Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Humble Indie Bundle V

Humble Indie Bundle V is now available, offering the chance to support charity and indie gaming while getting a bargain in the process. Here's word: "Five incredible, best-selling games. Humble Indie Bundle V features five modern masterpieces and their soundtracks. Experience the fear and paranoia of Amnesia: The Dark Descent; the intensity and impact of LIMBO; the zany characters of Psychonauts; the future-retro, audiovisual concoction of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP; and, for customers who pay more than the average price, the exquisitely crafted action-RPG, Bastion."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Jun 1, 2012, 20:24 killer_roach

mongrol wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 05:35:
LIMBO for linux runs it in wine from a bash script. Linux users should avoid this out of protest. This bundle is deceptively not cross platform.

As opposed to it not running at all, which is preferable?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Jun 1, 2012, 17:04 Zoom

Too bad i already own and finished each one of these... Fantastic bundle indeed. Very highly recommended.  

9. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Jun 1, 2012, 11:14 Fletch

Great bundle! Almost $2 million already and still over 13 days to go.

8. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V Jun 1, 2012, 05:35 mongrol

LIMBO for linux runs it in wine from a bash script. Linux users should avoid this out of protest. This bundle is deceptively not cross platform.  
The Loose Bandit

7. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V May 31, 2012, 22:50 Jerykk

Great bundle. The last few Humble Bundles were pretty underwhelming but this more than makes up for it. I already have all the games except Sword & Sworcery but I'll pick up the bundle anyway for the soundtracks.  

6. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V May 31, 2012, 22:24 Dev

I have most of the games in this bundle, so I'll probably pass.
jimnms wrote on May 31, 2012, 22:04:
These indie bundles need to coordinate and not all come out at the same time. I just bought the Indie Royale bundle,
That would require someone to be in charge of all these. The reason there are so many indie bundles is because they are popular. Everyone saw how good that humble bundle was doing and started their own bundle setup. In fact, even if two bundle companies knew they were going to conflict, they might not agree to coordinate, one would probably be interested in taking sales away from the other. Plus, the bundle companies don't have a problem with someone having to buy a game more than once. And after all, the bundle price is often as low as $1 for the steam codes.

Short form: Not going to happen.

5. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V May 31, 2012, 22:04 jimnms

nin wrote on May 31, 2012, 21:04:
Grabbed this for Superbrothers and the soundtracks. Assuming you don't have at least two of those, its a heck of a deal.

I already have Amnesia and LIMBO, but it's still worth it to pick up Bastion and Superbrothers.

These indie bundles need to coordinate and not all come out at the same time. I just bought the Indie Royale bundle, picked up a couple of games from the Because we May sale. The Indy Gala bundle is going too, there's also a new Groupees bundle and Bundle in a Box.

So many games, so little time. I've been trying out some mods for a new Fallout New Vegas play since I haven't played through with the DLC since picking those up on sale.

Steam Profile

4. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V May 31, 2012, 21:56 nin

I wish I could have gotten gift codes for the games I already had, but it's not a big deal. I'd been eyeing Superbrothers since it came out, and despite the demo not really holding my interest, I'm going to give Bastion another shot, based on the universal praise it got.

But yeah, this bundle in particular seemed strong, compared to the last few.

edit: I sent this to Blue just recently (post PM update), but just in case he doesn't run it tomorrow, and you're interested in more game soundtracks:

There's another sale going on, including Plants v Zombies, _ensnare_, and disasterpeace.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V May 31, 2012, 21:45 TychoCelchuuu

This is like the best bundle ever. These are all amazing games.  

2. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V May 31, 2012, 21:09 Rhino

nin wrote on May 31, 2012, 21:04:
Grabbed this for Superbrothers and the soundtracks. Assuming you don't have at least two of those, its a heck of a deal.

Yeah, I've wanted Bastion and Limbo for a while and just never got around to buying them, so it's an easy choice. Psychonauts is a bit of an odd inclusion, though, at seven years old. I... suppose because of the attention that it had been getting on account of Notch wanting to help fund its sequel.

1. Re: Humble Indie Bundle V May 31, 2012, 21:04 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo