Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well look at that, it's June 1st already! This means E3 is next week, and summer starts in just a few weeks. It also means today is the deadline for MrsBlue to tell her work whether we are accepting their offer to relocate to the west coast. We vacillated wildly on making this decision, but at this point have decided we will decline, and continue to inflict our presence on the east coast. It's conceivable that they will go all Don Corleone on us and make her an offer she cannot refuse, but barring that we plan on staying put.

Stationary Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Nutty Mania.
Links: CEREBUS: High Society Kickstarter. Thanks nin.
Your home deadbolt-locks are totally ineffective.
Science: NASA Predicts Our Milky Way Galaxy Will Collide With Andromeda In 4B Years.
In offices, men have more cooties than women, study says.
'Old Person Smell'- Study Confirms You Can Recognize Age By Scent.
MC Mjolnir.
There is no Dana.
Media: Game Of Thrones Soundtrack - Squeaky Toys Edition.
TED Talks: Track Your Trackers.
Biker draggin his helmet while cornering.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Deadbolt locks Jun 1, 2012, 16:45 jdreyer

That's an eye-opener. And a door-opener.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 16:43 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 09:55:
Much as I always enjoy visiting Califony I don't think I'd ever want to live there. Once a nor'easterner always a nor'easterner.

Welllll, if your company offered to relocate you to Hawaii, you'd refuse?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 13:40 zirik

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 09:58:
I'm almost disappointed I won't be hearing about your west coast adventures, but it's totally understandable you don't want to move away from family, friends

couldnt agree more. being far away from family and friends could weigh in more than a career move. of all the places i have lived in i prefer the evergreen state for its beauty and clean air. but i always end up going back to smoggy southern california because thats where my family lives.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 12:58 Ratty

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 12:34:
California seems like it'd be more fun to visit than live in.
The thing I like about living in California is there is all types of country here: rural, forests, mountains, deserts, busy metropolitan areas, tiny secluded hamlets. So if I want a change of pace it's never too long a drive away. Southern California, I love to visit it and always have a blast when I'm there (I adopt my naughty "vacation persona") but wow, I could not imagine anything worse than living there.

So excited for you Blue that you get to stay in your lifelong home. But I imagine now that's almost as scary as moving would have been - unless they make that Don Corleone offer or they manage to find a place for MrsBlue in NY.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 12:34 Silicon Avatar

California seems like it'd be more fun to visit than live in.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 11:59 Acleacius

Kinfolk said "Blue move away from there"
Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

Well now its time to say good by to Blue and all his kin.
And they would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.
You're all invited back a gain to this locality
To have a heapin helpin of their hospitality

Hillybilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 11:46 Bill Borre

It's probably for the best. The congestion here is terrible, and with all the driving situation blogs you've posted, I think you would've been miserable.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 11:35 Shineyguy

Eh, all the west coasters move at a snails' pace Blue; you're better off staying out here where things get done, and get done quickly. (Except road works. That's universally slow no matter where you are).  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 10:49 Mr. Tact

Ahh, I was looking forward to moving stories. Oh well -- hope things work out for the best.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 10:23 xmb1121

I think you are better off for staying put, too. I love the West Coast, but it just doesn't sound like a good fit for you guys...unless they included a special room filled with money and Bawls.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 10:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Not too surprised there Blue, having been out on the US west coast recently(in April) on my way to the asshole of nowhere in the middle of far-north Canada, it's not even the westcost that I remember as a kid in the 80's. You'll like sticking it out on the EC better. Speaking of E3 I haven't been to one since '98, when I actually got paid to go to stuff like that.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 09:58 nin

I'm almost disappointed I won't be hearing about your west coast adventures, but it's totally understandable you don't want to move away from family, friends, and stuff all your belongings in boxes and drive across the country.

The important thing as that you're both happy with your decision, and it sounds like you are. So good for you both!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 09:55 Cutter

Much as I always enjoy visiting Califony I don't think I'd ever want to live there. Once a nor'easterner always a nor'easterner.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 09:49 Capella

Yea I didn't really think you guys would pick up and move across the country.

On an unrelated note my friend got to go interview with the higher ups in California last week. He emailed me last night to say he then had another phone interview yesterday. I asked him if he was sure this was not a secret government job lol. He said he might turn it down just for the hell of it. I am going to tell him I know he is not that stupid!

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo