Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars 1313 Revealed

Though this GameTrailers TV Page now offers the May 18th episode of the show, Joystiq reports it briefly offered a description of tomorrow's show, which reads: "E3 begins on GTTV with the Star Wars 1313 announcement and new trailers from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, Guardians of Middle-Earth, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, and Dishonored." Star Wars 1313 would then seem to be the the expected Star Wars E3 game reveal, and Joystiq points out that Boba Fett once used the alias "CT-1313," so this game may be somehow based on the enigmatic bounty hunter. They also note that that LucasArts has registered the domain StarWars1313.com. Thanks nin via Kotaku.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 2, 2012, 01:17 Fantaz

Crustacean Soup wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 18:05:
Star Wars 1313 emphasizes epic set pieces

Good sign when this is mentioned before anything vaguely gameplay-related.

We will have huge worlds!! Of epic proportions... but devoid of anything fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 18:05 Crustacean Soup

Star Wars 1313 emphasizes epic set pieces

Good sign when this is mentioned before anything vaguely gameplay-related.

24. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 13:29 Verno

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:23:
Seems like there's about a 90% chance this will suck. Oh, and just noticed this: "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance". Really? That's what they're calling it?

Kingdoms of Metal Gear Vengeance: Re-Reckoning II

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

23. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 11:23 Wowbagger_TIP

Seems like there's about a 90% chance this will suck. Oh, and just noticed this: "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance". Really? That's what they're calling it?  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

22. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 10:50 Fletch

Great... more third-person console dreck.

The next Lucasarts game I buy will be PC Tie Fighter (after I see some reviews).

21. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 09:51 Total-Khaos

LucasArts Drops Gamers into the Criminal Underworld with New Mature Themed Videogame Franchise, Star Wars 1313™

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif - May 31, 2012 - LucasArts, a Lucasfilm Ltd. company, announced today a new internally developed videogame franchise, Star Wars 1313™. The game will make its formal debut at the 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles June 5-7. As players take control of a lethal bounty hunter in a never-before-seen dark and mature world, Star Wars 1313 introduces an integrated development approach by bringing together great artists across the Lucasfilm organization, including LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. and Skywalker Sound. A third person cinematic action adventure game, Star Wars 1313 will bring to life the Coruscant underworld, the most dangerous place in the Star Wars™ galaxy.

Named for Level 1313, a ruthless criminal underground deep below the surface of the planet of Coruscant, the game puts players in control of a deadly bounty hunter as he uses an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down his marks and uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy. Star Wars 1313 emphasizes epic set pieces and fast-paced combat with a hero who uses human skills and gadgets, rather than supernatural Force powers, to make his way through this dangerous world.

"We're excited to share one of the projects LucasArts has been hard at work developing," said Paul Meegan, President, LucasArts. "Star Wars 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit. We are committed to bringing the best gameplay experience and visual fidelity to life and I truly believe the work we are showcasing at E3 will speak for itself."

More details about Star Wars 1313 will surface in the coming months. Visit www.StarWars1313.com for the latest updates.

That is the official press release.

20. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 09:47 nin

OldTimber wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 07:54:
THANK YOU! someone else thinks like I do about Fett.
Wildone wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 02:53:
Great, a game about a bounty hunter that completely sucked in all the movies and who got his ass kicked repeatedly.

Hey! At least we know how the game ends. Or did Lucas retcon that too?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 09:28 Shineyguy

OldTimber wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 07:56:
Oh well was hoping it was a announcement of Turbine working on a new SW MMO so it wouldn't suck. Or maybe Trion as they seem to have their crap together with Rift also.

Not going to happen with The Old Republic out there. Don't forget, Galaxies was shut down because The Old Republic was releasing.

18. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 07:56 OldTimber

Oh well was hoping it was a announcement of Turbine working on a new SW MMO so it wouldn't suck. Or maybe Trion as they seem to have their crap together with Rift also.  

17. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 07:54 OldTimber

THANK YOU! someone else thinks like I do about Fett.
Great, a game about a bounty hunter that completely sucked in all the movies and who got his ass kicked repeatedly.

16. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 07:08 RailWizard

Cutter wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 01:54:
Fantaz wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 01:46:
I am so sick of Kotaku/Joystiq/G4/GameTrailers... can these places just die?

