playing that? So much fun."

The reason was that my coworkers started scheduling raids and that's always when it starts feeling like a job with time commitments like that... I just dropped out. I think I would love solo'ing through the non-endgame content again.

11. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 20:11 ColoradoHoudini

Ya know.. I am going to reinstall Rift this weekend. I've talked myself into it!  

10. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 18:24 Turglar

So did they abandon any pretense of PVP support? I don't see anything that sounds like content for PVPers.  

9. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 16:51 Akando

I played the free 20 lvls and really enjoyed it, so I subscribed, and no regrets. It's a decent MMO. My only complaint is, there are too many games and not enough time! Ugh!  

8. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 14:06 eunichron

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:41:
I will say.. aside from WoW in my glory days there (your opinion will vary).. Rift was by far and away the bet MMO experience I had. I felt the game did just about everything right.
I was an end-game raider though, so I always had stuff to do. From the Expert Rifts, to Raid Rifts, to Raid dungeons..to world events. I left the game due to guild issues (our guild got consumed by another guild in a hostile takeover).. but if I found another good guild to play with, I'd definitely come back.

In fact.. if Planetside 2/GW 2 bores me around the time this expansion comes out.. I'm jumping back on the Rift train. It really was/is a fantastic game.

(I missed the one-man chronicle stuff.. and whatever else was added after the first -added in- raid ..the one with the portal to get in)

Going to agree with this. At the moment Rift is by far the best MMO out right now, but there are two things preventing me from playing; bad class design for the warrior (which is what I played, and I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet), and monthly fee (just can't afford it at the moment, otherwise I'd gladly pay).

If I wasn't already sold on GW2 I would definitely be playing Rift for my MMO fix.

7. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 12:53 Acleacius

Xil wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:57:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:16:
Yeah too bad, release didn't go better.

I thought rift had the best release for a mmorpg ever ? I know I read around that time that they sort of set a new standard on how smooth a release should go ... can't find that article now though....
Thought they had too many servers which caused a few to become overloaded. Lots of long que times and lots of crashing during big Rift events. Not to mention the other side, of the low population servers not able to group or even complete quests due to NPC quest bases being overrun by mobs and monoliths impossible to defeat solo.

Maybe I've just remembering incorrectly? Don't get me wrong, I liked the game, well as long as I was on the Guardian side and didn't have to put up with the asinine Defiant story. You know turn the citizens into zombies! For what to study or fight for you as troops cause zombies are better than regular citizens? Who are these citizens, the ones they are fighting *for* so the Defiant can have slaves or are they just their family members?

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2012, 12:59.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 12:34 Cutter

Enh, Rift is ok IMO, not bad, nor great, just ok. Whilst I prefer the more classic style bards found in games like Vanguard the bards in Rift were pretty decent fun to play.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 11:57 Xil

Acleacius wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:16:
Yeah too bad, release didn't go better.

I thought rift had the best release for a mmorpg ever ? I know I read around that time that they sort of set a new standard on how smooth a release should go ... can't find that article now though....

4. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 11:41 ColoradoHoudini

I will say.. aside from WoW in my glory days there (your opinion will vary).. Rift was by far and away the bet MMO experience I had. I felt the game did just about everything right.
I was an end-game raider though, so I always had stuff to do. From the Expert Rifts, to Raid Rifts, to Raid dungeons..to world events. I left the game due to guild issues (our guild got consumed by another guild in a hostile takeover).. but if I found another good guild to play with, I'd definitely come back.

In fact.. if Planetside 2/GW 2 bores me around the time this expansion comes out.. I'm jumping back on the Rift train. It really was/is a fantastic game.

(I missed the one-man chronicle stuff.. and whatever else was added after the first -added in- raid ..the one with the portal to get in)

3. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 11:16 Acleacius

Yeah too bad, release didn't go better. I did hate being stuck on the Defiant side, the story was just beyond idiotic. The group I played with were guilded on Defiant side.

It never seemed like a good idea to divide the game population with two sides, weakens grouping far too much. I remember Everquest did it but not sure if they did it first.

2. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 10:39 ledhead1969

Had to quit, game was like crack. Haters gonna hate but Rift is the best MMO out right now.  

1. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 10:13 Angrius Maximis

WOOPTY DOO!

A new city to make the other one a ghost town
10 more boring levels with shitty character animations
and a level cap increase!

HOW ORIGINAL!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..