Get RailWaizard to stab them in their respective faces after he does in Lucas.

You do have to admit, in Lucas's case at least, it would be a divine level of karma being returned to him.

15. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 06:29 panbient

All I want to know is if we'll be getting digested at the end of the game due to some Three Stooges level of slapstick action.

14. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 05:39 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 04:45:
Thats the beauty of gaming these days, no you dont!
You have to ... if you want the money from the masses.

Basically if you have a good marketing campaign with some good CGI and the full weight of a Star Wars licence behind you you can sell 1 million pre-orders without breaking a sweat! Its paradoxical, but it also happens to be true. Why do you think so many developers get away with basically taking a huge fucking dump in a retail box and still make a buck??? It can also work the other way around, making a good game, selling it to break even and then letting the game's quality do all the marketing work for you.
I couldn't agree more But top managers of major publishers, especially managers at LucasArts, don't think that way because they are not forced to do so. Business still works that classical Triple A retail way.

13. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 04:45 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 04:02:
InBlack wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 03:41:
I beg to differ, everyone and their mother has heard of Tie Fighter by now.
There is a difference between "has heard of" and "wants to play". I have heard many things of Zynga games like Farmville, but boy, do i have no interest in playing this kind of game at all.

That said ... to get the money of LucasArts newest target group, you have to rape and twist Tie Fighter into a simple action-arcade game.

Thats the beauty of gaming these days, no you dont! Basically if you have a good marketing campaign with some good CGI and the full weight of a Star Wars licence behind you you can sell 1 million pre-orders without breaking a sweat! Its paradoxical, but it also happens to be true. Why do you think so many developers get away with basically taking a huge fucking dump in a retail box and still make a buck??? It can also work the other way around, making a good game, selling it to break even and then letting the game's quality do all the marketing work for you.

Good games sell thesedays. I hope that publishers eventually catch on to this....

I have a nifty blue line!

12. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 04:29 Spektr

hmmm. A ruthless bounty hunter who hunts his marks and explores the criminal underworld of the galaxy. I've seen that somewhere. Oh yes it's called Prey 2 it would seem.... haha when I read that story about Bethesda kicking Human head studios out of the project I said something like "stick a Star Wars skin on your models and go sell your game to Lucasart." It's either too late or they are the ones doing it :p  

11. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 04:02 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 03:41:
I beg to differ, everyone and their mother has heard of Tie Fighter by now.
There is a difference between "has heard of" and "wants to play". I have heard many things of Zynga games like Farmville, but boy, do i have no interest in playing this kind of game at all.

That said ... to get the money of LucasArts newest target group, you have to rape and twist Tie Fighter into a simple action-arcade game.

10. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 03:41 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 01:52:
Rigs wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 01:45:
Why is it the games we want most are the games no one wants to make?!
Because "we" are not enough. "We" are too small a group for a publisher like LucasArts who wants to sell bazillions of games to the biggest target group. Which isn't "us".

I beg to differ, everyone and their mother has heard of Tie Fighter by now. Word of mouth does this in the digital age, even those gamers who are too young and have never played the brilliant game have heard rumours about the mysterious Tie Fighter. Not to mention the fact that EVERYTHING Star Wars related sells like fucking hot cakes....

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 02:53 Wildone

8. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 02:36 NegaDeath

Updated preview:

"After being leaked earlier this evening, Star Wars 1313 has been officially revealed by Lucasarts. A teaser image for the game reveals what looks like an original trilogy-era shuttle, which may mean the game could take place – at least in part – during the era of everyone's favorite series characters.

A press release for Star Wars 1313 says the game is a third-person cinematic action game, set in "Level 1313, a ruthless criminal underground deep below the surface of the planet of Coruscant," and the player will control "a deadly bounty hunter as he uses an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down his marks and uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy." LucasArts says the game will emphasize Star Wars' "dark and mature" elements, and show off "a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit."

In other words, it sounds a lot like the Force Unleashed games, but from the perspective of a bounty hunter instead of a Jedi. We'll hear more at E3 next week, no doubt."

7. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 02:34 Prez

Wan't there already a Boba Fett-themed third person action game for consoles?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo